• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz play Michigan (Thursday 7:20 MST) TNT

I might have been getting rid of beer but early on when no one could hit a shot from outside did they call a time out just to break the ice?

Hey we just finished a great season. We saw two guys that played their guts out and scored over 1500 points in their careers. Another senior that started in more games then any Griz ever. We wore a bulls eye all year. We lost a key element of our team, at first early in the year and later in the middle of our conference run. Through it all we continued to find a way to win. We were getting decent crowds and creating excitement for Grizzly BB. We faced one of the best teams in the country with one of the best coaches. We all knew going in we would have to have a lot of breaks and play to our normal standards just to keep it close.

We couldn't throw the ball into Lake Michigan last night if we were standing on the shore. We played a great team and came out cold. I thought the fact the announcers commented that the Griz were still playing hard and were fighting even when we looked like Gen. Custer at Little Big Horn. In a pregame interview Travis said he hoped the team could walk off the court proud knowing they played hard. They should be proud.

We had a hell of a team. There is a huge difference between the Big Ten and the Pig Sty. We probably wouldn't have won with Akoh even if we hit at our usual percentages but damit we made it and we represented Montana well. We have good kids coming back. Good kids on deck and a good class coming in. Monte was awesome, as usual, the band was great and the Griz never quit. That deserves some respect. Grizzly BB is getting back to where it was.

My friends back here asked before the tip off. Are you guys really going to send that midget into jump against Teske? I said that's our way of deferring to the second half. I thought even that was a good call because Travis knew what was in store. He show cased our seniors that had given us 4 years of great fun. Win or lose it was their night.

Michigan has 10 million people and the Wolverine Athletic Dept has a $129 million budget. We went toe to toe with a heavy weight, with a team missing a key element in Akoh. The lads never gave up. No one in Montana wanted to see it end like this because we know we didn't have our best showing. But they played like champions. Remember Michigan can't beat State and Izzo. Ask Izzo where he learned all of his basketball and without a doubt he will say Jud Heathcoat and Heathcoat came from Montana.

People here (in Michigan) aren't mocking Montana. Sure they expected that outcome but they understand Montana has a rich history and Travis and those senior just wrote another page. Thank you to those seniors and thank you to Travis. Let's go back next year and if we play as hard as those guys played and all the pieces are in place we'll be fine. GO GRIZ!

PlayerRep said:
UMFan12 said:
ordigger said:
UMFan12 said:
Never said it was all his fault. I said he let his teammates down. They all had expectations to compete. Kinda tough to do it with an offensive liability who has a shi**y defensive game.

Whar game were you watching? Bobby led the defensive intensity in this game with multiple steals, and some great rebounding aga innst a guy 8 inches taller than him. Go back to Bozeman
Watch the game back. Watch his defensive rotations. Don’t judge a game by the stats. The steals led to nothing. He did absolutely nothing in this game but become the laughing stock of Twitter for the night. Stop being an apologist. Being a good defender in the Big Sky is one thing, being a good defender on the national stage is another. He gave up way to many easy buckets for those 4 steals to be worth it.

I watched the game. You obviously didn't or don't understand the game. Moorehead played well on D. He had 4 steals. Steals come from defense. Yes, the steals ended Michigan possessions and were stops, and each resulted in another Griz offensive possession.

I see that you were almost immediately dissing Moorehead when you joined egriz last fall. Ax to grind? Also dissing the Griz for lacking intensity in January. Saying Travis would never leave for Cal. Jeez, he used to coach there and was a finalist for the head job there 5 years ago.
Never said DeCuire wouldn’t go to Cal.

Back