• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

kittens might have found their qb

reinell30 said:
cclarkblues said:
reinell30 said:
I was at this game between the Cats and NAU. Cats used Four people at QB. I noticed Troy Anderson is hanging his right arm, shoulder not healed yet. Johnsen is a big kid. The type of offense the Cats run, QB by committee seems to work for them.
I talked to Robin Pflugrad for a brief moment. Welcomed him home to Montana. Wish he was with Bobby now, oh well.
Cat stadium, well what can I say....
The announcer is the most boring person I have ever listened too.
No music or loudness between plays.
Only stayed in stadium 1st qtr and 1/2 2nd qtr.

God love you for venturing into the belly of the beast. If you require therapy I will chip in a few bucks.

A very good friend of mine was the Defensive coordinator for the Bobcats when they won the NC in 1984. The cats had a 35 year celebration for that team and JG asked me if I would come to the game. I went in his honor.
I tailgated at the main entrance to the stadium in the handicap parking spot. Dressed in all Griz apparel, I met some interesting people. Never had an issue with anyone.

Were you the one that told me not to spoil the griz score because you were taping it to watch later? That had to have been you...

SACCAT66 said:
reinell30 said:
cclarkblues said:
reinell30 said:
I was at this game between the Cats and NAU. Cats used Four people at QB. I noticed Troy Anderson is hanging his right arm, shoulder not healed yet. Johnsen is a big kid. The type of offense the Cats run, QB by committee seems to work for them.
I talked to Robin Pflugrad for a brief moment. Welcomed him home to Montana. Wish he was with Bobby now, oh well.

God love you for venturing into the belly of the beast. If you require therapy I will chip in a few bucks.

A very good friend of mine was the Defensive coordinator for the Bobcats when they won the NC in 1984. The cats had a 35 year celebration for that team and JG asked me if I would come to the game. I went in his honor.
I tailgated at the main entrance to the stadium in the handicap parking spot. Dressed in all Griz apparel, I met some interesting people. Never had an issue with anyone.

Were you the one that told me not to spoil the griz score because you were taping it to watch later? That had to have been you...

Yes, sir that was me! Did you have a shot with me or were you one who wouldn't partake?

reinell30 said:
cclarkblues said:
reinell30 said:

.....I met some interesting people. Never had an issue with anyone.

20 years ago, I spent a lot of time in Bozeman in my maroon colored car with University of Montana on the side of it. I never had an issue either, nor any rude comments either. Maybe my look intimidated them ... lol

reinell30 said:
cclarkblues said:
reinell30 said:

Glad to hear it, good work on the Griz apparel, and thanks for telling us. There are cretins out there in every fan base. Glad you enjoyed the experience.

reinell30 said:
SACCAT66 said:
reinell30 said:
cclarkblues said:

Yes, sir that was me! Did you have a shot with me or were you one who wouldn't partake?

Guess I am in the third Category... I wasn't offered one.

AZGrizFan said:
Based on the game I watched yesterday, ‘Scats STILL haven’t found a QB. No less than four different folks took snaps yesterday.

I believe 6 took snaps the week prior. What do you think opposing D coordinators think of the Cats O when they're watching film and see so many qb's? It appears (to me) that if you stuff the run, you stop the Cats.....

wbtfg said:
Bear Spray said:
It appears (to me) that if you stuff the run, you stop the Cats.....

That has been the case the past 3 1/2 years. It ain't rocket surgery....

Last season and so far this season, teams have not been able to stop the Cat run game. If the passing game develops over he season, it will make it tougher to stop the run. The Cats OL is pretty dominant.

wbtfg said:
Bear Spray said:

Agreed, they've been running over most teams for 3 1/2 years. So.....why can't those teams stop the run? If the Cats can run on all but the very best defenses (NDSU, Weber), with a team that everyone on Egriz knows is bad, with a coach that they all know is overrated, with no passing game, how are they doing it? It's not rocket surgery after all.......

wbtfg said:
Bear Spray said:

It’s a new version of the triple option offense. Rovig, Jonsen, or Andersen.

Well, it's not smoke and mirrors. You've done well with very solid oline play and yes, more or less a triple option attack. This can be hard to defend. Look at cal poly over the years. I do agree this will not get you deep into the playoffs, however.

mtgriz said:
wbtfg said:
Bear Spray said:

It’s a new version of the triple option offense. Rovig, Jonsen, or Andersen.

It’s the Human Centipede. Let’s call it by its name.

UMAlum said:
Well, it's not smoke and mirrors. You've done well with very solid oline play and yes, more or less a triple option attack. This can be hard to defend. Look at cal poly over the years. I do agree this will not get you deep into the playoffs, however.

It's not smoke and mirrors, although they do try to make you guess who's getting the ball. I see the Cats as a top 20 team at worst, but no higher than 9 or 10 at best. In need of an accurate, dependable passer. I'm not comparing this team to Sam Houston of a few years ago, that was a good team. But they do run effectively like SHS did. The SHS qb could throw the ball when needed....and they got to the chipper as a team that ran for the vast majority of their plays. As I recall, they beat MSU and UM in the same year doing it and lost to NDSU.

MSU can be an effective one dimensional break your will running and go places if they can get the qb to complete short passes when needed, and break off a long one occasionally. That's it. 8 pages of this? Let's move on....

The “team” of QBs went 12/25 for just over 100, and 1/1 with a pic-six. That is almost up to the Bobcat Gold Standard for passing.
But it may get even harder to meet that astronomical goal going forward as 50% of that yardage came on one play by their best WR and he apparently got hurt on the play. Must be serious; my neighbor had a tear in his eye talking about how they’re not overrated, they’re just “over-injured.”

bigsky33 said:
Grizbeer said:
So Jonsen was this weeks backup who was better than the starter. Who is next week's backup that is better than the startup? Not the linebacker, he is the MSU QB emeritus. Mods can we get this pinned?

What does it matter. They keep winning and putting up points.
I keep hearing this from you nutballs—that it doesn’t “matter” who plays the QB spot.
I also keep hearing that Choach has been talking about year 4 from the beginning. Really? This is the vision? Human Centipede?
When do you nutballs start to question his ability to recruit a real QB? Year 6? 8?
I love you guys and just want the best for you. Seriously, many of you are my family and neighbors (notice I did not say ‘friends’).
If you’re going to continue to accept The Plan, maybe you can ask choach to at least recruit option QBs, from actual option HS’s. If they had one of those right now, they might be a nice team.

garizzalies said:
The “team” of QBs went 12/25 for just over 100, and 1/1 with a pic-six. That is almost up to the Bobcat Gold Standard for passing.
But it may get even harder to meet that astronomical goal going forward as 50% of that yardage came on one play by their best WR and he apparently got hurt on the play. Must be serious; my neighbor had a tear in his eye talking about how they’re not overrated, they’re just “over-injured.”

It's not a team of QBs, it's a squad.

Bear Spray said:
garizzalies said:

It's not a team of QBs, it's a squad.

You know, it's possible to identify as a power-run, tough defense team and still have an above average or even good QB. The Bison had a couple who are in the NFL now.

The Bobcats are still ranked #12 with no great wins, but no bad losses. If they can hold it together for a few more weeks, they could get into the playoffs.

Lots of bluster over here. 2018 grizz also started 4-1 btw. Lack of depth and having most of the schemes on film changed the season. This next game, interestingly enough, is where you can establish this year's identity as a top tier team. Remember after starting 4-1, last year's team dropped a game to hapless PSU on homecoming. Do I think that will happen again? No. Do I believe the fuzz are better this year and probably a top tier FCS program? Yes. But you'll need to prove it this weekend. Don't shit the bed like last year.

And the Bobcats? For better of worse, their identity is already established. Without a great QB, this team will never be elite. Fine. But this is a very good football team capable of beating just about anyone because they play extremely physical and win in the trenches. If you listen to Choate's presser today you will hear something truly astounding. After the D held to start the second half, and then held again after the muffed punt return, Choate said the following: "yes we were down 31-14 but we had them in checkmate. We knew we had the game won." That's the Cat's identity. We'll see how far it takes them this year. Time will tell.

ABQCat said:
Lots of bluster over here. 2018 grizz also started 4-1 btw. Lack of depth and having most of the schemes on film changed the season. This next game, interestingly enough, is where you can establish this year's identity as a top tier team. Remember after starting 4-1, last year's team dropped a game to hapless PSU on homecoming. Do I think that will happen again? No. Do I believe the fuzz are better this year and probably a top tier FCS program? Yes. But you'll need to prove it this weekend. Don't shit the bed like last year.

And the Bobcats? For better of worse, their identity is already established. Without a great QB, this team will never be elite. Fine. But this is a very good football team capable of beating just about anyone because they play extremely physical and win in the trenches. If you listen to Choate's presser today you will hear something truly astounding. After the D held to start the second half, and then held again after the muffed punt return, Choate said the following: "yes we were down 31-14 but we had them in checkmate. We knew we had the game won." That's the Cat's identity. We'll see how far it takes them this year. Time will tell.

One word comes to mind: Gutty. Gutty lil’ Bobcats. Can’t ever count ‘em in, but can’t count ‘em out.

Back