• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Pre Season Polls

Just out of curiosity, what does any of the last 3 pages have to do with preseason polls?! If you want to talk about Troy Anderson set up a new thread!

CDAGRIZ said:
Gaeilge1 said:
Just out of curiosity, what does any of the last 3 pages have to do with preseason polls?! If you want to talk about Troy Anderson set up a new thread!

Whatever you do, do NOT read this thread: https://egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=82745

I resent that, I put in some hard work trying to get that 17 pages. I had to give up though, sometimes your only feeling of relief is when you stop beating your head against a wall. ;)

garizzalies said:
RobertoGato said:
garizzalies said:
getgrizzy said:
Yeah, your pass game will be better, but your run game will be worse.
Why? Why do you guys keep saying this crap? I agree the run game will suffer, but why is it a given the pass game will improve? PoorC.A.T.S. already confirmed there is no actual, objective evidence that the passing game will improve—just his hunch because it can’t get worse.
So they are replacing all conf level QBs (who fit this O) with essentially an unproven, first-time starter (who can’t run) in a O where a running QB is one of the main options. And you think this will be better? I guess I could see it if Roshambowvig was some kind of deadly assasin, but I doubt that’s the case. He was picked following a game of rock-paper-scissors! Maybe I’m just “wish casting.” And even if it improves, it will be difficult to prove it was not a function of the easier schedule.

I think it’s unsupported and unsupportable crazy-talk that the passing will improve, let alone be an obvious given. I think the opposite is obvious—guy is going to get killed

Yes, you're so secure that you need to chastise other Griz fans who don't have the same assumption. That just reeks of confidence.
You think Gwen is a Griz fan?
Confidence? WTF are you talking about?
Wow. I knew you cat people on here were dumb as shit, sometimes on purpose, but I didn’t realize you guys could be so overtly stupid by accident.
Instead of wish casting, how about addressing the question: what objective evidence is there that the passing game will improve?

Lol... so triggered.

RobertoGato said:
garizzalies said:
RobertoGato said:
garizzalies said:
Why? Why do you guys keep saying this crap? I agree the run game will suffer, but why is it a given the pass game will improve? PoorC.A.T.S. already confirmed there is no actual, objective evidence that the passing game will improve—just his hunch because it can’t get worse.
So they are replacing all conf level QBs (who fit this O) with essentially an unproven, first-time starter (who can’t run) in a O where a running QB is one of the main options. And you think this will be better? I guess I could see it if Roshambowvig was some kind of deadly assasin, but I doubt that’s the case. He was picked following a game of rock-paper-scissors! Maybe I’m just “wish casting.” And even if it improves, it will be difficult to prove it was not a function of the easier schedule.

I think it’s unsupported and unsupportable crazy-talk that the passing will improve, let alone be an obvious given. I think the opposite is obvious—guy is going to get killed

Yes, you're so secure that you need to chastise other Griz fans who don't have the same assumption. That just reeks of confidence.
You think Gwen is a Griz fan?
Confidence? WTF are you talking about?
Wow. I knew you cat people on here were dumb as shit, sometimes on purpose, but I didn’t realize you guys could be so overtly stupid by accident.
Instead of wish casting, how about addressing the question: what objective evidence is there that the passing game will improve?

Lol... so triggered.
So none? Your answer is there is no such evidence? Got it.
That’s what normal people seem to believe but you C.A.T.rolls have been wish casting that the passing game will improve regardless of the facts.

garizzalies said:
So none? Your answer is there is no such evidence? Got it. That’s what normal people seem to believe but you C.A.T.rolls have been wish casting that the passing game will improve regardless of the facts.

What would be the point in telling you why I think it's probable that the Cats' passing game will improve in 2019?

For starters, I would prefer you convince yourself that it won't and that the Cats won't win a game this season so as to create maximum disappointment.

And more to the point, you're pretty obviously not interested in actually hearing reasons why someone would assume improvement. I could give you some obvious ones (e.g. the starting QB's of the past three seasons have not been passers, but runners... the projected starter is a passer first... seems pretty simple), but you're going to dismiss them because you've already reached your conclusion-- the one that you want to believe.

As for Cat fans wish casting, I can only speak for this particular fan. I spent months wish casting someone other than Rovig as our starting QB. I don't really believe in him. The passing game will obviously be more productive (seriously-- any idiot can see that and I assume you also know it but prefer not to admit it), but it will have to do so pretty dramatically to counter the significant loss of the QB run game. I'm dubious.

RobertoGato said:
garizzalies said:
So none? Your answer is there is no such evidence? Got it. That’s what normal people seem to believe but you C.A.T.rolls have been wish casting that the passing game will improve regardless of the facts.

What would be the point in telling you why I think it's probable that the Cats' passing game will improve in 2019?

For starters, I would prefer you convince yourself that it won't and that the Cats won't win a game this season so as to create maximum disappointment.

And more to the point, you're pretty obviously not interested in actually hearing reasons why someone would assume improvement. I could give you some obvious ones (e.g. the starting QB's of the past three seasons have not been passers, but runners... the projected starter is a passer first... seems pretty simple), but you're going to dismiss them because you've already reached your conclusion-- the one that you want to believe.

As for Cat fans wish casting, I can only speak for this particular fan. I spent months wish casting someone other than Rovig as our starting QB. I don't really believe in him. The passing game will obviously be more productive (seriously-- any idiot can see that and I assume you also know it but prefer not to admit it), but it will have to do so pretty dramatically to counter the significant loss of the QB run game. I'm dubious.

I have to agree with Roberto about the kitty passing game improving this year. After all, can it really get any worse? I also agree that the running game will suffer.

A hurricane will strike Montana this fall.
I don't have to tell you why, but you should think it won't happen, so when it does, you'll be disappointed.
I could tell you the reasons why it will happen (e.g., there have been no hurricanes in Montana for the last three years, this fall will be warmer, etc.), but it seems like you have your mind made up that there will be no hurricane in Montana this fall.

Seriously, saying the passing game will 100% be better for the Bobs because Rovig is a pass first QB necessarily assumes that Rovig will be productive. With one career start against a real team (shit results), I don't see how anyone can 100% conclude he will be productive. Boberto (perhaps unintentionally) even alludes to this in his last paragraph.

The last guys were run first QBs, so a marginal-at-best pass first QB will lead to an improved passing game? It might turn out that way, but I'd hardly call it evidence of a sure thing. #pixnsax

MikeyGriz said:
RobertoGato said:
garizzalies said:

I have to agree with Roberto about the kitty passing game improving this year. After all, can it really get any worse? I also agree that the running game will suffer.

Right-- a strong consideration in assuming that the passing game will be more productive is the low, low bar that has been set for "more." I'm certainly not predicting some laser show passing attack.

RobertoGato said:
MikeyGriz said:
RobertoGato said:
garizzalies said:

Right-- a strong consideration in assuming that the passing game will be more productive is the low, low bar that has been set for "more." I'm certainly not predicting some laser show passing attack.

I don't disagree that the Bob offense should pass for more yards. Just more yards =/= "better", especially with the guy slated to toss it into the air.

CDAGRIZ said:
I don't have to tell you why, but you should think it won't happen, so when it does, you'll be disappointed.
I could tell you the reasons why it will happen (e.g., there have been no hurricanes in Montana for the last three years, this fall will be warmer, etc.), but it seems like you have your mind made up that there will be no hurricane in Montana this fall.

Seriously, saying the passing game will 100% be better for the Bobs because Rovig is a pass first QB necessarily assumes that Rovig will be productive. With one career start against a real team (shit results), I don't see how anyone can 100% conclude he will be productive. Boberto (perhaps unintentionally) even alludes to this in his last paragraph.

The last guys were run first QBs, so a marginal-at-best pass first QB will lead to an improved passing game? It might turn out that way, but I'd hardly call it evidence of a sure thing. #pixnsax

It's an assumption... a prediction. Like literally every statement regarding a football season that has not happened yet. I happen to think that the passing game being more productive and the running game less so is a pretty obvious, supportable (not probable) prediction if the starting QB job shifts from Andersen to Rovig.

Any reasonable Griz fan might say "given experience and development, the OL will be at least marginally better in 2019 than it was in 2018." Can they prove it? No. Is it reasonable and likely? Yep. If a Cat fan was like "YOU CANT SAY THAT! PROVE IT WITH FACTZZZ!!!" you'd rightly say that's dumb and pretty hilariously insecure.

CDAGRIZ said:
RobertoGato said:
MikeyGriz said:
RobertoGato said:

I don't disagree that the Bob offense should pass for more yards. Just more yards =/= "better", especially with the guy slated to toss it into the air.

It's pretty likely that Rovig tops Andersen in yardage, YPA, and TD-INT ration as a passer. Literally all he would have to do for that to be a reality is top 1200 yards, 56% completion, and 3-7. If he's passing for more yards, more yards per attempt, and more TD's relative to INT's, that would be "better" by any reasonable standard.

RobertoGato said:
CDAGRIZ said:

It's an assumption... a prediction. Like literally every statement regarding a football season that has not happened yet. I happen to think that the passing game being more productive and the running game less so is a pretty obvious, supportable (not probable) prediction if the starting QB job shifts from Andersen to Rovig.

Any reasonable Griz fan might say "given experience and development, the OL will be at least marginally better in 2019 than it was in 2018." Can they prove it? No. Is it reasonable and likely? Yep. If a Cat fan was like "YOU CANT SAY THAT! PROVE IT WITH FACTZZZ!!!" you'd rightly say that's dumb and pretty hilariously insecure.

Perhaps if you'd clarify that you simply predict to see more passing yards, it would make more sense. I don't disagree with that.

Conversely, averring that "any idiot" could see that the passing game will "obviously be more productive" just because this (admittedly) marginal QB passes more than the guys playing the last three years, is where you lose some folks.

I trust you can see the difference.

RobertoGato said:
CDAGRIZ said:
RobertoGato said:
MikeyGriz said:

It's pretty likely that Rovig tops Andersen in yardage, YPA, and TD-INT ration as a passer. Literally all he would have to do for that to be a reality is top 1200 yards, 56% completion, and 3-7. If he's passing for more yards, more yards per attempt, and more TD's relative to INT's, that would be "better" by any reasonable standard.

So, now, it's "pretty likely" rather than "The passing game will obviously be more productive, seriously-- any idiot can see that."?

RobertoGato said:

Oh IDK, maybe because you jack asses keep pounding your chests over here about it and we are simply wondering why so serious?

For starters, I would prefer you convince yourself that it won't...

already there, homes, don’t you worry

And more to the point, you're pretty obviously not interested in actually hearing reasons why someone would assume improvement.

actually, you can look back and see the opposite is true—I am very interested in hearing the reasons—I’ve made multiple posts now, practically begging for the slightest scintilla of evidence. But....none!

I spent months wish casting someone other than Rovig as our starting QB. I don't really believe in him. The passing game will obviously be more productive

read these sentences again, and then slap yourself
You don’t believe in him, but it’s still “obvious.” :lol:
I don’t believe in heaven but I’m obviously going there

CDAGRIZ said:
RobertoGato said:
CDAGRIZ said:
RobertoGato said:

So, now, it's "pretty likely" rather than "The passing game will obviously be more productive, seriously-- any idiot can see that."?

So are predictions new to you guys on this board? Are you unfamiliar with the rudiments of talking about things that haven't happened yet?

garizzalies said:
RobertoGato said:

Oh IDK, maybe because you jack asses keep pounding your chests over here about it and we are simply wondering why so serious?

And more to the point, you're pretty obviously not interested in actually hearing reasons why someone would assume improvement.

actually, you can look back and see the opposite is true—I am very interested in hearing the reasons—I’ve made multiple posts now, practically begging for the slightest scintilla of evidence. But....none!

I spent months wish casting someone other than Rovig as our starting QB. I don't really believe in him. The passing game will obviously be more productive

I'm not a big Tucker Rovig believer and yet it's easy to see that he's a more effective passer than the linebacker that we had playing QB last season. See how those two things can both be true? Or is that too much for you to wrap your head around?

RobertoGato said:
CDAGRIZ said:
RobertoGato said:
CDAGRIZ said:

So are predictions new to you guys on this board? Are you unfamiliar with the rudiments of talking about things that haven't happened yet?

They must be new to us. Predictions. Do they always start with making assertions in absolutes with "obviously, any idiot can see it" and then walking it back about nine steps to "pretty likely"? Does the predictor always have to add that he doesn't believe in the main driver of the outcome, or is that more of a stylistic thing?

RobertoGato said:
garizzalies said:
RobertoGato said:

I'm not a big Tucker Rovig believer and yet it's easy to see that he's a more effective passer than the linebacker that we had playing QB last season.

There's the crux. How is that easy to see?

Back