• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Hauck vs. Choate in the media

Westcoastfan

Wondering what your guys thoughts are on how Hauck handles the media compared to Choate. I’m not going to lie but I love listening to Choate get interviewed, there is so much passion and insight in his words, always a class act. Hauck on the other hand bothers me, he comes off egotistical and cold, in many cases disrespectful and never passes any insight. I know this is how he has always been but I wish he would change at least a little bit.

Westcoastfan said:
Wondering what your guys thoughts are on how Hauck handles the media compared to Choate. I’m not going to lie but I love listening to Choate get interviewed, there is so much passion and insight in his words, always a class act. Hauck on the other hand bothers me, he comes off egotistical and cold, in many cases disrespectful and never passes any insight. I know this is how he has always been but I wish he would change at least a little bit.

Just two different personalities is all.

I love listening to Choate. His pressers are awesome. But I've kinda always liked how Bobby goes about his business too. he doesn't care how he comes across and in a way I respect that. You know where he stands and I know his guys love playing for him. In the end that is all that matters.

I always laugh when I hear people say they think Hauck comes off as egotistical and cold... and disrespectful? Show me examples of Hauck being disrespectful, because I've never seen it. Hauck to me is a lot like Nick Saban, and I love it. And Hauck has never been a coach to give any in-depth insight, and that won't be changing.

That said, I do enjoy listening to Choate's pressers. He seems like a cool guy, likes to have fun at his pressers. He's a complete 180 in regard to how Rob Ash presented himself to the press.

Like ilovethecats said, just two different personalities, and they both resonate to their players well.

get'em_griz said:
I always laugh when I hear people say they think Hauck comes off as egotistical and cold... and disrespectful? Show me examples of Hauck being disrespectful, because I've never seen it. Hauck to me is a lot like Nick Saban, and I love it. And Hauck has never been a coach to give any in-depth insight, and that won't be changing.

That said, I do enjoy listening to Choate's pressers. He seems like a cool guy, likes to have fun at his pressers. He's a complete 180 in regard to how Rob Ash presented himself to the press.

Like ilovethecats said, just two different personalities, and they both resonate to their players well.

Here is an oldie, but a goodie:

https://missoulian.com/news/local/bobby-hauck-excludes-student-journalists-from-interviews-after-questions-about/article_c3ba0c78-bada-11de-b015-001cc4c002e0.html

Perfect example, also calling cats state, never staying in Bozeman, saying I wish this game had a fifth quarter so we could beat their asses more, etc, etc.

Choate would never say or do any of that take a look at cat griz postgame; first thing Choate does is compliment UM and their program, Bobby not so much.

Before any of you respond to "Westcoastfan", his 26 posts are all negative to the Griz and most are pro- Cats. Don't feed the trolls.

Hauck has really softened a lot since 2009. He’s mellowed with age. It was very noticeable at the end of the Griz-cat game. He showed no emotion after the fumble, was smiling when shook hands and hugged! Choate. Then his press conference was fairly emotionless. I remember him crying after the 2003 loss to them and in 2005 he threw shade at Lullay. Something about he won, but isn’t going to the playoffs without sounding very sorry about it.

SaskGriz said:
Before any of you respond to "Westcoastfan", his 26 posts are all negative to the Griz and most are pro- Cats. Don't feed the trolls.

I was only going to tell him to get the sand out of his regina.

Westcoastfan said:
Perfect example, also calling cats state, never staying in Bozeman, saying I wish this game had a fifth quarter so we could beat their asses more, etc, etc.

Choate would never say or do any of that take a look at cat griz postgame; first thing Choate does is compliment UM and their program, Bobby not so much.

So these coaches motivate in different ways. WTF is newsworthy in that?

grizindabox said:
SaskGriz said:

I see what you did there. :thumb:

Westcoastfan said:

The following quote is wrong: "I wish this game had a fifth quarter so we could beat their asses more". The actual quote he spoke at the recruiting function was much better. I was there and he said "I wish the game had a 5th quarter so we could keep ramming that ball right up their ass!". He absolutely brought the house down. Bobby is extremely passionate and it's easy to see why most of the fan base loves him.

On that note and in the spirit of Bobby Hauck, I am coining a new phrase for our coach 200 miles down the interstate: FJC!

Old school Hauck will be more in form this year, having to assume the play-nice Bob role last year probably was as hard for him as watching the second-half collapses. I expect things to get more candid and edgy as we close in on fall.

grizindabox said:
SaskGriz said:

Nicely done, although oil sand would have been the hammer. It's preseason for all of us.

In today’s paper, Choach was trying to make a joke that, “We play everybody at QB at MSU.” But there is truth in jest. He said a WR would be in the mix.
It went on to say that not only is this his 4th new opening day starting qb, but also his 4th new qb coach, and 4th new play caller. My goodness, no wonder they suck so bad at the position.
When do you use the saying, “when god gives you lemons, make lemonade”
Versus
“You can’t make chicken salad from chicken shit” ?
For years 1-2, I think Choach can use the lemon analogy, but now he’s in the chicken salad realm, right?
Not to be confused with the annual summer picnic and Choaches’ infamous chicken-parm which also causes assistants to be sent packing

garizzalies said:
It went on to say that not only is this his 4th new opening day starting qb, but also his 4th new qb coach, and 4th new play caller. My goodness, no wonder they suck so bad at the position.
They suck so bad at the position that last years starter was 1st team all BSC selection at the position. :roll: I am on record saying that the backup over there was a joke. However, logic tells me that the kid must be coming along if they are moving the best QB in the league to another position.
I suppose we shall just have to see.

garizzalies said:
In today’s paper, Choach was trying to make a joke that, “We play everybody at QB at MSU.” But there is truth in jest. He said a WR would be in the mix.
When do you use the saying, “when god gives you lemons, make lemonade”
Versus
“You can’t make chicken salad from chicken shit” ?
For years 1-2, I think Choach can use the lemon analogy, but now he’s in the chicken salad realm, right?
Not to be confused with the annual summer picnic and Choaches’ infamous chicken-parm which also causes assistants to be sent packing

So garillalies, they suck so bad at the qb position? Wasn't Troy Anderson first team All Big Sky? Could anyone stop Chris Murray? For the patchwork that had to be made at that position, the offense was not to shabby when you look at total yds generated.

indian-outlaw said:
garizzalies said:
They suck so bad at the position that last years starter was 1st team all BSC selection at the position. :roll: I am on record saying that the backup over there was a joke. However, logic tells me that the kid must be coming along if they are moving the best QB in the league to another position.

Good grief he was a scat back taking direct snaps that sometime threw the ball, Admittedly he was usually the best athlete on the field. He was a first team running back who got the nod at QB because that was his position listed on the roster.

SaskGriz said:
To be fair, idiot Griz fans have done these same sort of "trolls" on BCN too. Some people have a lot of time on their hands.

horribilisfan8184 said:
indian-outlaw said:
garizzalies said:

Good grief he was a scat back taking direct snaps that sometime threw the ball, Admittedly he was usually the best athlete on the field. He was a first team running back who got the nod at QB because that was his position listed on the roster.

By the way, spend some time watching youth football. The Bobcats used the same offense (and Troy), the way 5 grade coaches give QB title and the ball to their best athlete every play to run wherever he finds a hole. If Troy had our o-line last year he probably goes down in the backfield 5-10 more times a game.

Back