• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Hauck vs. Choate in the media

tourist said:
Bo Schembechler, Bear Bryant, and Cliff Hysell all lumped together to make some point...

:roll:

...way to pull one out of your ass. Tell us about this appropriate analogy. :lol: :lol:

Thanks.

CDAGRIZ said:
There’s definitely a difference in these two coaches. Dude in Bozeman has sold himself so well to the base that it cannot be ignored. Name me even three other coaches who have secured a contract extension with a losing record and no playoff appearances at the time. That kind of thing can’t be taught. It comes from maximizing the delta between expectations and results, and he’s the best in the biz. Doing so requires a certain “aw shucks” personality with the media.

The other guy is a proven winner at this level who prefers to let the product on the field control the narrative, for better or worse.

The contract extension at the time has proved to be an astute move when you look at the positive progress and direction of the program. He has lived up to the expectations so far and is getting results. At the same time the extension provided stability in the program, which has helped in recruiting. Yes, he is really excellent at selling himself. It is a good attribute. However, for it to work over time, you have to deliver. He is delivering.

bigsky33 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
There’s definitely a difference in these two coaches. Dude in Bozeman has sold himself so well to the base that it cannot be ignored. Name me even three other coaches who have secured a contract extension with a losing record and no playoff appearances at the time. That kind of thing can’t be taught. It comes from maximizing the delta between expectations and results, and he’s the best in the biz. Doing so requires a certain “aw shucks” personality with the media.

The other guy is a proven winner at this level who prefers to let the product on the field control the narrative, for better or worse.

The contract extension at the time has proved to be an astute move when you look at the positive progress and direction of the program. He has lived up to the expectations so far and is getting results. At the same time the extension provided stability in the program, which has helped in recruiting. Yes, he is really excellent at selling himself. It is a good attribute. However, for it to work over time, you have to deliver. He is delivering.

^^^Year 4 of The Plan. Could not write a better fan opinion.

CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_Cristobal

I think there's a really great analogy here CDA...

Westcoastfan said:
Wondering what your guys thoughts are on how Hauck handles the media compared to Choate. I’m not going to lie but I love listening to Choate get interviewed, there is so much passion and insight in his words, always a class act. Hauck on the other hand bothers me, he comes off egotistical and cold, in many cases disrespectful and never passes any insight. I know this is how he has always been but I wish he would change at least a little bit.

Suck it up buttercup. Hauck isn't here for your warm fuzzies or participation ribbons.

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/inevitable-questions-for-georgia-tech-the-acc-kickoff/vvAhOxIbuyoPES1nRWjfEM/

...or maybe you can connect the dots here? It's a really small coaching fraternity out there and often times those relationships built over time working with (and playing for) certain individuals opens a lot of doors...

Year 4 of Choate's tenure: top 10 national ranking. Playoff win to cap year 3. Has never lost to the griz ( two of which have been at your house). Has clearly taken a program that was in disarray and has rebuilt it in his image, from ground zero. This year...arguably has more talent across the roster than any other program in the BSC. Why? MSU arguably has the best defensive line, the best corners, the best safety duo. LB corps will be nasty, and solidified by the best pure athlete in the BSC...think anyone is hitting the edge on the Cats this year..Ha. The Defense should be elite this year and there isn't a close 2nd. Offense? MSU arguably has the best OL in the BSC. Top tier RB talent? Check. Servicable WR's? Check. Even with mediocre / average QB play the Cats will roll this year. CDA can talk all the shit he wants but the big picture speaks for itself, and he looks like a silly little bitch talking that weak shit on Coach Choate. Garizzalies is a CDA wannabe, just much less intelligent.

This isn't a homer MSU post just a reality check. I think UM will be much improved this year. Bobby is legit, like him or not (see it's easy to give credit where it's due) and I think the griz will roll this year, especially with your new OL transfer, it's just what the griz do. And I hope you guys do get back to form. MSU and UM being the best in the BSC is how it should always be. Period.

Carry on with the half witty retort by CDA and laughable shit talking. And big sky, you gotta stop feeding the trolls my man.

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

The first few years at FIU were the blueprint. The administration got a clue and canned the losing HC, but he had The Plan rolling for a while. Unlucky to get fired from the traditionally bad program, but fell ass backwards into a better gig. That’s the dream.

bigsky33 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Choach is a losing HC. Fact. Y’all Bob fans should get mad on eGriz about it.

FlyCastingCat pretty much summed you up. :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap:

Bless your heart. I used to give you some guff, but it’s become apparent that it was ill-advised. You’re doing great!

FlyCastingCat said:
CDAGRIZ said:
You're missing the forest for the trees CDA. But I think you know that.

With all due respect, I believe you are, and it’s by design. You’ve been conditioned to value intangibles over results. What some Bob fans need to realize is this: When I say Choach is a losing HC, it’s a compliment. Normal coaches don’t just lose games, get extensions, and have 100% buy-in from the base and administration. You have something special in the Choacher; you just can’t measure why.

That Choach guy own the state yet? I keep waiting for an announcement or the terms of the sale or something.

Westcoastfan said:
Perfect example, also calling cats state, never staying in Bozeman, saying I wish this game had a fifth quarter so we could beat their asses more, etc, etc.

Choate would never say or do any of that take a look at cat griz postgame; first thing Choate does is compliment UM and their program, Bobby not so much.

waaaahhhhhh wahhhhhh...somebody call the freaking wahmbulance.

bigsky33 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Ya, that was pretty good. :lol:

What I think is REALLY funny though is that since Bobby Hauck left the friendly confines of wagriz stadium the first time (where literally ANYBODY can win, as Bob Stitt proved :lol: ), Bobby's W\L record is 15 and 49 for a winning percentage of .306. Let that sink in for a bit. :clap:

He did go 6-5 last year back at home so there's that! Of course he's going to have winning seasons at um, who doesn't? What I think will be REALLY special however is that if he can some how get the griz back into the chipper, how many times will he lose it this go around? Will he beat the 0-3 mark he put up last time?

poorgriz said:
bigsky33 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Ya, that was pretty good. :lol:

What I think is REALLY funny though is that since Bobby Hauck left the friendly confines of wagriz stadium the first time (where literally ANYBODY can win, as Bob Stitt proved :lol: ), Bobby's W\L record is 15 and 49 for a winning percentage of .306. Let that sink in for a bit. :clap:

He did go 6-5 last year back at home so there's that! Of course he's going to have winning seasons at um, who doesn't? What I think will be REALLY special however is that if he can some how get the griz back into the chipper, how many times will he lose it this go around? Will he beat the 0-3 mark he put up last time?

Dude, I can't get over how bad Hauck's record sucked as a HC in the FBS. People talk all the time about how hard it is to recruit to Vegas, and nobody can win there, etc., but that record was atrocious.

All you have to do in business is convince the guy who is in charge of firing you than you are valuable. Choate convinced Costello, got himself a contract.

If you want to talk about a guy who keeps his job somehow year after year just head down to Greeley. He signed a 5 year contract after just one winning season in 5 years at UNC in 2016, after going 9-36 in his first 4 years. They went 6-5 in 2017, then went 3-7 and then 2-9 last year, and still has a job. 26-62 in 8 seasons at UNC.

CatzWillRise said:
All you have to do in business is convince the guy who is in charge of firing you than you are valuable. Choate convinced Costello, got himself a contract.

If you want to talk about a guy who keeps his job somehow year after year just head down to Greeley. He signed a 5 year contract after just one winning season in 5 years at UNC in 2016, after going 9-36 in his first 4 years. They went 6-5 in 2017, then went 3-7 and then 2-9 last year, and still has a job. 26-62 in 8 seasons at UNC.

That’s amazing!!!

Back