• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Just threw up in my mouth-Jensen

ilovethecats said:
1972 said:
PlayerRep said:
Will he even start next year?

Very good question!! I'm not 100% sure he would. If one understands what choate is trying to do, not sure Jensen fits the mold. Great kid, wish him the best. No doubt he can throw the ball very well. Personally I would prefer he was/is the quarterback for the cats, vs Anderson. Anderson is a STUD, don't know if everyone understands how much better he makes that team.
GJ aside, as I have no clue what he’s gonna do, I don’t think people truly understand what Choate wants to do at qb. It’s not like he insists on having a guy throw 4 times and insists on running it 60 times. That’s been by necessity rather than desire.

We’ll be a smash mouth running football team as long as Choate is here. But he’s certainly looking for balance. He wants to throw the ball. We’ll run first and pass 2nd but what we’ve HAD to do the last few seasons isn’t exactly what WANTS to do....
Just have to suspect that pass 2nd isn't exactly what GJ WANTS to do....

kemajic said:
ilovethecats said:
1972 said:
PlayerRep said:

Very good question!! I'm not 100% sure he would. If one understands what choate is trying to do, not sure Jensen fits the mold. Great kid, wish him the best. No doubt he can throw the ball very well. Personally I would prefer he was/is the quarterback for the cats, vs Anderson. Anderson is a STUD, don't know if everyone understands how much better he makes that team.
GJ aside, as I have no clue what he’s gonna do, I don’t think people truly understand what Choate wants to do at qb. It’s not like he insists on having a guy throw 4 times and insists on running it 60 times. That’s been by necessity rather than desire.

We’ll be a smash mouth running football team as long as Choate is here. But he’s certainly looking for balance. He wants to throw the ball. We’ll run first and pass 2nd but what we’ve HAD to do the last few seasons isn’t exactly what WANTS to do....

I guess it just depends. His current offense is pretty balanced and he’s had good numbers and they’ve ran more than they’ve passed.

Everyone knows a great running game is just what a great passing game needs. Maybe he’d be happy throwing 25-30 times a game if we’re running 30+ times a game and he’s putting up solid numbers and winning? No idea.

My point was everyone talks about the offense Choate “wants” to run because he’s stated he wants to be a physical running team. But I’ve heard straight from his mouth he wants a balanced offense with a passing threat. As great as I though Murray was with his feet and as amazing as Troy Andersen has been....they didn’t provide the passing threat that we need to be successful and the threat Choate wants for our offense.

ilovethecats said:
kemajic said:
ilovethecats said:
1972 said:

I guess it just depends. His current offense is pretty balanced and he’s had good numbers and they’ve ran more than they’ve passed.

Everyone knows a great running game is just what a great passing game needs. Maybe he’d be happy throwing 25-30 times a game if we’re running 30+ times a game and he’s putting up solid numbers and winning? No idea.

My point was everyone talks about the offense Choate “wants” to run because he’s stated he wants to be a physical running team. But I’ve heard straight from his mouth he wants a balanced offense with a passing threat. As great as I though Murray was with his feet and as amazing as Troy Andersen has been....they didn’t provide the passing threat that we need to be successful and the threat Choate wants for our offense.

A Choate-want offense on a Choate-led team might be pretty formidable.

Edit.

CDAGRIZ said:
ilovethecats said:
kemajic said:
ilovethecats said:

I hope so!

ilovethecats said:
CDAGRIZ said:
ilovethecats said:
kemajic said:

I hope so!

I should note that Choach's desire for a balanced offense with a great running attack and a good passing attack might just change the game forever. Why give up the secret? I wouldn't be so loose with talking about these plans if I were him. I also wouldn't eat cardboard as much if I were him.

kemajic said:
ilovethecats said:
1972 said:
PlayerRep said:

According to bobcat nation he reached out to them, sounds like he is pretty interested in playing there!

catsack said:
kemajic said:
ilovethecats said:
1972 said:

According to bobcat nation he reached out to them, sounds like he is pretty interested in playing there!

Yup, that's a very interesting turn of events if true. Originally, I was told he really wanted to go to Eastern or Weber, but neither has offered. Obviously EWU is pretty set with Barriere, but man, Constantine struggles so much at times, it's crazy Weber isn't even looking at Gresch at this point.

My gut tells me he goes to MSU at this point, though Ferriter will make a hard pitch, it will be interesting to see what happens with the Texas State thing. I also heard today that he has communicated with coaches for several MWC schools, so, I don't think the recruiting battle for him is over just yet.

If he does go to MSU, I gotta agree with a lot of the above posters about last year. He was absolutely shredded on the Collge Football Forum on BN before and after the Cat-Griz game lol. Threads before the game mentioned bad mechanics, never played a good defense, and any success he had up to that point was a product of Stitt's offense. After the game "he choked in the fourth quarter" was the main topic about him. Funny how fast things change!

George Ferguson said:
catsack said:
kemajic said:
ilovethecats said:

Yup, that's a very interesting turn of events if true. Originally, I was told he really wanted to go to Eastern or Weber, but neither has offered. Obviously EWU is pretty set with Barriere, but man, Constantine struggles so much at times, it's crazy Weber isn't even looking at Gresch at this point.

My gut tells me he goes to MSU at this point, though Ferriter will make a hard pitch, it will be interesting to see what happens with the Texas State thing. I also heard today that he has communicated with coaches for several MWC schools, so, I don't think the recruiting battle for him is over just yet.

If he does go to MSU, I gotta agree with a lot of the above posters about last year. He was absolutely shredded on the Collge Football Forum on BN before and after the Cat-Griz game lol. Threads before the game mentioned bad mechanics, never played a good defense, and any success he had up to that point was a product of Stitt's offense. After the game "he choked in the fourth quarter" was the main topic about him. Funny how fast things change!

GF, you have to realize what Choach is building over there. He wants a smash mouth (all-star), tough-nosed running attack with an elite passing attack with possession plays and deep threats. He is the first to want this. I think if he wants it hard enough, the rest of the conference will be in trouble. That is, if he gets his hard-nosed, hard hitting defense that plays the run well and covers the pass well, too. I'm told he might want a great DL with some awesome pass rushers, but also some LBs that can really cover sideline to sideline, and a shutdown secondary. It's just what Choach wants.

George Ferguson said:
catsack said:
kemajic said:
ilovethecats said:

Got to agree. Who would want him? Ha.

CDAGRIZ said:
George Ferguson said:
catsack said:
kemajic said:

GF, you have to realize what Choach is building over there. He wants a smash mouth (all-star), tough-nosed running attack with an elite passing attack with possession plays and deep threats. He is the first to want this. I think if he wants it hard enough, the rest of the conference will be in trouble. That is, if he gets his hard-nosed, hard hitting defense that plays the run well and covers the pass well, too. I'm told he might want a great DL with some awesome pass rushers, but also some LBs that can really cover sideline to sideline, and a shutdown secondary. It's just what Choach wants.
I don’t know why more teams don’t follow his lead on this? :wtf:

catsack said:
kemajic said:
ilovethecats said:
1972 said:

I just wonder if he reached out when Armstrong was still the OC there, who has had some big success with the passing game in NAIA level. Or if it was after

Bearcountry92 said:
catsack said:
kemajic said:
ilovethecats said:

I just wonder if he reached out when Armstrong was still the OC there, who has had some big success with the passing game in NAIA level. Or if it was after
Reached out before the change but visited once after the change. Who knows.

CDAGRIZ said:
George Ferguson said:
catsack said:
kemajic said:

He also wants great special teams. A returner who is a threat every time he touches the ball. A punter who can boom 50 yarders at will and pin our opponents inside the five when necessary. As for place kicking, forgetaboutit!!! He wants a PK who is automatic inside 55 yards and booms them out of the end zone. It's just want Choate wants.

PlayerRep said:
How does information like this leak out? This is worse than the Trump White House.

Well he took a couple visits and tweeted it. Met some fans around the stadium is how I knew. Didn’t seem like much of an effort to hide anything.

CDAGRIZ said:
George Ferguson said:
catsack said:
kemajic said:

I've figured it out, in real life CDA is really Sarah Palin!

ilovethecats said:
PlayerRep said:
How does information like this leak out? This is worse than the Trump White House.

Well he took a couple visits and tweeted it. Met some fans around the stadium is how I knew. Didn’t seem like much of an effort to hide anything.

I was meaning how does all of the Choate philosophy on success leak out.

PlayerRep said:
ilovethecats said:
PlayerRep said:

Gotcha!

That I can’t speak to. But I know it’s brilliant and programs would be wise to follow his lead.

ilovethecats said:
PlayerRep said:
ilovethecats said:
PlayerRep said:

Gotcha!

That I can’t speak to. But I know it’s brilliant and programs would be wise to follow his lead.

This has the potential to be bigger than the fly sweep.

CDAGRIZ said:
George Ferguson said:
catsack said:
kemajic said:

Soooo NDSU then?

Back