• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

No one knows where people are getting infected

ilovethecats said:
garizzalies said:
Nope. I just went back and reviewed the thread. You did not “pose” a question and certainly not 5 times. I specifically looked for question marks in your last several posts. You are the confused one. Please link the question you claim to have “posed” or apologize for lying.

You did say, “I understand the science of masks. [but] the reasoning is flawed if we're going to pretend...”

Which is so dumb because you’re the one pretending. Most deny-er’s deny the science but accept the reasoning. You sound like the opposite, which is weird because it actually sounds dumber when you think about it.

And you do suck cat 🥜

:lol:

Ok. Well let’s try again.

We’re asked to mask up to slow the spread of this virus and save lives. Is this true?????? Is saving lives the most important thing in this battle??????

Do masks help slow the spread of other viruses as well, or ONLY this particular virus??????

If masks only prevent the spread and save lives from THIS virus, than I retract all further questions. I’m asking these questions with the presumption that a mask would be beneficial in saving lives from many viruses. Am I wrong in that belief??????

Do people die from other viruses such as the flu every year????? I’m on record on this very board saying I thought this was the case, but admitted if it’s not I retract all these questions. And yes, these are questions I have asked several times, despite you being unable to find them.

So the final question I posed, several times, is why are masks so important in saving these specific lives this year, but not worth the time all other years even though we KNOW wearing them would save lives??????

Are people not being hypocritical lobbying for mask use now, but not going forward, despite the fact that lives could be saved??????

You can educate me all you want about “novel” virus, “new strains”, “once a lifetime pandemic” all you want. It doesn’t change anything I said one iota. People die from viruses and illnesses every year. Wearing masks could prevent many of those deaths. That’s just science. Compare it to whatever you want, it doesn’t change the fact. If your mother died from the flu in 2019, and not the coronavirus in 2020, I highly doubt you’d sing the same tune.

If you really care about saving lives and protecting your neighbors that’s great! Mask up, social distance and all the other good stuff. But if you’re (maybe not you specifically) are going to shout from rooftops about mask wearing, you should practice what you preach; ALL of the time, and not one little year long period to pretend you’re saving mankind.

I’m sure this will be received with some witty insults and the like. It’s par for the course these days. Cancel culture. But is was simply reiterating questions I’ve asked before that you were unable to find.

Isn't the difference that 350,000 people have died from the virus in about 10 months in the US, and January is expected to be another huge month; and only about 50,000 die of the flu annually. Lots of masks will help save alot of lives from the virus. Lots of masks wouldn't save that many people dying from the flu. Again, it's the speed limit analogy that many have already mentioned.

I'll make up some figures. Lots of masks could say 20,000 people a month from the virus, but would only save 500 a month from the flu. One is worth it; one isn't.

4sxvuh.jpg

PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
agree with some of what you are saying greenie, but think the blm comparison lacks sufficient nuance. i should preface it by saying i don't support any violence by anybody, before some moron suggests such. anyway, back to my point, those rioters in d.c. were being treated with kid gloves by the cops, even though several were armed. don't recall any blm rioters making it anywhere close to getting in to a government building, much less the capital. as a person of color, i would think you also might agree that the cops treat non-white people differently - for example, look at how the missoula cops treated your friend trumaine johnson. also, the blm folks who weren't rioters were attacked by white supremacist groups, don't know that anybody was out attacking the proud patriots who stormed the capital and made the u.s. the laughing stock of the world. i'll conclude by saying i don't think the situations are really as similar as you seem to believe, although i do understand why you would make that point. just don't agree with the example.

My main point was that the CNN's of the world covered the DC crowds/storming/rioting completely different than they covered the BLM matters, not that the two events, or series of events in the case of BLM, were the same or similar. The DC events were covered all days long, with very dramatic statements. Much of the BLM stuff was either played down, ignored, or supported.

While yesterday was bad and stupid and sometimes embarrassing, for many reasons, no cars or buildings were burned, and there didn't seem to be alot of big clashes between protestors/mobs and the police.

While the capitol police were restrained, and apparently unprepared, I don't think the woman/veteran who was shot and killed was treated with kid gloves. 80 arrests so far, and more coming. 5 for weapons violations. Half of the arrests were not at the capitol.

I see that many administration workers are not fleeing the sinking ship. I see that Steve Daines ultimately didn't follow Cruz and vote with him. I see that Trump is now banned from Facebook and Instagram. Not sure what I think of that, from a first amendment/civil liberty point of view. Pence and McConnell stepped up and held their ground. Good for them. Trump has no said there will be an orderly transition.

I have never liked Trump since I ran across him about 1980, and NYC banking/business, and always thought he was a bad person, really bad it turns out, and am glad he has shown his true colors to more people since he lost the election. Fine with giving him credit for some good policies and accomplishments, tho. Hoping the US has basically get rid of him in the political world. Not sure about his base.

Yes, some cops don't some blacks and POC, especially Indians in MT, as well as some whites. I hope that continues to improve. I was always taught to stay away from police and never say or do anything around them. That's still my policy. As the years have gone on, I've met alot of great cops, and some, like Chuck Burton, are good friends of mine and my family.

I'm worried about the Dems having control of the Senate, although I still wonder if Senators like Tester will be able to follow the ultra-liberal/left line. Hopefully, vulnerable Senators like Tester will keep the Bernie/Warren ideas from sailing through.

i don't watch cnn, so i can't really comment on their coverage of blm, but will take your word for it. they have become the left's fox news, maybe even worse at times. as for cops, i developed the habit of keeping my distance from them, too. also met some good cops, and some bad cops, including lazy ones. having said all that, i do think what just happened deserves a lot of coverage, a lot of scrutiny. it's our capitol building, and the rioters were disrupting the certification of a national election for our next president. i don't know how many really got in the capitol building, but they broke into offices, and apparently trashed some. the figure i saw was 52 arrests, and the head dc cop said they were mostly for curfew violations. more to my attempted point, they met very little resistance from the cops, and they were invading the capitol building of our nation, and trying to stop the certification of an election for president. some were armed. i think that is a big deal, the capitol building, which was full of people, including the second and third people who would become president if trump was removed or whatever. trump, the president of the country, clearly incited the action. i think it deserves a lot of attention, which it received, all around the world. the ccp is making hay out of what happened, and i suspect other brutal dictatorships are, as well. again, i see the point you are making, but don't think the example fits. i think you know where i'm coming from with my disagreement, so i'll not drag out the disagreement any more.

garizzalies said:
ilovethecats said:

We’re asked to mask up to slow the spread of this virus and save lives. Is this true?????? Is saving lives the most important thing in this battle??????

Do masks help slow the spread of other viruses as well, or ONLY this particular virus??????

If masks only prevent the spread and save lives from THIS virus, than I retract all further questions. I’m asking these questions with the presumption that a mask would be beneficial in saving lives from many viruses. Am I wrong in that belief??????

Do people die from other viruses such as the flu every year????? I’m on record on this very board saying I thought this was the case, but admitted if it’s not I retract all these questions. And yes, these are questions I have asked several times, despite you being unable to find them.

So the final question I posed, several times, is why are masks so important in saving these specific lives this year, but not worth the time all other years even though we KNOW wearing them would save lives?????? Because we’re in a pandemic with an extremely contagious and killer, novel virus and no vaccine or immunity. Good gracious are you seriously this dense? I don’t get it; how is this so hard for you to grasp?

Are people not being hypocritical lobbying for mask use now, but not going forward, despite the fact that lives could be saved??????

You can educate me all you want about “novel” virus, “new strains”, “once a lifetime pandemic” all you want. It doesn’t change anything I said one iota. People die from viruses and illnesses every year. Wearing masks could prevent many of those deaths. That’s just science. Compare it to whatever you want, it doesn’t change the fact. If your mother died from the flu in 2019, and not the coronavirus in 2020, I highly doubt you’d sing the same tune.

If you really care about saving lives and protecting your neighbors that’s great! Mask up, social distance and all the other good stuff. But if you’re (maybe not you specifically) are going to shout from rooftops about mask wearing, you should practice what you preach; ALL of the time, and not one little year long period to pretend you’re saving mankind.

I’m sure this will be received with some witty insults and the like. It’s par for the course these days. Cancel culture. But is was simply reiterating questions I’ve asked before that you were unable to find.

See emphasis above.

You keep talking about all these other viruses. Which ones are causing a world-wide pandemic? Oh, only the ONE for which we are masking? Got it.

So you are just making up this other weird “reasoning”? It’s like you’re stuck in this vicious cycle of nonsense. (And you thought my tire analogy was dumb. Ha!)

None of your questions make any sense in the context of this pandemic. Instead, it’s just your goofy way of rationalizing it for yourself, even tho you “agree with the science.” :lol: Let me guess: you’re probably in the medical field so you have no choice?

I thought you were somewhat intelligent before but you sound more and more like Cuervo with each post. Not a good week for you guys. Maybe stop while you can. Or not; I don’t care, I actually get a kick out of reading the nonsense from you guys. So I’m certainly not trying to cancel anybody. Keep up the good fight.

But first, you never did answer my question. You said it’s not about saving lives. So what do you think it’s about? Why are you pretending?

So masks should only be required for pandemics? When covid is no longer a pandemic, then masks are no longer necessary?

PlayerRep said:

I see that many administration workers are not fleeing the sinking ship. I see that Steve Daines ultimately didn't follow Cruz and vote with him. I see that Trump is now banned from Facebook and Instagram. Not sure what I think of that, from a first amendment/civil liberty point of view. Pence and McConnell stepped up and held their ground. Good for them. Trump has no said there will be an orderly transition.

Not sure why anybody would be abandoning ship with only 2 weeks remaining.

Mitch Mcconnell's Wife, Elaine Chao, who is the transportation secretary, is abandoning ship and resigning. Around 4 senators are now pleading with others not to abandon ship. Stay Tuned.

MikeyGriz said:
garizzalies said:
See emphasis above.

You keep talking about all these other viruses. Which ones are causing a world-wide pandemic? Oh, only the ONE for which we are masking? Got it.

So you are just making up this other weird “reasoning”? It’s like you’re stuck in this vicious cycle of nonsense. (And you thought my tire analogy was dumb. Ha!)

None of your questions make any sense in the context of this pandemic. Instead, it’s just your goofy way of rationalizing it for yourself, even tho you “agree with the science.” :lol: Let me guess: you’re probably in the medical field so you have no choice?

I thought you were somewhat intelligent before but you sound more and more like Cuervo with each post. Not a good week for you guys. Maybe stop while you can. Or not; I don’t care, I actually get a kick out of reading the nonsense from you guys. So I’m certainly not trying to cancel anybody. Keep up the good fight.

But first, you never did answer my question. You said it’s not about saving lives. So what do you think it’s about? Why are you pretending?

So masks should only be required for pandemics? When covid is no longer a pandemic, then masks are no longer necessary?

Generally correct. Only for pandemics or similar serious health matters, if masks can help stem the spread.

argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
My main point was that the CNN's of the world covered the DC crowds/storming/rioting completely different than they covered the BLM matters, not that the two events, or series of events in the case of BLM, were the same or similar. The DC events were covered all days long, with very dramatic statements. Much of the BLM stuff was either played down, ignored, or supported.

While yesterday was bad and stupid and sometimes embarrassing, for many reasons, no cars or buildings were burned, and there didn't seem to be alot of big clashes between protestors/mobs and the police.

While the capitol police were restrained, and apparently unprepared, I don't think the woman/veteran who was shot and killed was treated with kid gloves. 80 arrests so far, and more coming. 5 for weapons violations. Half of the arrests were not at the capitol.

I have never liked Trump since I ran across him about 1980, and NYC banking/business, and always thought he was a bad person, really bad it turns out, and am glad he has shown his true colors to more people since he lost the election. Fine with giving him credit for some good policies and accomplishments, tho. Hoping the US has basically get rid of him in the political world. Not sure about his base.

Yes, some cops don't some blacks and POC, especially Indians in MT, as well as some whites. I hope that continues to improve. I was always taught to stay away from police and never say or do anything around them. That's still my policy. As the years have gone on, I've met alot of great cops, and some, like Chuck Burton, are good friends of mine and my family.

I'm worried about the Dems having control of the Senate, although I still wonder if Senators like Tester will be able to follow the ultra-liberal/left line. Hopefully, vulnerable Senators like Tester will keep the Bernie/Warren ideas from sailing through.

i don't watch cnn, so i can't really comment on their coverage of blm, but will take your word for it. they have become the left's fox news, maybe even worse at times. as for cops, i developed the habit of keeping my distance from them, too. also met some good cops, and some bad cops, including lazy ones. having said all that, i do think what just happened deserves a lot of coverage, a lot of scrutiny. it's our capitol building, and the rioters were disrupting the certification of a national election for our next president. i don't know how many really got in the capitol building, but they broke into offices, and apparently trashed some. the figure i saw was 52 arrests, and the head dc cop said they were mostly for curfew violations. more to my attempted point, they met very little resistance from the cops, and they were invading the capitol building of our nation, and trying to stop the certification of an election for president. some were armed. i think that is a big deal, the capitol building, which was full of people, including the second and third people who would become president if trump was removed or whatever. trump, the president of the country, clearly incited the action. i think it deserves a lot of attention, which it received, all around the world. the ccp is making hay out of what happened, and i suspect other brutal dictatorships are, as well. again, i see the point you are making, but don't think the example fits. i think you know where i'm coming from with my disagreement, so i'll not drag out the disagreement any more.

"D.C. police say at least 80 people arrested for 'felony riots,' trying to ID more suspects"

"Investigators say they have captured additional surveillance video footage of further suspects they are hoping to identify and arrest as well."

Anyone who is able to help identify suspects shown in the videos is eligible for a reward of up to $1,000 if they provide information leading to the arrest and indictment of the persons involved, according to the police department.

https://wjla.com/news/local/dc-police-say-at-least-80-people-arrested-for-felony-riots-trying-to-id-more-suspects

"69 arrested, 4 dead, 50 DC police officers injured amid pro-Trump riots at the U.S. Capitol"

"Four of those arrested Wednesday were charged with carrying a pistol without a license, possession of a large capacity ammunition feeding device, possession of unregistered ammunition, according to DC Police."

"Forty-seven were arrested because of disobeying the curfew put in place by DC's Mayor Bowser from 6 p.m. on Wednesday until 6 a.m. on Thursday."

"One person was arrested for possession of a prohibited weapon, which earlier Wednesday was described by DC Police as "illegal fireworks."

"Of the 69 people arrested by DC Police, 26 of them were arrested at the US Capitol Building."

"39 yr old Joshua Pruitt (DC) charged w/felony for inciting riot"

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/local/dc/trump-rally-arrest-numbers-from-washington-dc-police-officials-released/65-a66ab770-6289-4b1c-9c43-7efbb09fe8b1

[I read that capitol police opted to just get most of the people out of the capitol building and not try to arrest them. Police has a lot of surveillance video and plan to look through it to make additional arrests. I don't think there was anything burned, nor was there looting of any nearby stores, except for one burglary. Don't know what may have been done in the capitol or legislative offices.]

TrueGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

Mitch Mcconnell's Wife, Elaine Chao, who is the transportation secretary, is abandoning ship and resigning. Around 4 senators are now pleading with others not to abandon ship. Stay Tuned.

They are trying to save a bit of their reputations. Also:

Mick Mulvaney, Stephanie Grisham, Matt Pottinger, Sarah Mathews, Riki Niceta, Ryan Tully, Tyler Goodspeed, John Costello,

PlayerRep said:
TrueGriz said:

They are trying to save a bit of their reputations. Also:

Mick Mulvaney, Stephanie Grisham, Matt Pottinger, Sarah Mathews, Riki Niceta, Ryan Tully, Tyler Goodspeed, John Costello,

thanks greenie, didn't see that, other than the four people dead - that one girl was shot, and the other three died of "medical complications" from other issues that were probably caused by the excitement.

PlayerRep said:
ilovethecats said:

So the final question I posed, several times, is why are masks so important in saving these specific lives this year, but not worth the time all other years even though we KNOW wearing them would save lives??????

Isn't the difference that 350,000 people have died from the virus in about 10 months in the US, and January is expected to be another huge month; and only about 50,000 die of the flu annually. Lots of masks will help save alot of lives from the virus. Lots of masks wouldn't save that many people dying from the flu. Again, it's the speed limit analogy that many have already mentioned.

I'll make up some figures. Lots of masks could say 20,000 people a month from the virus, but would only save 500 a month from the flu. One is worth it; one isn't.
Hey I can appreciate that PR. Numbers are what they are. I’m still trying to find death rates from year to year but one I saw showed that our death rate in 2020 was basically the same as the last five years.

I guess I’d counter with the fact that I bet the thousands that die every year of other viruses, and they’re families that lost them, wouldn’t be able to differentiate between the two. Using your numbers, and what’s “worth” it and what’s not, is all relative.

But I see what you’re saying. Just seems to me there’s a lot of hypocrisy in regards to masks and saving lives.

ilovethecats said:
PlayerRep said:

Hey I can appreciate that PR. Numbers are what they are. I’m still trying to find death rates from year to year but one I saw showed that our death rate in 2020 was basically the same as the last five years.

I guess I’d counter with the fact that I bet the thousands that die every year of other viruses, and they’re families that lost them, wouldn’t be able to differentiate between the two. Using your numbers, and what’s “worth” it and what’s not, is all relative.

But I see what you’re saying. Just seems to me there’s a lot of hypocrisy in regards to masks and saving lives.

No, the death numbers are not the same this year as they were last year. Way up this year. Note that numbers go up a bit each year, but the covid deaths are what caused the big jump this year. I previously posted this info from the Seattle Times.

"This is the deadliest year in U.S. history, with deaths expected to top 3 million for the first time — due mainly to the coronavirus pandemic.

Final mortality data for this year will not be available for months. But preliminary numbers suggest that the United States is on track to see more than 3.2 million deaths this year, or at least 400,000 more than in 2019.

U.S. deaths increase most years, so some annual rise in fatalities is expected. But the 2020 numbers amount to a jump of about 15%, and could go higher once all the deaths from this month are counted."

PlayerRep said:
ilovethecats said:

No, the death numbers are not the same this year as they were last year. Way up this year. Note that numbers go up a bit each year, but the covid deaths are what caused the big jump this year. I previously posted this info from the Seattle Times.

"This is the deadliest year in U.S. history, with deaths expected to top 3 million for the first time — due mainly to the coronavirus pandemic.

Final mortality data for this year will not be available for months. But preliminary numbers suggest that the United States is on track to see more than 3.2 million deaths this year, or at least 400,000 more than in 2019.

U.S. deaths increase most years, so some annual rise in fatalities is expected. But the 2020 numbers amount to a jump of about 15%, and could go higher once all the deaths from this month are counted."

Also fair. But I said death rates. Obviously if deaths are much higher the death rate will be higher but I was talking about death rates as a whole. I’d be surprised if they’re way higher than other years but I’ve been surprised before!

Garrizzilies seems to have a strong pulse on this. Maybe he could help. Or at the very least post a witty meem and call me suckacats. :thumb:

ilovethecats said:
PlayerRep said:

Also fair. But I said death rates. Obviously if deaths are much higher the death rate will be higher but I was talking about death rates as a whole. I’d be surprised if they’re way higher than other years but I’ve been surprised before!

Garrizzilies seems to have a strong pulse on this. Maybe he could help. Or at the very least post a witty meem and call me suckacats. :thumb:

you aren't like the team you support at all. you don't give up easily, even when it is clear you've lost.

argh! said:
ilovethecats said:

you aren't like the team you support at all. you don't give up easily, even when it is clear you've lost.

That's funny for a couple reasons. First, I have never in my life see a griz team like they did in Bozeman last fall. So I literally laughed out loud.

Second, how did I lose? Because I'm asking questions? Or I guess on the flip-side, how did you "win"? I think we're ALL losers in this.

Argh you seem to be very knowledgeable on this subject. Are you able to find the death rates for 2020 and the previous, say, 5 years or so? I've been unable to track them down and was curious if someone more in the know than myself was able to find them. I assume the rate of death in 2020 skyrockets the previous years but I just can't find any legitimate sources other than social media crap you can never trust.

ilovethecats said:
PlayerRep said:

Ok; you asked for it. I was going to drop it but you nutbags don’t know when to quit (concede). And even after such a bad week.

Twice, PR proved you were wrong (and in your last two posts you seem to acknowledge that). I proved you’re an idiot. What did you prove? Seriously, what was the point of your conspiracy (I mean “pretend”) theory? You never answered my questions. I asked multiple times why we are wearing masks if, as you implied, it’s not to save lives but you purposely ignored those questions.

Let me guess, your stupid point is something like this:

isuckacat said:
Oh I just think there’s a lot of hypocrisy around mask wearing.

O Really? Mr.-I-work-in-the-medical-field-and-support-the-science-but-the-reasoning-is-flawed.

:clap: :lol:

garizzalies said:
ilovethecats said:

Ok; you asked for it. I was going to drop it but you nutbags don’t know when to quit (concede). And even after such a bad week.

Twice, PR proved you were wrong (and in your last two posts you seem to acknowledge that). I proved you’re an idiot. What did you prove? Seriously, what was the point of your conspiracy (I mean “pretend”) theory? You never answered my questions. I asked multiple times why we are wearing masks if, as you implied, it’s not to save lives but you purposely ignored those questions.

isuckacat said:
Oh I just think there’s a lot of hypocrisy around mask wearing.

O Really? Mr.-I-work-in-the-medical-field-and-support-the-science-but-the-reasoning-is-flawed.

Literally have no idea what you are trying to say here. Are you saying you work in the medical field but the science is flawed? :?

I was wrong about what? I asked about the death rate. PR said early indicators are that more people died this year than the previous years. So I asked what that did to the death RATES from year to year. If you have this info I'd love to see it. I can't seem to find any credible source.

It should be easy if we can track down the numbers. 2020 death RATE. 2019 death RATE. 2018 death RATE. 2017 death RATE. 2016 death RATE. I think these numbers (RATES) would give a clear picture on just how much more terrible 2020 was than previous years. I just can't find the data. If that makes me stupid, so be it. And you're clearly very smart, especially in this matter, so I assume you have this information.

Thanks in advance!

ilovethecats said:
garizzalies said:

Literally have no idea what you are trying to say here. Are you saying you work in the medical field but the science is flawed? :?

I was wrong about what? I asked about the death rate. PR said early indicators are that more people died this year than the previous years. So I asked what that did to the death RATES from year to year. If you have this info I'd love to see it. I can't seem to find any credible source.

It should be easy if we can track down the numbers. 2020 death RATE. 2019 death RATE. 2018 death RATE. 2017 death RATE. 2016 death RATE. I think these numbers (RATES) would give a clear picture on just how much more terrible 2020 was than previous years. I just can't find the data. If that makes me stupid, so be it. And you're clearly very smart, especially in this matter, so I assume you have this information.

Thanks in advance!
Yeah I’ll get right on that—let me do the research for you to support your crazy conspiracy theories. :roll:

Jeebus, man. Even Cuervo has pumped the breaks this week, but not you.

And meanwhile you keep dodging my questions. Why is that?

What’s the point of your mask rant? What are you trying to prove? You can’t even explain that.

You were “wondering why masks are so important [because] it's not really about just saving lives.” And I asked you to explain what you meant. What do you think it’s really about? But you keep skipping that. Wonder why?

Back