• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

kittens might have found their qb

ABQCat said:
If you listen to Choate's presser today you will hear something truly astounding. After the D held to start the second half, and then held again after the muffed punt return, Choate said the following: "yes we were down 31-14 but we had them in checkmate. We knew we had the game won." That's the Cat's identity. We'll see how far it takes them this year. Time will tell.
It was all part of Choate’s plan :lol:

Jaredkuehn said:
ABQCat said:
If you listen to Choate's presser today you will hear something truly astounding. After the D held to start the second half, and then held again after the muffed punt return, Choate said the following: "yes we were down 31-14 but we had them in checkmate. We knew we had the game won." That's the Cat's identity. We'll see how far it takes them this year. Time will tell.
It was all part of Choate’s plan :lol:

That's a bold move Cotton... We'll see how it plays out for him....

CDAGRIZ said:
ABQCat said:
Lots of bluster over here. 2018 grizz also started 4-1 btw. Lack of depth and having most of the schemes on film changed the season. This next game, interestingly enough, is where you can establish this year's identity as a top tier team. Remember after starting 4-1, last year's team dropped a game to hapless PSU on homecoming. Do I think that will happen again? No. Do I believe the fuzz are better this year and probably a top tier FCS program? Yes. But you'll need to prove it this weekend. Don't shit the bed like last year.

And the Bobcats? For better of worse, their identity is already established. Without a great QB, this team will never be elite. Fine. But this is a very good football team capable of beating just about anyone because they play extremely physical and win in the trenches. If you listen to Choate's presser today you will hear something truly astounding. After the D held to start the second half, and then held again after the muffed punt return, Choate said the following: "yes we were down 31-14 but we had them in checkmate. We knew we had the game won." That's the Cat's identity. We'll see how far it takes them this year. Time will tell.

One word comes to mind: Gutty. Gutty lil’ Bobcats. Can’t ever count ‘em in, but can’t count ‘em out.

Gutty 'lil Bobcats? CDA, you sir are a troll at best. North Dakota State came to Bozeman in 2010 for a playoff game. Brock Jensen went 2 /6. Jake Mohler went 3/11. Combined NDSU QB squad was 5/17 for 56 yards. You'd probably say their passing game was laughable. The game was tied 7/7 at half, and 14/10 NDSU starting the 4th. Final score was 42/17 NDSU. They ran for 376 yards on 46 carries and wore the Cats down to dirt. They lost in OT in Eastern Washington the next weekend on a questionable fumble at the one yard line. Remember that team? Brock Jensen won 3 chippers after that. Hmmm, I wonder if any of the egriz braintrust mentioned that they'd never be a top tier team without a passing game? NDSU doesn't have a passing game that teams fear. They have a serviceable passing game that gouges you when you have to press to stop the run. Run first. Run second, pass when the odds are in your favor, but then run again and again. And again. Thundering Herd. We're all chasing them. It should be easy with that passing game.....

ABQCat said:
And the Bobcats? For better of worse, their identity is already established. Without a great QB, this team will never be elite. Fine. But this is a very good football team capable of beating just about anyone because they play extremely physical and win in the trenches. If you listen to Choate's presser today you will hear something truly astounding. After the D held to start the second half, and then held again after the muffed punt return, Choate said the following: "yes we were down 31-14 but we had them in checkmate. We knew we had the game won." That's the Cat's identity. We'll see how far it takes them this year. Time will tell.

So are you saying the Cats haven't found their QB yet? Or are you saying they found him and they didn't want him anyway? Cause the point of this thread is Cats might have found their QB, but it appears they get a new one every week. So, I mean, did they find one, or is the thinking they don't need one?

Bear Spray said:
CDAGRIZ said:
ABQCat said:
Lots of bluster over here. 2018 grizz also started 4-1 btw. Lack of depth and having most of the schemes on film changed the season. This next game, interestingly enough, is where you can establish this year's identity as a top tier team. Remember after starting 4-1, last year's team dropped a game to hapless PSU on homecoming. Do I think that will happen again? No. Do I believe the fuzz are better this year and probably a top tier FCS program? Yes. But you'll need to prove it this weekend. Don't shit the bed like last year.

One word comes to mind: Gutty. Gutty lil’ Bobcats. Can’t ever count ‘em in, but can’t count ‘em out.

Gutty 'lil Bobcats? CDA, you sir are a troll at best. North Dakota State came to Bozeman in 2010 for a playoff game. Brock Jensen went 2 /6. Jake Mohler went 3/11. Combined NDSU QB squad was 5/17 for 56 yards. You'd probably say their passing game was laughable. The game was tied 7/7 at half, and 14/10 NDSU starting the 4th. Final score was 42/17 NDSU. They ran for 376 yards on 46 carries and wore the Cats down to dirt. They lost in OT in Eastern Washington the next weekend on a questionable fumble at the one yard line. Remember that team? Brock Jensen won 3 chippers after that. Hmmm, I wonder if any of the egriz braintrust mentioned that they'd never be a top tier team without a passing game? NDSU doesn't have a passing game that teams fear. They have a serviceable passing game that gouges you when you have to press to stop the run. Run first. Run second, pass when the odds are in your favor, but then run again and again. And again. Thundering Herd. We're all chasing them. It should be easy with that passing game.....

I guess you missed the part where the Griz rushed for 62 more yards against Davis than NDSU? It's okay, we're here to help.

Htowngriz said:
Bear Spray said:
CDAGRIZ said:
ABQCat said:

I guess you missed the part where the Griz rushed for 62 more yards against Davis than NDSU? It's okay, we're here to help.

No, I noticed, and obviously you haven't read my posts. I've been saying for a few weeks now that the griz haven't shown a running game yet - until last weekend. Great balanced attack against Davis for sure. You see, I can give credit where it's due, and really don't need your help seeing the obvious, but hey, thanks for the clue there captain obvious.

Bear Spray said:
Htowngriz said:
Bear Spray said:
CDAGRIZ said:

No, I noticed, and obviously you haven't read my posts. I've been saying for a few weeks now that the griz haven't shown a running game yet - until last weekend. Great balanced attack against Davis for sure. You see, I can give credit where it's due, and really don't need your help seeing the obvious, but hey, thanks for the clue there captain obvious.
The "should be easy with that passing game" comment came across as a bit sarcastic. That's what I was addressing.

Bear Spray said:
CDAGRIZ said:
ABQCat said:

Gutty post.

C.A.T.roll #1 said:
Sam Houston of a few years ago, that was a good team....and they got to the chipper as a team that ran for the vast majority of their plays.

C.A.T.roll #2 said:
North Dakota State came to Bozeman in 2010 for a playoff game...They ran for 376 yards on 46 carries... Remember that team? Brock Jensen won 3 chippers after that. Hmmm

Is anyone buying this shit?
That the 2019 Flagship of Bozeman Fighting Boobcats are like the championship teams of 2010 UNDSU or 2011 SHS?

garizzalies said:
C.A.T.roll #1 said:
Sam Houston of a few years ago, that was a good team....and they got to the chipper as a team that ran for the vast majority of their plays.

C.A.T.roll #2 said:
North Dakota State came to Bozeman in 2010 for a playoff game...They ran for 376 yards on 46 carries... Remember that team? Brock Jensen won 3 chippers after that. Hmmm

That the 2019 Flagship of Bozeman Fighting Boobcats are like the championship teams of 2010 UNDSU or 2011 SHS?

SHSU didn’t win it in 2011.

Hey if they think they can go deep in the playoffs with the QB play they are getting, good for them and good luck. It's going to get a little tougher than the stiffs that the Cats were fortunate enough to find on their schedule outside of TT, Davis and UM, at some point completing 50% or less for 0 TD's is not going to get it done.

I also find the "NDSU doesn't have to pass much" analogy amusing, the difference is Jensen, Wentz, and Stick were all field generals who could make plays when needed (thus the NFL rosters), their guys are all below average who throw up 50/50 balls constantly.

If one of them doesn't get considerably better they will not win more than a home playoff game even if seeded, it's that simple.

garizzalies said:
C.A.T.roll #1 said:

C.A.T.roll #2 said:

This is the only image that comes to my mind when people talk about the MSU Flagship.

dampier%20septic%20man%20in%20boat%204-20-17-288x288.jpg

Htowngriz said:
Bear Spray said:
Htowngriz said:
Bear Spray said:

The "should be easy with that passing game" comment came across as a bit sarcastic. That's what I was addressing.

For once in my life I wasn't using sarcasm. It should be easy with that passing game - 2010 - as they couldn't hit a barn with a tractor that day. It should have been easy to just stop the running game, but the Cats could not. NDSU went on to, well, where they are today. NDSU has been kicking the rest of the FCS around for years with a running attack and great D. Yes, they've had nfl QB's - but they don't rely on a passing game, they rely on a gassing game with ball control. If Rovig/Bauman/Jonson/Anderson/QB du jour can hit half of his passes or better and move the sticks occasionally, I believe the Cats can make noise this year. It should be easy for BSC teams to stop the one dimensional Cats, but so far over the last 3 years few have.

garizzalies said:
C.A.T.roll #1 said:

C.A.T.roll #2 said:

I didn't say they even belonged on the same field in 2010. On this site, yesterday, I said that I think the 2019 Cats are somewhere between 20 and 10 for ranking - ie, currently over rated. So don't twist my words & call in the troups dbag. Go back and read the posts when you sober up.

Bear Spray said:
Htowngriz said:
Bear Spray said:
Htowngriz said:

For once in my life I wasn't using sarcasm. It should be easy with that passing game - 2010 - as they couldn't hit a barn with a tractor that day. It should have been easy to just stop the running game, but the Cats could not. NDSU went on to, well, where they are today. NDSU has been kicking the rest of the FCS around for years with a running attack and great D. Yes, they've had nfl QB's - but they don't rely on a passing game, they rely on a gassing game with ball control. If Rovig/Bauman/Jonson/Anderson/QB du jour can hit half of his passes or better and move the sticks occasionally, I believe the Cats can make noise this year. It should be easy for BSC teams to stop the one dimensional Cats, but so far over the last 3 years few have.
...To the tune of one winning season in the last three. :lol:

Bear Spray said:
NDSU has been kicking the rest of the FCS around for years with a running attack and great D. Yes, they've had nfl QB's - but they don't rely on a passing game
:clap:
Please keep it coming; I would like to hear more boobcat comparisons, like UNDSU and SHS. Maybe Alabama? They like to run the ball just like the boobcats, too!

You guys are just one NFL QB away from being good! :lol:

garizzalies said:
Bear Spray said:
NDSU has been kicking the rest of the FCS around for years with a running attack and great D. Yes, they've had nfl QB's - but they don't rely on a passing game
Please keep it coming; I would like to hear more boobcat comparisons, like UNDSU and SHS. Maybe Alabama? They like to run the ball just like the boobcats, too!

I would say the Cats are pretty good so far this year without an NFL QB. Their offense is putting up some big numbers overall. :clap:

jodcon said:
Hey if they think they can go deep in the playoffs with the QB play they are getting, good for them and good luck. It's going to get a little tougher than the stiffs that the Cats were fortunate enough to find on their schedule outside of TT, Davis and UM, at some point completing 50% or less for 0 TD's is not going to get it done.

I also find the "NDSU doesn't have to pass much" analogy amusing, the difference is Jensen, Wentz, and Stick were all field generals who could make plays when needed (thus the NFL rosters), their guys are all below average who throw up 50/50 balls constantly.

If one of them doesn't get considerably better they will not win more than a home playoff game even if seeded, it's that simple.

I wish we had a QB who would throw some 50/50 balls. They are generally so off target that 50/50 would be an upgrade.

bigsky33 said:
garizzalies said:
Bear Spray said:

I would say the Cats are pretty good so far this year without an NFL QB. Their offense is putting up some big numbers overall. :clap:

Game on troll.

Back