• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Pre Season Polls

CDAGRIZ said:
RobertoGato said:
CDAGRIZ said:
RobertoGato said:
It's pretty likely that Rovig tops Andersen in yardage, YPA, and TD-INT ration as a passer. Literally all he would have to do for that to be a reality is top 1200 yards, 56% completion, and 3-7. If he's passing for more yards, more yards per attempt, and more TD's relative to INT's, that would be "better" by any reasonable standard.

So, now, it's "pretty likely" rather than "The passing game will obviously be more productive, seriously-- any idiot can see that."?

So are predictions new to you guys on this board? Are you unfamiliar with the rudiments of talking about things that haven't happened yet?

They must be new to us. Predictions. Do they always start with making assertions in absolutes with "obviously, any idiot can see it" and then walking it back about nine steps to "pretty likely"? Does the predictor always have to add that he doesn't believe in the main driver of the outcome, or is that more of a stylistic thing?

So if you just declared that Dalton Sneed will start at quarterback in 2019 and a Cat fan was actually assinine enough to question your basis for making that claim and you said "it's obvious" and they still pressed you for "evidence," you might say it's likely because he started last year, performed well on balance, and nothing has really changed at that position.

I don't really see what's so hard to understand about this. I think it's obvious that Rovig is going to represent an upgrade in the passing game and a downgrade in the running game. The reasons for that are plain. Again, any idiot should be able to understand that. Another way of saying this is that I think it's very likely. I can't say it's a certainty because it's a future event that hasn't taken place yet.

Let me know if you guys need a quick lesson on how past events work too. That's a whole different dynamic.

RobertoGato said:
Any reasonable Griz fan might say "given experience and development, the OL will be at least marginally better in 2019 than it was in 2018." Can they prove it? No. Is it reasonable and likely? Yep. If a Cat fan was like "YOU CANT SAY THAT! PROVE IT WITH FACTZZZ!!!" you'd rightly say that's dumb and pretty hilariously insecure.
This is a horrible analogy, BTW, and just shows how dumb you guys really are. We are talking about the most important position on the field, and not simply talking about a matter of development or experience from one year to the next.
We are not replacing OLs who broke records and won awards with some benchwarmer who doesn’t even fit the system, and then making wild claims about improvement. Please tell me you can see the difference?

RobertoGato said:
CDAGRIZ said:
RobertoGato said:
CDAGRIZ said:
So, now, it's "pretty likely" rather than "The passing game will obviously be more productive, seriously-- any idiot can see that."?

So are predictions new to you guys on this board? Are you unfamiliar with the rudiments of talking about things that haven't happened yet?

They must be new to us. Predictions. Do they always start with making assertions in absolutes with "obviously, any idiot can see it" and then walking it back about nine steps to "pretty likely"? Does the predictor always have to add that he doesn't believe in the main driver of the outcome, or is that more of a stylistic thing?

So if you just declared that Dalton Sneed will start at quarterback in 2019 and a Cat fan was actually assinine enough to question your basis for making that claim and you said "it's obvious" and they still pressed you for "evidence," you might say it's likely because he started last year, performed well on balance, and nothing has really changed at that position.

I don't really see what's so hard to understand about this. I think it's obvious that Rovig is going to represent an upgrade in the passing game and a downgrade in the running game. The reasons for that are plain. Again, any idiot should be able to understand that. Another way of saying this is that I think it's very likely. I can't say it's a certainty because it's a future event that hasn't taken place yet.

Let me know if you guys need a quick lesson on how past events work too. That's a whole different dynamic.

Boberto, you answer your own question.

-A prediction that Sneed will start is based on last season, and the fact that nothing has really changed at the position. Barring injury, he should start. Prediction based on evidence.

-An assertion that the Bob passing game will obviously be better, and any idiot can see it, based on the fact that a meh QB, who you admittedly don't believe in, and who has one real start (shitty results) passes more than the last guy? I can't get behind that as much. Wishing based on ??. Shit, the neighbor kid is a pass-first QB. He's 15. Would the Bob passing game obviously improve to the point where any idiot could predict it with him taking snaps? No, right? Why? Because he's likely not a good DI QB. I think you can see where I'm going.

C'mon, you're not dumb. You're better than this.

CDAGRIZ said:
RobertoGato said:
CDAGRIZ said:
RobertoGato said:

-A prediction that Sneed will start is based on last season, and the fact that nothing has really changed at the position. Barring injury, he should start. Prediction based on evidence.

-An assertion that the Bob passing game will obviously be better, and any idiot can see it, based on the fact that a meh QB, who you admittedly don't believe in, and who has one real start (shitty results) passes more than the last guy? I can't get behind that as much. Wishing based on ??. Shit, the neighbor kid is a pass-first QB. He's 15. Would the Bob passing game obviously improve to the point where any idiot could predict it with him taking snaps? No, right? Why? Because he's likely not a good DI QB. I think you can see where I'm going.

You're leaving out the key detail that the Cats almost did not have a passing offense last year. That's a pretty important reason why I think it's obvious that it will be more productive.

But I think the analogy to the Griz OL is better. I'm just couching these things in terms of UM situations to explain the logic of the thought process.

RobertoGato said:
CDAGRIZ said:
RobertoGato said:
CDAGRIZ said:

You're leaving out the key detail that the Cats almost did not have a passing offense last year. That's a pretty important reason why I think it's obvious that it will be more productive.

But I think the analogy to the Griz OL is better. I'm just couching these things in terms of UM situations to explain the logic of the thought process.

See, I think the Bob passing game was decent last year as a factor of the QB run game. On balance, I don’t think QB play will be better for the Bobs this year, but it’s not obvious, and idiots could see it either way. Prediction.

CDAGRIZ said:
RobertoGato said:
CDAGRIZ said:
RobertoGato said:

Right, right! Tell that to Gresch. Look, this is simple - like you. Rovig can throw the ball. Come on over and watch a practice if you need to see it to believe it. He hasn't had much opportunity to prove it in games and blog trolls like you find fodder in that. Fair enough, we're all here on a board dominated by trolls. I've seen him in practice and he has a strong, accurate arm on most throws but needs work on others. I believe he's a better passer than TA, but not nearly the scrambler or runner. MSU will beat the griz again this fall regardless. They don't need a throwing qb to beat um.....and Choate's proved that the last 3 years by necessity, not design. I like other Cat fans hope Rovig can manage a game and complete passes when the defense loads up against the run. Choate wants to run the ball, run the ball, and run the ball. Oh, pass when then odds are in your favor, but run the ball.

Bear Spray said:
CDAGRIZ said:
RobertoGato said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Right, right! Tell that to Gresch. Look, this is simple - like you. Rovig can throw the ball. Come on over and watch a practice if you need to see it to believe it. He hasn't had much opportunity to prove it in games and blog trolls like you find fodder in that. Fair enough, we're all here on a board dominated by trolls. I've seen him in practice and he has a strong, accurate arm on most throws but needs work on others. I believe he's a better passer than TA, but not nearly the scrambler or runner. MSU will beat the griz again this fall regardless. They don't need a throwing qb to beat um.....and Choate's proved that the last 3 years by necessity, not design. I like other Cat fans hope Rovig can manage a game and complete passes when the defense loads up against the run. Choate wants to run the ball, run the ball, and run the ball. Oh, pass when then odds are in your favor, but run the ball.

Griz fans are trolling eGriz?

Also, I’m now convinced that Rovig can “throw the ball” because I’m afraid you’ll steal my antifreeze if I don’t agree. Holy shit!!

CDAGRIZ said:
RobertoGato said:
CDAGRIZ said:
RobertoGato said:

See, I think the Bob passing game was decent last year as a factor of the QB run game. On balance, I don’t think QB play will be better for the Bobs this year, but it’s not obvious, and idiots could see it either way. Prediction.

The passing game was almost completely helpless for almost all of last season. There is no sense in which it was decent if considered on the balance of the whole year. Perhaps you feel that way in part because Andersen's game against UM and the PO win against Incarnate Word were fairly efficient. But they are not representative of his season as a whole at all.

I am also unsure as to whether the QB position will be better or worse overall in 2019. But the passing offense in particular will be better. That's my opinion, based mostly on the extreme limitations Troy Andersen had as a passer for most of 2018.

Whether that improvement will be enough to offset not having the best athlete in the BSC running for 1400 yards and 23 touchdowns, I don't know. I'm highly skeptical.

If you catholes came over here and told us the passing game is going to improve because RSBV has a strong, accurate arm for most throws, you probably wouldn’t get a 17-page push-back. But, as CDA so astutely pointed out, you gotta make claims that it’s obvious, and anyone can see it, simply because (1) it can’t get any worse and (2) he’s a pass-first QB.
Well, (1) that’s always a dumb assumption and (2) he doesn’t fit the O!

Here’s the part that is so obvious to all Griz fans—your O sucks balls pass-wise even when it has a QB who can scramble and run it “by design.” :lol: All cats admit the running game will get worse, and RSBV can’t scramble. To hear my neighbor tell it, RSBV should be called “RoperRolovich.”
Your O’s best pass “by design” ( :lol: ) is a play action pass, but how’s that going to work with a qb who is not a threat to run?

garizzalies said:
If you catholes came over here and told us the passing game is going to improve because RSBV has a strong, accurate arm for most throws, you probably wouldn’t get a 17-page push-back. But, as CDA so astutely pointed out, you gotta make claims that it’s obvious, and anyone can see it, simply because (1) it can’t get any worse and (2) he’s a pass-first QB.

Here’s the part that is so obvious to all Griz fans—your O sucks balls pass-wise even when it has a QB who can scramble and run it “by design.” :lol: All cats admit the running game will get worse, and RSBV can’t scramble. To hear my neighbor tell it, RSBV should be called “RoperRolovich.”
Your O’s best pass “by design” ( :lol: ) is a play action pass, but how’s that going to work with a qb who is not a threat to run?

Oof. There is a lot here. Maybe I'll just start by pointing out the complete ignorance of saying that a QB has to be a rushing threat to execute play action.

And let's be honest-- you were going to throw a fit no matter Cat fans say. You're butthurt that we keep beating you and you're fantasizing. I get it.

RobertoGato said:
CDAGRIZ said:
RobertoGato said:
CDAGRIZ said:

The passing game was almost completely helpless for almost all of last season. There is no sense in which it was decent if considered on the balance of the whole year. Perhaps you feel that way in part because Andersen's game against UM and the PO win against Incarnate Word were fairly efficient. But they are not representative of his season as a whole at all.

I am also unsure as to whether the QB position will be better or worse overall in 2019. But the passing offense in particular will be better. That's my opinion, based mostly on the extreme limitations Troy Andersen had as a passer for most of 2018.

Whether that improvement will be enough to offset not having the best athlete in the BSC running for 1400 yards and 23 touchdowns, I don't know. I'm highly skeptical.

There we go. There it is. Shhh-shhh-shhhh-shhh-shh.

Let's either derail this sonofabitch or start a new thread with really gets to the heart of the matter here. F the talk about passing yards, how many more game will MSU win in 2019 than um?

RobertoGato said:
garizzalies said:

Oof. There is a lot here. Maybe I'll just start by pointing out the complete ignorance of saying that a QB has to be a rushing threat to execute play action.
Complete ignorance of saying what?
You read like old people....uhhh..read. Typical cat education at work.
I never said a Qb has to be a rushing threat to execute a play action pass—you did! Like a Freudian slip or something. Must be all the late night praying and wish casting on your rival’s board. 3:45 am. :lol: You did admit you “spent months wish casting someone other than Rovig [was your] starting QB.”
And all cats admit the running game will be worse. But any idiot can see the passing game will improve because obvs.
And i think you just admitted the scats’ best pass is a PAP, so...
I guess by eliminating one of the main options in the triple option, the O gets better at something it’s not designed for by someone not fit for it, again because obvs.
#catlogic

garizzalies said:
RobertoGato said:
garizzalies said:

Complete ignorance of saying what?
You read like old people....uhhh..read. Typical cat education at work.
I never said a Qb has to be a rushing threat to execute a play action pass—you did! Like a Freudian slip or something. Must be all the late night praying and wish casting on your rival’s board. 3:45 am. :lol: You did admit you “spent months wish casting someone other than Rovig [was your] starting QB.”
And all cats admit the running game will be worse. But any idiot can see the passing game will improve because obvs.
And i think you just admitted the scats’ best pass is a PAP, so...
I guess by eliminating one of the main options in the triple option, the O gets better at something it’s not designed for by someone not fit for it, again because obvs.
#catlogic

:clap:

CDAGRIZ said:
RobertoGato said:
CDAGRIZ said:
RobertoGato said:

Seriously? I said this quite a ways back.

RobertoGato said:
CDAGRIZ said:
RobertoGato said:
CDAGRIZ said:

This is really good stuff! (I'm referring to the discussion about improved quarterback play for the Cats, not the air quality of any public venue in Colorado, of course).

Who did the Cats pick up during the offseason that can actually catch a damn ball! Nobody. So to placate the online Sunday Morning Armchair Quarterbacks who want to see bullshit spread formation offense, they think taking a kid fresh off shoulder surgery and putting him on the field as a linebacker is going to fix their defense and a unanamous All-Conference quarterback--same kid--will see an improvement in dropped balls by receivers this year. Yeah. Right.

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
RobertoGato said:
CDAGRIZ said:
RobertoGato said:

This is really good stuff! (I'm referring to the discussion about improved quarterback play for the Cats, not the air quality of any public venue in Colorado, of course).

Who did the Cats pick up during the offseason that can actually catch a damn ball! Nobody. So to placate the online Sunday Morning Armchair Quarterbacks who want to see bullshit spread formation offense, they think taking a kid fresh off shoulder surgery and putting him on the field as a linebacker is going to fix their defense and a unanamous All-Conference quarterback--same kid--will see an improvement in dropped balls by receivers this year. Yeah. Right.

If you're trying to talk trash about the Cats, it needs to actually be coherent enough for people to know what you're trying to say. Otherwise, the insults kind of fall flat...

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
RobertoGato said:
CDAGRIZ said:
RobertoGato said:

I know you are all wishing the Cat offense will be worse this year but it is not going to happen. With Matt Miller as OC, the Cats will definitely have an improved passing game and the running game will still be very strong. The receivers will be fine. Couple this with a stronger and very experienced offensive line.

The additions the Cat's made on defense will will make for a stronger unit than last year. The pass rush should be very good.

It seems like posts about the Cat's have dominated E-Griz this off season. You all seem very concerned about how bad the Cat's are going to do. :lol: :lol:

Totally agree with bigsky33 on one point....egriz can talk openly and often about msu but seems to have forgotten about UM. Bottom line is msu is ranked because of last years finish. UM is, and will not be recognized until it shows it deserves to be. I will say this tho...last November UM literally knocked the shit out the cats for 3 quarters but took way to many plays off during critical times in the 4th quarter. That will change this year. We have better depth and players won’t be taking plays off.

Go Griz!

Back