• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz play Michigan (Thursday 7:20 MST) TNT

Tough draw for Montana. Michigan is one of the toughest teams in the country when it comes to defense. It might be hard for Montana to break the 50 pt. mark
If the Montana guards and Dorsey can hit their threes it might be interesting for a while.i don't see Montana being able to do.much down low, just to much size and skill for the wolverines.

grizindabox said:
Griz Growler said:
What A Crock. Georgia State gets a 14 we get 15...
I think Conference strength played a part...Sun Belt >>>>BSC
Conference strength did play some part, for sure. The Sun Belt is ranked around 17 as a conference, vs 23 for the Big Sky. But that difference was only indirectly a factor. The Griz actually won one more D-I game than Ga State, and the comparative NET values are virtually a wash: 123 for the Griz, 125 for Ga State.

But between the OOC available and the conference games, Ga State ended up with an SOS ranked 136, vs the Griz at 240. Because of their location where there are more teams willing to play them, they had way more strong OOC games on their resume, and won some impressive ones, like: Georgia and Alabama. They also played Kansas State -- and lost, but it still pumps up their SOS.

The GRIZ were the lowest 15 seed, 59 overall. This is exactly where NET had them. We can't lose to PSU and EWU and expect much better. We can't improve that unless the conference improves. Go GRIZ....Wolverine appetizers await.

As long as we are affiliated with the schools of the Big Sky Conference, don’t express surprise why we don’t get a better seed.

grizindabox said:
Paytonlives said:
rocklobster said:
Rematch of last year’s game. Go Griz.

Probably the best part of this... My guess is the Griz play pissed and if shots fall they will be in this game.

I see it differently, Michigan will come in knowing what to expect and not overlook the Griz.

Yep. That’s how I see it too. There won’t be any 10-0 run to open the game and make the final score look closer than it really was.

I lucked out and got to watch the West seeding. All the other teams stood and hooted/howled when they hit the TV screen, except Michigan. They sat there, legs sprawled out, totally unimpressed. Coach stood and tried to whoop it up, the team just sat there. THAT may be the edge the Griz need to beat Michigan, IF they shoot the lights out and play two whole halves.

tourist said:
I lucked out and got to watch the West seeding. All the other teams stood and hooted/howled when they hit the TV screen, except Michigan. They sat there, legs sprawled out, totally unimpressed. Coach stood and tried to whoop it up, the team just sat there. THAT may be the edge the Griz need to beat Michigan, IF they shoot the lights out and play two whole halves.

or they just got done blowing a Championship game so felt a little deflated

AZGrizFan said:
grizindabox said:
Paytonlives said:
rocklobster said:
Rematch of last year’s game. Go Griz.

Probably the best part of this... My guess is the Griz play pissed and if shots fall they will be in this game.

I see it differently, Michigan will come in knowing what to expect and not overlook the Griz.

Yep. That’s how I see it too. There won’t be any 10-0 run to open the game and make the final score look closer than it really was.
Disagree with your last sentence. I think the score indicated how close it was. The Griz stayed in the game DESPITE going 8/9 minutes without scoring in the second half. To even still be in the game after doing that is impressive.

I agree Michigan won't over look the Griz, but TDC won't let them get boat raced or play scared. I think it'll be a lot closer than some believe.

Gaeilge1 said:
I said it in another thread, but I think that when Michigan got the number 2, our fate was sealed! The Committee was more intent on a rematch than they were in providing justice in seeding!

:lol:

I'm too lazy to look, but I think I posted the same thing last year. You don't ascend as a program by hoping to keep it close, or having a good showing. Playing like you're happy to be there is how you get blown out. These Griz, including the staff, should not simply want to win, they should expect to win.

Michigan Men's Basketball @umichbball
9m
The Wolverines will take on Montana Thursday (March 21) in Des Moines, Iowa at 9:15 p.m. EST on TNT.

grizindabox said:
tourist said:

or they just got done blowing a Championship game so felt a little deflated

And probably a little exhausted.

I think the Griz got the worst possible seed they could have, playing a pissed Michigan team that expected to be a #1 seed and then lost the Big 10 championship game. I almost would rather the Griz were a #16 playing Gonzaga.

Back