• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz vs Pam State Predictions

Have to win two of three phases to win the game. Griz win special teams. That means Pam State has to win both offense and defense phases to beat us, don't see that happening. They could win defense, maybe offense, but not both. Pam State get a few point for being at home.

Griz - 31
Pam St - 26

If sad sac gives up 260 yards to Rovig, then Sneed could shred them with over 460. But, once the Griz get a big lead they work the ground game and the run the clock and the ball for 180 yards.

Griz don’t get greedy in this on and play it safe.

Griz 41
Sad Sac 24

56-21 Griz win.

Sac can’t play man against us. To much talent at receiver/tight end. After the our Receivers burn them a few times Knight and Ostmo are going to Punish them.

reinell30 said:
grizfan406 said:
You know how sometimes a little brother can get really good at sports because he is always playing his bigger more athletic older brother and friends? Well Sac played 3! 3 FBS opponents this year and hung with all of them. They have the most important ingredients to winning football O-line and D-line, Quarterback and coaching. Which of those are better than ours? Their D-line leads the conference in sacks and handled the Cats rushing offense easily. Their O-line hasn't given up a sack to an FCS team yet and handled the Cats stout D easily. Their QB is really good and a dual threat and threw and ran all over the cats but I give sneed the edge. They have great coaching with winning pedigree, coaches come from winning programs at Home here in Missoula, from winning programs at EWU (recruiting coordinator) and at UTAH. They have a huge advantage that hasn't been touched on yet, they can recruit California and the surrounding area and have a huge population to pick from. I anticipate Sac being the new EWU and the Griz will have their hands full for years to come. Now, are they there yet? No.... but neither are we. They have the better D but it might be close, we have the better O but it might be close, we have the better Special teams and it ain't close. We have the better coaching but that might be close too. The game is away where Sac is playing really good. I think this game is very very close and goes into overtime where the Griz still find a way to win going for 2 during the first OT 50-49

This post probably has the most truth to it in this thread. Sac is good! The cats can't throw the ball because their QB doesn't get a chance to get into any rhythm. The Cat D never came close to sacking Sac State QB Thompson. If the Griz do not pressure Thompson, our corners are in for a long day. Our safeties and LB's have to control the middle of the field and not let Sac state be successful on the crossing routes. Keep Thompson in the pocket! No one has been over successful on running ball yet. because they are always behind and have to throw. We will have a running game! We will not get way behind and become one dimensional! We need to score early and often.
Griz will pull it out 39-34.

Both very good posts in my opinion. If we give Sneed enough time, we will win in my opinion. Very big game for us, in my opinion the best line we've faced this year so far on both sides of the ball. Sac is hot right now. They're going to get their points for sure, we will too. I feel the game is going to come down to turnovers, costly penalties, and the kicking game. To be honest, I'm a little nervous about this one. I think we pull it out.
31 to 28 Good guys win!

Maxim said:
FireGriz said:
Hauck has had 2 weeks to prepare for these guys. The players have had 2 weeks to heal up the bumps, bruises and sprains.

Griz come out firing on all cylinders and don’t let up. Final score 61-21 as Sneed gets his 4th POW.

No way we score 61 on the road, playing a good team.
Exactly right. We won’t score 61 because Hauck will have the third string in playing the game if they only have 21.

Not posting a reply here to cause an uproar with Griz fans, as I have much respect for UM and their program. But it seems like you guys are a bit overly confident? Or perhaps it's just me.

Then again, I might be too if my team was 20-1 all-time against the upcoming opponent. So there's that.

IMO, if the Hornets win the LOS as they have in pretty much every game they've played this season, they've got a great shot to earn win #2 over the Griz.

The Hornets won the LOS against Arizona State, but lost the game due to a few mistakes and the fact that ASU had a lot more skill talent. I don't know that I see the same disparity in skill talent -- in all 3 phases of the game -- against fellow Big Sky teams. So I feel the Hornets chances are better if they win LOS.

Montana is always a good team. I don't expect less on Saturday. If Dalton Sneed is afforded time to sling it, the Hornets better hope to win a shootout. Otherwise it might be a really long night should the Griz defense become opportunistic, as they have been numerous times over the years at Hornet Stadium.

I'm just really hoping for a good, competitive game. I'd love for the Hornets to come out on top, but also have to remind myself that this is year one of a new staff and rebuild of sorts. Most didn't expect this team to contend THIS season. While I thought this team was capable winning between 3-5 games, I won't lie and say I thought they'd be in contention for the Big Sky title mid-way through the season.

I realize they only have 2 conference wins, but they've beaten 2 conference foes they haven't had a ton of success against historically and that were expected to contend themselves. If they somehow manage to earn a huge 'W' on Saturday night, they'll find themselves in the drivers seat. But still with a lot of work left to do.

IIRC, the Hornets schedule was rated toughest in the Big Sky and #6 in the FCS. Considering that, they've fared quite well.

But circling back to Saturday's matchup, the Griz certainly should be considered the favorite. It promises to be the biggest challenge the Hornets have faced in conference and we'll find out soon whether they have what it takes to overcome it.

If they do manage to overcome it, my guess would be they did so by containing the run game and generating consistent pressure on Sneed on the defensive side, while continuing to do what they've been doing all season offensively.

Maxim said:
FireGriz said:
Hauck has had 2 weeks to prepare for these guys. The players have had 2 weeks to heal up the bumps, bruises and sprains.

Griz come out firing on all cylinders and don’t let up. Final score 61-21 as Sneed gets his 4th POW.

Exactly right. We won’t score 61 because Hauck will have the third string in playing the game if they only have 21.

Maxim said:
FireGriz said:

buckeyehornetfan said:
Not posting a reply here to cause an uproar with Griz fans, as I have much respect for UM and their program. But it seems like you guys are a bit overly confident? Or perhaps it's just me.

Then again, I might be too if my team was 20-1 all-time against the upcoming opponent. So there's that.

IMO, if the Hornets win the LOS as they have in pretty much every game they've played this season, they've got a great shot to earn win #2 over the Griz.

The Hornets won the LOS against Arizona State, but lost the game due to a few mistakes and the fact that ASU had a lot more skill talent. I don't know that I see the same disparity in skill talent -- in all 3 phases of the game -- against fellow Big Sky teams. So I feel the Hornets chances are better if they win LOS.

Montana is always a good team. I don't expect less on Saturday. If Dalton Sneed is afforded time to sling it, the Hornets better hope to win a shootout. Otherwise it might be a really long night should the Griz defense become opportunistic, as they have been numerous times over the years at Hornet Stadium.

I'm just really hoping for a good, competitive game. I'd love for the Hornets to come out on top, but also have to remind myself that this is year one of a new staff and rebuild of sorts. Most didn't expect this team to contend THIS season. While I thought this team was capable winning between 3-5 games, I won't lie and say I thought they'd be in contention for the Big Sky title mid-way through the season.

I realize they only have 2 conference wins, but they've beaten 2 conference foes they haven't had a ton of success against historically and that were expected to contend themselves. If they somehow manage to earn a huge 'W' on Saturday night, they'll find themselves in the drivers seat. But still with a lot of work left to do.

IIRC, the Hornets schedule was rated toughest in the Big Sky and #6 in the FCS. Considering that, they've fared quite well.

But circling back to Saturday's matchup, the Griz certainly should be considered the favorite. It promises to be the biggest challenge the Hornets have faced in conference and we'll find out soon whether they have what it takes to overcome it.

If they do manage to overcome it, my guess would be they did so by containing the run game and generating consistent pressure on Sneed on the defensive side, while continuing to do what they've been doing all season offensively.

Thanks for your post, I agree it's going to be a very tough game. When i looked last night, Griz were favored by 1.5 on the betting line. Game could go either way, both very good teams. Good luck on Saturday!

1972 said:
buckeyehornetfan said:

Thanks for your post, I agree it's going to be a very tough game. When i looked last night, Griz were favored by 1.5 on the betting line. Game could go either way, both very good teams. Good luck on Saturday!

Certainly a lot closer than the most the faithful here are predicting.

My hope is that the Hornets get off to a good start. Digging an early hole likely wouldn’t be easy to come back from.

I also wonder how the extra week will benefit or possibly hurt UM. Sometimes the extra time is a major benefit, especially regarding injuries, but sometimes a team can be lethargic and slow out of the gate.

For the Hornets sake, I hope it’s the latter.

Thanks for the reply! Can’t wait til Saturday. I’ll be out there with the family.

This one is going to be a close one. I’m thinking 38-35 Montana in a nail biter ending. Field goal wins one of the biggest fistfights of the year.

Go Griz!

Sac appears to be legit. With #5 ranking, experts believe Griz are for real. This game is biggest test yet for each team.
Outcome will hinge on whether Griz or Sac State win LOS battles. Will Griz DL get to Thomson enough, causing an INT or 2? Will Sac DL get to Sneed, getting a sack or 2 or causing a few bad throws?
A turnover or 2 could doom Griz, especially on road in Big Sky, while a big kick/punt return by Flowers/JLM could be the difference for Griz.
Griz WRs > Sac WRs. RBs seem =. Sac DL rush appears to be > Griz DL rush. Home game adds slight edge for Sac.

Hornets 35
Griz 31

If the Griz play like they’ve been playing, this will be a game comparable to UC Davis! I think the Griz will! I think they will force their will on Sac St and take the crowd out of the game early! I think the bye week and extra week of prep will help the Griz take Mr. Thomson-who is very good-out of.his game, just like they did the other QBs-except for Hebert. I keep going back to: how would this team done in Eugene? I don’t see Sac faring any differently than anyone else against the Griz! I will say-other than Oregon-it will be the most balanced team we’ve faced! But I also think the Griz will contain Thomson-if not at first,, then after adjustments! Go Griz!

Latest posts

Back