• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Hauck vs. Choate in the media

Catsrback76 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
I’ll say it once, and once only: Choach is exactly where he wants to be; Hauck is nowhere near where he wants to be.

Here's your sign...

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_SYjQMRDF4[/media]

...AAAaaaannnnnnd, you future success is SET BABY! :thumb:
7 straight Big Sky Titles, still 30 games over .500, even with UNLV, unlike your losing head coach who has won, literally nothing.

poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:
bigsky33 said:
CDA, did Choate tell you you this is exactly where he wants to be? Reason I ask is because I have heard him say directly numerous times where he wants to be is winning a national championships.

Choate interview from last week said something about how it's a process to build a program, but he feels they're on the right track and "have a chance to be a pretty good club in a couple years". He also said most years he has a good idea going in, where the strengths and weaknesses are but this year he has no clue and has no idea how good they're going to be.
BWAHAHAHA! :lol:
Exactly according to chalk, as CDA said.
I couldn’t have wrote it any better

Uh... the funniest part about that is I was talking about Hauck, typed Choate on accident!
Doesn't qualify for accident; I'd vote for incompetence.

kemajic said:
poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:
Choate interview from last week said something about how it's a process to build a program, but he feels they're on the right track and "have a chance to be a pretty good club in a couple years". He also said most years he has a good idea going in, where the strengths and weaknesses are but this year he has no clue and has no idea how good they're going to be.
BWAHAHAHA! :lol:
Exactly according to chalk, as CDA said.
I couldn’t have wrote it any better

Uh... the funniest part about that is I was talking about Hauck, typed Choate on accident!
Doesn't qualify for accident; I'd vote for incompetence.
+ 1

WaGriz4life said:
Catsrback76 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
I’ll say it once, and once only: Choach is exactly where he wants to be; Hauck is nowhere near where he wants to be.

Here's your sign...

7 straight Big Sky Titles, still 30 games over .500, even with UNLV, unlike your losing head coach who has won, literally nothing.

I’ll be the first one to give credit where credit is due, ol Bobby had this thing rolling last time around.
That was also over 10 years ago.
Will he get it rolling again? Very well may, but it’s far from a foregone conclusion. The general sentiment around here is that it’s a done deal that the griz will be at the top (ish) again with Bobby back.
I’m NOT saying he won’t get it going, just need to sit back and watch. We’ll see...

Forget the past, both UM and UNLV, and see where this tenure ends up.
So far it’s 6-5, 0-1 against the Cats and 0-1 on playoff appearances.

And yes, I’m well aware of Choate’s 17-18 overall record. The pesky thing about facts is that they’re true.
The fact is also that there have been more wins each year and by all accounts it looks to continue this year.
Will that continue in year 4? Year 5? Year 6? We’ll see...

Catsrgrood said:
WaGriz4life said:
Catsrback76 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Here's your sign...

I’ll be the first one to give credit where credit is due, ol Bobby had this thing rolling last time around.
Will he get it rolling again? Very well may, but it’s far from a foregone conclusion. The general sentiment around here is that it’s a done deal that the griz will be at the top (ish) again with Bobby back.
I’m NOT saying he won’t get it going, just need to sit back and watch. We’ll see...

And yes, I’m well aware of Choate’s 17-18 overall record. The pesky thing about facts is that they’re true.
The fact is also that there have been more wins each year and by all accounts it looks to continue this year.
As long as we're being brutally honest, if he can't find a decent QB that can actually throw the ball, I don't see your ceiling as any higher than 8-9 wins a year at the most. If he can nail that, you've definitely got a shot with the rest of the team that you have.

uofmman1122 said:
Catsrgrood said:
WaGriz4life said:
Catsrback76 said:
Here's your sign...

As long as we're being brutally honest, if he can't find a decent QB that can actually throw the ball, I don't see your ceiling as any higher than 8-9 wins a year at the most. If he can nail that, you've definitely got a shot with the rest of the team that you have.

Couldn’t agree more.
That QB could be on the roster right now, we just don’t know yet.
With a good QB, the sky’s the limit for this team, I think they’re stacked with talent elsewhere. They’ll go as far as the QB can take them.

With solid QB play, I’m predicting a 9 win season this year, but that QB thing is a BIG variable.

Catsrgrood said:
uofmman1122 said:
Catsrgrood said:
WaGriz4life said:

Couldn’t agree more.
With a good QB, the sky’s the limit for this team, I think they’re stacked with talent elsewhere. They’ll go as far as the QB can take them.

With solid QB play, I’m predicting a 9 win season this year, but that QB thing is a BIG variable.

Why do you think the Cats are stacked with talent?

PlayerRep said:
Catsrgrood said:
uofmman1122 said:
Catsrgrood said:

Couldn’t agree more.

Well...
The D line should be very good. As good or better than last year. There are a lot of returning players there and some new additions that could really help. A little bit of an unknown with a couple of the new guys, but I expect the D line to be good to very good. Choate has focused on building depth at talent here since day 1.

Linebackers will be better. That was arguably one of the weakest spots on the team last year. Move one of the best athletes in the Big Sky to OLB, get some back from injury last year and some of the young guys are a year older and hopefully ready to contribute. They may not be dominant, but I expect the LB group to be a much more solid group than last year.

CB’s are good, a veteran and talented group.

Safety’s are very good, arguably the best tandem in the league with Konkol and Alleyne

O line is very good, again arguably one of the best groups in the league.

RB’s are very good. Ifanse, Jones, Andersen for a handful of plays a game, etc. there is depth and talent to spare in this group.

Despite the relative lack of a passing game, receivers are pretty good. I’ll take Kassis any day of the week. Jonsen is always a threat, one of the best athletes in the league.

Tight ends are an unknown, next to no experience returning. Can’t really say much at all, good, bad, or indifferent.

Kicker is good, Padmos is one of the best punters in the league.

QB? We’ll see....

So yes, I think there is a ton of talent on this team, just a major unknown at a very important position. So like I said, this team will go as far as the QB can take it.

[media]https://twitter.com/samherderfcs/status/1154501245094285312?s=21[/media]

Hmmm...

Stitt’s fault?

Catsrgrood said:
PlayerRep said:
Catsrgrood said:
uofmman1122 said:

Couldn’t agree more.

Well...
The D line should be very good. As good or better than last year. There are a lot of returning players there and some new additions that could really help. A little bit of an unknown with a couple of the new guys, but I expect the D line to be good to very good. Choate has focused on building depth at talent here since day 1.

Linebackers will be better. That was arguably one of the weakest spots on the team last year. Move one of the best athletes in the Big Sky to OLB, get some back from injury last year and some of the young guys are a year older and hopefully ready to contribute. They may not be dominant, but I expect the LB group to be a much more solid group than last year.

Safety’s are very good, arguably the best tandem in the league with Konkol and Alleyne

RB’s are very good. Ifanse, Jones, Andersen for a handful of plays a game, etc. there is depth and talent to spare in this group.

Despite the relative lack of a passing game, receivers are pretty good. I’ll take Kassis any day of the week. Jonsen is always a threat, one of the best athletes in the league.

Tight ends are an unknown, next to no experience returning. Can’t really say much at all, good, bad, or indifferent.

QB? We’ll see....

So yes, I think there is a ton of talent on this team, just a major unknown at a very important position. So like I said, this team will go as far as the QB can take it.

I am a Griz junkie all the way, however i believe catrgood has a very accurate assessment of the cats...and it is a little disturbing....i too think they are pretty much loaded with the exception of the unknown at qb......the Griz will need to be at their very best imo.... go Griz !

Catsrgrood said:
PlayerRep said:
Catsrgrood said:
uofmman1122 said:

Couldn’t agree more.

Well...

QB? We’ll see....

On the assessment of the cats..... FTC

fanofzoo said:
Catsrgrood said:
PlayerRep said:
Catsrgrood said:
Couldn’t agree more.

Well...

QB? We’ll see....

Nice input.
I was answering a question that came from a griz fan, on yet another thread that is about the Cats on the griz board that was started by a griz fan...

Catsrgrood said:
fanofzoo said:
Catsrgrood said:
PlayerRep said:

Well...

QB? We’ll see....

Nice input.
I was answering a question that came from a griz fan, on yet another thread that is about the Cats on the griz board that was started by a griz fan...

Tried to keep it simple for you to understand, you know simple things for...... so FTC

bgbigdog said:
[media]https://twitter.com/samherderfcs/status/1154501245094285312?s=21[/media]

Hmmm...

Stitt’s fault?

I'm betting el jefe quietly requested this so he could loudly proclaim that he and catshit nation are victims. It'll work too. Fucking Svengali!

Back