• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz play Michigan (Thursday 7:20 MST) TNT

'68griz said:
I think the Griz got the worst possible seed they could have, playing a pissed Michigan team that expected to be a #1 seed and then lost the Big 10 championship game. I almost would rather the Griz were a #16 playing Gonzaga.

Not sure that scenario is any better.

This seed is bull. Committee has a bias against west teams, or should I say the metrics are biased against us because of geography limiting OOC scheduling. We beat what three teams wi5 better seeds?

zootownrox said:
This seed is bull. Committee has a bias against west teams, or should I say the metrics are biased against us because of geography limiting OOC scheduling.

The seed is what was expected and the rest of your statement is false.

The best part of March Madness is - the "Griz fans" who are engineers in Spokane who have never said a single positive thing about the Griz who think all Griz fans are idiots because they live in in the washed up "metropolis" of Spokane and are still living in the old days when people who could get out of montana ended up in Spokane fake superiority complex - start chirping in on egriz about how bad the the Griz are and how stupid people in Montana are for thinking the Griz got screwed.

Not talking about any particular asshole here, just in general.

grizindabox said:
zootownrox said:
This seed is bull. Committee has a bias against west teams, or should I say the metrics are biased against us because of geography limiting OOC scheduling.

False? It’s an opinion that can’t be empirically proven true or false. Plus I added some reasoning as to why the metrics don’t favor us despite beating a lower seed. None of which is false, just say you disagree.

zootownrox said:
grizindabox said:
zootownrox said:

False? It’s an opinion that can’t be empirically proven true or false. Plus I added some reasoning as to why the metrics don’t favor us despite beating a lower seed. None of which is false, just say you disagree.

It has nothing to do with the ability to schedule OOC games. It is all about playing 20 games in a piss poor basketball conference that struggled to win the quality OOC games they did schedule.

Grizbeer said:
The best part of March Madness is - the "Griz fans" who are engineers in Spokane who have never said a single positive thing about the Griz who think all Griz fans are idiots because they live in in the washed up "metropolis" of Spokane and are still living in the old days when people who could get out of montana ended up in Spokane fake superiority complex - start chirping in on egriz about how bad the the Griz are and how stupid people in Montana are for thinking the Griz got screwed.

:lol:
Perfect.

Grizbeer said:

Didn't say anyone was "stupid" for thinking the Griz got screwed. What I did say was they play in a poor basketball conference without any good wins which hurt them. But I guess that the NCAA just hates Montana for some reason.

grizindabox said:
Grizbeer said:

Didn't say anyone was "stupid" for thinking the Griz got screwed. What I did say was they play in a poor basketball conference without any good wins which hurt them. But I guess that the NCAA just hates Montana for some reason.
Not you box, your the consummate pro-Griz fan. Why would you ever think anyone would think you are an arrogant inland emperor?

Grizbeer said:
grizindabox said:
Grizbeer said:

Not you box, your the consummate pro-Griz fan. Why would you ever think anyone would think you are an arrogant inland emperor?

Probably the same reason they would think you are a drunk I would guess.

grizindabox said:
Grizbeer said:
grizindabox said:
Grizbeer said:

Probably the same reason they would think you are a drunk I would guess.

I guess. Not saying they are wrong! We all live with our burdens.

Paytonlives said:
rocklobster said:
Rematch of last year’s game. Go Griz.

Probably the best part of this... My guess is the Griz play pissed and if shots fall they will be in this game.
I was thinking the same damn thing. AND THE SHOTS DROP, like they did when we played at Weber.

CFallsGriz said:
grizindabox said:
Big Sage said:
If I was DeCuire, I would get out of the Big Sigh ASAP. ZERO RESPECT

Conference has to earn respect.

How do you propose they do that?

Oh wait. Rhetoric, cuz that's all you do.

Win games against quality OOC teams. The bottom of the conference is terrible and pulls everyone else down.

zootownrox said:
grizindabox said:
zootownrox said:

How did “geography” limit OOC scheduling? We traveled to the Bahamas for God’s sake....played 3 games there. And to Creighton. And to SDSU. Hardly limited, IMHO.

Back