• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Heard a rumor in Bozeman......

KJB said:
bigsky33 said:
AZGrizFan said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
I would argue that if a kid had nfl talent in the BSC that him playing in that position would also best help the team win lol

Normally I would agree but I've also seen Murray play QB, so...... :lol: :lol:

Are you laughing at what Murray did against the Griz? That was pretty funny.
I predict Chris Murray graduates never losing to the griz.

I imagine there are quite a few on here that will gladly take your money in a wager...

SoldierGriz said:
KJB said:
bigsky33 said:
AZGrizFan said:

I imagine there are quite a few on here that will gladly take your money in a wager...

So, I also guess you are predicting he graduates.

KJB said:
Absolutely........

I remember a few years ago, well quite a few now, a Bobcat poster running to Egriz after the Cats knocked off the Griz in Missoula during Dmac's freshman year. He claimed that the year before, DeNarius had stood up in the Bobcat lockerroom in front of all the seniors and every other member of the team after they had just got absolutely piss-pounded by the Griz in their own stadium, and swore that in his four years he would never lose to the Griz. I never believed DM actually said that. I knew he wasn't that type of guy, especially when he was nothing but a redshirt who hadn't so much as even played a down of college football. Years later, I was able to interview DM, and following the interview, I told him the story that was posted on both Egriz and BN about his declaration as a redshirt. He didn't think it was the least but funny and said not only that it never happened, but he would never have acted like that or opened his mouth like that as a young player towards guys he looked up too.

And guess what DM didn't beat the Griz all four years either. 2-2 as a matter of fact and never beat them at home.

So on that note, I doubt Chris Murray is saying such things either.

CatzWillRise said:
As far as I know, Andersen is going to be a starting LB who is also going to have offensive packages designed for him. But I have zero inside information, outside of what I read or listen to from the coaches, and anything Colter might comment on either on BN or Twitter.

wrong!

KJB said:
bigsky33 said:
AZGrizFan said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
I would argue that if a kid had nfl talent in the BSC that him playing in that position would also best help the team win lol

I will take any amount of money you’re willing to lose on that prediction. Any amount. Just name it.

Let's see... How many High school QB's are on the MSU roster? I lost count at over 12. Even Natee can throw a pass, I'd like it if Andersen and Murray are in the backfield at the same time with whoever is in the backfield at QB. I am a fan of MSU using Murray and Andersen as RB's who occasionally pass long, especially with the speed we bringing in at WR. efense has to commit to run or fear the pass, or vice versa. MSU offense will be strong. Defense will crush. Sorry Griz, you lose.

Montanabob said:
Let's see... How many Hugh school QB's are on the MSU roster? I lost count at over 12. Even Natee can throw a pass, I'd like it if Andersen and Murray are in the backfield at the same time with whoever is in the backfield at QB. I am a fan of MSU using Murray and Andersen as RB's who occasionally pass long, especially with the speed we bringing in at WR. efense has to commit to run or fear the pass, or vice versa. MSU offense will be strong. Defense will crush. Sorry Griz, you lose.

Will this be the year that Choach finally unveils the Human Centipede Backfield (HCB)? We've all heard the tall tales of the hieroglyphics uncovered in that basement on Babcock St. This could be the year of the tripartite QB in Bozeman. The holy triumvirate. I'm not making any predictions just yet, but I think I can speak for every CFB fan when I say I'm interested in what Choach has in choade.

Montanabob said:
Let's see... How many Hugh school QB's are on the MSU roster? I lost count at over 12. Even Natee can throw a pass, I'd like it if Andersen and Murray are in the backfield at the same time with whoever is in the backfield at QB. I am a fan of MSU using Murray and Andersen as RB's who occasionally pass long, especially with the speed we bringing in at WR. efense has to commit to run or fear the pass, or vice versa. MSU offense will be strong. Defense will crush. Sorry Griz, you lose.

This is football. There are numerous variables you forget to take into account. Team chemistry, injuries, schedule, etc. Who really knows how strong the Cants or Griz will be. Nobody, except the coaches have a damn good idea of how things will play out from a personnel and schematic angle. The Griz are once again in rebuild mode. Probably be a couple of years. Until then - you guys can be preseason champs again. I will fill the popcorn bucket and wait for the annual meltdown. Until someone proves to me the Bobcants can finish games - they can't finish.

….according to secret sources...Troy is moving to offensive maybe to reinforce Murray at QB..Ty
finally feels he has the tools on defense to compete so it free up Troy for the move..or maybe theres
something up with Murray..Choate is pretty high on the transfer Meleek Barkley a transfer from
the Razorbacks..Receiver runner type player with lots of speed..WR corps is a concern..the other
thing that was said is Choate is pretty serious about contending this year and spending more time with the coaching part and less time with the booster part...l think he realizes he has to produce this year..
should be interesting how they pan out?

bigsky33 said:
AZGrizFan said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
AZGrizFan said:
Is it the coach's responsibility to play him where he may best succeed in the NFL, or to play him where he best helps the team win games NOW?

If you dont laugh youll cry....cuz it was freaking pathetic.

George Ferguson said:
KJB said:
Absolutely........

I remember a few years ago, well quite a few now, a Bobcat poster running to Egriz after the Cats knocked off the Griz in Missoula during Dmac's freshman year. He claimed that the year before, DeNarius had stood up in the Bobcat lockerroom in front of all the seniors and every other member of the team after they had just got absolutely piss-pounded by the Griz in their own stadium, and swore that in his four years he would never lose to the Griz. I never believed DM actually said that. I knew he wasn't that type of guy, especially when he was nothing but a redshirt who hadn't so much as even played a down of college football. Years later, I was able to interview DM, and following the interview, I told him the story that was posted on both Egriz and BN about his declaration as a redshirt. He didn't think it was the least but funny and said not only that it never happened, but he would never have acted like that or opened his mouth like that as a young player towards guys he looked up too.

And guess what DM didn't beat the Griz all four years either. 2-2 as a matter of fact and never beat them at home.

Great story...My wife had classes with him his senior year, and he said about the same when there marketing teacher asked about media VS. message boards.

George Ferguson said:
KJB said:
Absolutely........

He said it on live TV at the end of the Cat/Griz game last year while he was being interviewed while walking off the field.

Must be fun to talk about the Griz on here....

But seriously, there are so many intriguing positions to discuss on the roster (and QB is not one of them in my opinion).

CatzWillRise said:
I'd be pretty surprised to see Andersen at QB, but like others have said, I wouldn't be surprised either.

We have a POTY category, do we have a bi-polar post of the year sub category? "I'm pretty hungry I think I'll go for lunch, on the other hand, I'm full and couldn't eat another bite." :roll:

BadlandsGrizFan said:
bigsky33 said:
AZGrizFan said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

If you dont laugh youll cry....cuz it was freaking pathetic.

......and yet he is still 2-0 against us? What does that tell you?

AZGrizFan said:
KJB said:
bigsky33 said:
AZGrizFan said:

I will take any amount of money you’re willing to lose on that prediction. Any amount. Just name it.

Maybe you should pay off your other Cat/griz bets first... ;)

bigsky33 said:
go96griz said:
I was told a few weeks ago that while the Missoulian was busy reporting on a player fight here in Missoula that the Bozeman Chronicle was silent about two separate cat fights and another DUI this year. I trust my source, but has anybody else heard this?

If that was true I am sure each incident would have been on the front page of the Chronicle. Rumor season continues!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep heard the same thing while downtown Bozeman last week. Not the DUI but the fights apparently did happen according to Barkeep. The Chronicle only reports what the Wolves and Bison in Yellowstone are up to.

SaskGriz said:
CatzWillRise said:
I'd be pretty surprised to see Andersen at QB, but like others have said, I wouldn't be surprised either.

We have a POTY category, do we have a bi-polar post of the year sub category? "I'm pretty hungry I think I'll go for lunch, on the other hand, I'm full and couldn't eat another bite." :roll:

Ha, I didn't phrase that well for sure. I just mean that I fully expect him to be on defense at a bit at RB, but nothing is surprising anymore with Troy.

SACCAT66 said:
AZGrizFan said:
KJB said:
bigsky33 said:

Maybe you should pay off your other Cat/griz bets first... ;)

:| :| :|

Hey bub....that one's paid. Other than the walking down Higgins one... :oops: :oops:

Back