• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Maine at EWU (Noon, ESPN2)

Surely somewhere in the CAA there must be some good receivers. Some of the Maine defenders can't cover worth s**t. I suppose their philosophy is so heavily designed to stop the run, they just can't sustain a defense against the pass.

As Ursa noted, Down 30, it might be time to begin the process of mulling over whether to have the conversation to decide if it's worth it to start worrying about the score.

CDAGRIZ said:
As Ursa noted, Down 30, it might be time to begin the process of mulling over whether to have the conversation to decide if it's worth it to start worrying about the score.
Ah ... "No worries, Mate!" ... we got this. :lol:

I have never seen a giant banner—the only banner in sight—in a stadium with a phone and text number to report fan misbehavior.

#ewu

Ursa Major said:
I have never seen a giant banner—the only banner in sight—in a stadium with a phone and text number to report fan misbehavior.

#ewu
Meth does strange things to the brain.

IdaGriz01 said:
Ursa Major said:

#ewu
Meth does strange things to the brain.

Yeah, when the majority of your fans are complete scumbags, you have to address it. Good on EWU for recognizing it.

Eric_Shun said:
That was a nice 47 yard TD run for Maine
True. Now they just need three more (and a 2-pt after) ... while holding EWU to zip. BTW, the Eags are now officially kicking butt, by more than doubling up the number of rushing yards the Bears normally give up. And the passing yards are just crazy.

Still, Maine certainly looks better in this half. I just think they dug themselves too big a hole.

It’s started. Two unnecessary penalties helping this drive....EWU meltdown begins.

I predict 38-35 Maine by the time this whole thing is done.

IdaGriz01 said:
Eric_Shun said:
That was a nice 47 yard TD run for Maine
True. Now they just need three more (and a 2-pt after) ... while holding EWU to zip. BTW, the Eags are now officially kicking butt, by more than doubling up the number of rushing yards the Bears normally give up. And the passing yards are just crazy.

Still, Maine certainly looks better in this half. I just think they dug themselves too big a hole.

You make good points. Maine only down by 16 now toward the end of the 3rd - 4th quarter is going to be interesting

It looks to me like the EWU TD they just scored with the 2 point conversion has broken the camels back. 43-19 EWU

Eric_Shun said:
It looks to me like the EWU TD they just scored with the 2 point conversion has broken the camels back. 43-19 EWU

EWU scoring too fast. Their D is getting gassed. This is far from over.

AZGrizFan said:
Eric_Shun said:

For sure. We will see if they are able to play four quarters. I was able to learn it is now the fourth quarter because many of the EWU players and fans were holding four fingers in the air as a reminder.

Should be interesting, Eastern has owned the 4th qtr 110-10 the last four games against the comeback team, Maine.

AZGrizFan said:
Eric_Shun said:
True fact, it looks like.

But, basically, Maine has no D in this game. In three quarters, they've given up over 500 yards, almost 190 of that on the ground. So Maine may continue to score, but can they get any stops?

Edit: And Maine cannot afford any turnovers.

Back