• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Pre Season Polls

Copper Griz said:
PlayerRep said:
I don't understand why some Griz fans can't accept that the Cats have improved, are pretty good, and Choate is at least a pretty good coach. We will see if the Cats have a qb this year.

I thought the Griz would beat the Cats last year. Close, but no cigar.

While I have little or no basis for saying this, I think the Griz will be very good this year.

I also believe the Cats will be good. A good MT sportswriter told me recently that he agrees on both points.

Oh, I don’t think the Cats will be bad. Especially when considering their strength of schedule. I don’t think they have the skill players needed to be an elite team. QB void is huge. You just can’t fix that mess overnight. Their defense will be tough, but their new coach is nowhere near as experienced as TG. Just don’t think they are at the next level yet. I am actually more optimistic about the Griz. First game will tell a lot about the trenches and any advancements. Skill players - loaded. Going to be in interesting season and I expect they will have a better record than last year - even though the schedule is more difficult. QB in year two of the system will go a long way.

And my post wasn't directed at you. You seem to have a pretty good handle on things. I agree with most of what you just said.

Choate was a defensive coach. I assume he will be working closely with Ione. I assume Choate isn't going to want the D to slide after he fired TG. As UM has seen with TG and then Semore, I don't think good D coaches just immediately become great DC's. It seems to take some time.

We shall see if Choate can spend more time on the D, still get the O and QB going, and stay on top of the overall team and recruiting. Not saying he can't, but my guess he is not acting as the de facto DC.

Think Semore is marrying a MT girl from St. Ignatius this summer.

PlayerRep said:
Copper Griz said:
PlayerRep said:
I don't understand why some Griz fans can't accept that the Cats have improved, are pretty good, and Choate is at least a pretty good coach. We will see if the Cats have a qb this year.

I thought the Griz would beat the Cats last year. Close, but no cigar.

While I have little or no basis for saying this, I think the Griz will be very good this year.

I also believe the Cats will be good. A good MT sportswriter told me recently that he agrees on both points.

Oh, I don’t think the Cats will be bad. Especially when considering their strength of schedule. I don’t think they have the skill players needed to be an elite team. QB void is huge. You just can’t fix that mess overnight. Their defense will be tough, but their new coach is nowhere near as experienced as TG. Just don’t think they are at the next level yet. I am actually more optimistic about the Griz. First game will tell a lot about the trenches and any advancements. Skill players - loaded. Going to be in interesting season and I expect they will have a better record than last year - even though the schedule is more difficult. QB in year two of the system will go a long way.

And my post wasn't directed at you. You seem to have a pretty good handle on things. I agree with most of what you just said.

Choate was a defensive coach. I assume he will be working closely with Ione. I assume Choate isn't going to want the D to slide after he fired TG. As UM has seen with TG and then Semore, I don't think good D coaches just immediately become great DC's. It seems to take some time.

We shall see if Choate can spend more time on the D, still get the O and QB going, and stay on top of the overall team and recruiting. Not saying he can't, but my guess he is not acting as the de facto DC.

Think Semore is marrying a MT girl from St. Ignatius this summer.

Let’s hope our DC can remember this year that there’s 4 quarters to every game.
[spoil]there. THAT should get this baby to 17 pages. :cool: [/spoil]

CDAGRIZ said:
RobertoGato said:
garizzalies said:
RobertoGato said:
What would be the point in telling you why I think it's probable that the Cats' passing game will improve in 2019?

Oh IDK, maybe because you jack asses keep pounding your chests over here about it and we are simply wondering why so serious?

For starters, I would prefer you convince yourself that it won't...

already there, homes, don’t you worry

And more to the point, you're pretty obviously not interested in actually hearing reasons why someone would assume improvement.

actually, you can look back and see the opposite is true—I am very interested in hearing the reasons—I’ve made multiple posts now, practically begging for the slightest scintilla of evidence. But....none!

I spent months wish casting someone other than Rovig as our starting QB. I don't really believe in him. The passing game will obviously be more productive

read these sentences again, and then slap yourself
You don’t believe in him, but it’s still “obvious.” :lol:
I don’t believe in heaven but I’m obviously going there

I'm not a big Tucker Rovig believer and yet it's easy to see that he's a more effective passer than the linebacker that we had playing QB last season.

There's the crux. How is that easy to see?

Because the previous guy in that position sucked so bad in this department?

bigsky33 said:
garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:
Choate won't settle for mediocrity
What’s the flattest thing at Bozeman State?
The bills of their baseball caps?
Their completion totals?
The buildings’ rooflines that can’t make it through a MT winter?
Or that tired inflatable head-C.A.T. that hasn’t puked out a QB in over 4 years?

Oh yea, and that gigantic cat head thingy they run out of is flat, too
#flatline

You forgot to mention Coach Choate that is undefeated against the Griz and took his team to the playoffs. Your so butt-hurt garizzalies! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I dont know I would not have put the bobcats at number 8 IHO. Lets see how this season turns out

Latest posts

Back