• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Just threw up in my mouth-Jensen

CDAGRIZ said:
GF, you have to realize what Choach is building over there. He wants a smash mouth (all-star), tough-nosed running attack with an elite passing attack with possession plays and deep threats. He is the first to want this. I think if he wants it hard enough, the rest of the conference will be in trouble. That is, if he gets his hard-nosed, hard hitting defense that plays the run well and covers the pass well, too. I'm told he might want a great DL with some awesome pass rushers, but also some LBs that can really cover sideline to sideline, and a shutdown secondary. It's just what Choach wants.

He's a real innovator. :clap: :clap:

kemajic said:
signedbewildered said:
ORGUNGRIZ said:
So will Anderson then just move to RB and or LB. I would believe that Anderson feels he has earned the job to lead the team in the same position next season. Why would GJ want to go there and have to compete for the job? Honest question?
GJ appeared to be not willing to compete for the job at UM.

It seems that GJ would be looking for a spot to land where he is handed the starting job and or has little competition.

Maybe Anderson would decide to transfer if he lost his QB job. I would certainly welcome him on the Griz! Tuff Montana kid!
Troy doesn't need to be QB to be a happy and willing contributor to Bozeman state.
Troy would be best served to take a RS year off and transfer to a PAC12 team to best showcase his LB skills that can get him to the NFL.

100% agree! He would certainly improve his draft stock on that side of the ball and certainly at a big school.

Troy Anderson is an engineering student and will not leave MSU, G. Jensen will be a QB, Anderson and Isaiah Ifanse will be the two headed running backs and challenge all others for the BSC. Gear up Bobby. There is your life...

bobcatOninetails said:
CDAGRIZ said:
George Ferguson said:
catsack said:
According to bobcat nation he reached out to them, sounds like he is pretty interested in playing there!

Yup, that's a very interesting turn of events if true. Originally, I was told he really wanted to go to Eastern or Weber, but neither has offered. Obviously EWU is pretty set with Barriere, but man, Constantine struggles so much at times, it's crazy Weber isn't even looking at Gresch at this point.

My gut tells me he goes to MSU at this point, though Ferriter will make a hard pitch, it will be interesting to see what happens with the Texas State thing. I also heard today that he has communicated with coaches for several MWC schools, so, I don't think the recruiting battle for him is over just yet.

If he does go to MSU, I gotta agree with a lot of the above posters about last year. He was absolutely shredded on the Collge Football Forum on BN before and after the Cat-Griz game lol. Threads before the game mentioned bad mechanics, never played a good defense, and any success he had up to that point was a product of Stitt's offense. After the game "he choked in the fourth quarter" was the main topic about him. Funny how fast things change!

GF, you have to realize what Choach is building over there. He wants a smash mouth (all-star), tough-nosed running attack with an elite passing attack with possession plays and deep threats. He is the first to want this. I think if he wants it hard enough, the rest of the conference will be in trouble. That is, if he gets his hard-nosed, hard hitting defense that plays the run well and covers the pass well, too. I'm told he might want a great DL with some awesome pass rushers, but also some LBs that can really cover sideline to sideline, and a shutdown secondary. It's just what Choach wants.

He also wants great special teams. A returner who is a threat every time he touches the ball. A punter who can boom 50 yarders at will and pin our opponents inside the five when necessary. As for place kicking, forgetaboutit!!! He wants a PK who is automatic inside 55 yards and booms them out of the end zone. It's just want Choate wants.

That would probably give Chaoch a lot of jouissance.

Andersen won't be the QB next year. It's going to be either a transfer (right now Jensen and Devon Modster UCLA are the two we've heard about showing interest), or a battle between guys currently on the roster - Tucker Rovig, Casey Bauman, and Ruben Beltran, with the latter two both being true freshman this year.

I'd love to see a formation that had Andersen, Ifanse and Chris Murray in the backfield.

I suppose there is always the possibility that Murray comes back and wins the job but I'm going to say there's about a 1% chance of that happening.

nzone said:
With Matt Miller at the helm and GJ playing qb BH will be left shaking his head. They have their entire offensive line back and a couple of good receivers. Not to mention Anderson and that freshman kid at running back. All I can say is I hope like hell Stitt can convince him to go to Texas State.

This!

Ursus1 said:
I wouldn't count ISU out just yet........

Nope, I think that’s a real possibility. He’s connected to the OC, they are a bigger passing threat, and he would slide right in there.

HookedonGriz said:
Ursus1 said:

Nope, I think that’s a real possibility. He’s connected to the OC, they are a bigger passing threat, and he would slide right in there.

Football wise it makes sense. But man, I don’t know if you could give me enough money to live in Pokey. Yuck.

As an aside, I was one of those cat fans that never thought GJ was anything too special. But then I had to watch three seasons of not being able to complete a forward pass. So I’d welcome him with open arms and cheer for him like I do all our guys.

Idaho State plays at Utah, BYU, Montana, Idaho and Weber State on the road and only has four games at home. There is no way Gresch is choosing ISU over MSU. Unless Gresch is Mormon, I would say there is a 0.0% chance he would choose Pocatello over Bozeman.

ilovethecats said:
HookedonGriz said:
Ursus1 said:

Football wise it makes sense. But man, I don’t know if you could give me enough money to live in Pokey. Yuck.

As an aside, I was one of those cat fans that never thought GJ was anything too special. But then I had to watch three seasons of not being able to complete a forward pass. So I’d welcome him with open arms and cheer for him like I do all our guys.

I’d take Pocatello over Bozeman every day of the week, every time. And it’s not even close. And I’m not LDS.

mcg said:
CDAGRIZ said:
George Ferguson said:
catsack said:
According to bobcat nation he reached out to them, sounds like he is pretty interested in playing there!

Yup, that's a very interesting turn of events if true. Originally, I was told he really wanted to go to Eastern or Weber, but neither has offered. Obviously EWU is pretty set with Barriere, but man, Constantine struggles so much at times, it's crazy Weber isn't even looking at Gresch at this point.

My gut tells me he goes to MSU at this point, though Ferriter will make a hard pitch, it will be interesting to see what happens with the Texas State thing. I also heard today that he has communicated with coaches for several MWC schools, so, I don't think the recruiting battle for him is over just yet.

If he does go to MSU, I gotta agree with a lot of the above posters about last year. He was absolutely shredded on the Collge Football Forum on BN before and after the Cat-Griz game lol. Threads before the game mentioned bad mechanics, never played a good defense, and any success he had up to that point was a product of Stitt's offense. After the game "he choked in the fourth quarter" was the main topic about him. Funny how fast things change!

I've figured it out, in real life CDA is really Sarah Palin!

our very own mama grizzly.

ordigger said:
ilovethecats said:
HookedonGriz said:
Ursus1 said:

I’d take Pocatello over Bozeman every day of the week, every time. And it’s not even close. And I’m not LDS.
That is baffling. But to each their own! :thumb:

ilovethecats said:
ordigger said:
ilovethecats said:
HookedonGriz said:

Agree. Also, I like Bozeman. Think it's a great town. I just don't like Bobcat fans. Ha.

ilovethecats said:
ordigger said:
ilovethecats said:
HookedonGriz said:

Not baffling if you want to own a home, not live with Californians and not live with Bobcat fans.

ranco said:
ilovethecats said:
ordigger said:
ilovethecats said:

Not baffling if you want to own a home, not live with Californians and not live with Bobcat fans.
I own my home and pretty much everyone I know owns their home. Great place to buy a home right now.

I'm sure there are Californians here. And people from many other states as well. We're booming right now. But I don't think to ask people I encounter if they're from california.

How does Missoula go about making sure no one moves there from other states? Seems really hard to monitor.

You got me on the Cat fans. There's a bunch of us here. Guess I just can't picture moving my family around based on what college football fans are in the area. That also seems hard.

Like I said, to each their own. Hell, if all of you want to move to Pokey I say go for it! :thumb:

Back