• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Covid

Best burgers in MT:
1) Mo. Have you ever tried a “Griz”? 4 patties 8 cheeses.
2) The m&m before it burnt. We will rebuild!
3) That place in Hamilton
4) The Billings place
5) The second time you digest the previously eaten Mo burger.

Best steaks:
1) Oasis
2) Derby
3) Ribn Chop. Have you tried that 80 dollar colossal? I eat on it for a week like Homer.
4) the Kali place
5) place in Billings that takes months for a res.

Spanky2 said:
Ursa Major said:
e-Griz Guid to Best Hambuger Joints

So far we have:

1) Mo Club
2) Hudson’s
3) White Castle

In the old days Novasio’s 10 cent hamburgers in Billings.

Well that’s not going to break the bank. Thank You Spanky!

Updated

e-Griz Guide to Best Hambuger Joints

So far we have:

1) Mo Club
2) Hudson’s
3) White Castle
4) Novasio’s

AZGrizFan said:
Ursa Major said:
I know you’re staying with larger chains, however. . . It’s midnight on gameday, you’ve been drinking most of the day, there’s a Dick’s Drive-in next to an In-N-Out. Where do you go? (Question for all).

Personally, I’m waiting in line behind three drug addicts at Dick’s.

Would love to hear everyone’s vote for Best hamburger ever.

Never been to a Dick’s Drive in, but if there’s a White Castle, I’ll go eat 30 of their burgers in a heartbeat.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

God I miss those, have to buy the frozen ones from time to time for the flashback.

Thirty is about right.

Thanks G!

*Updated

e-Griz Guide to Best Hamburger Joints

1) Mo Club
2) Hudson’s
3) White Castle
4) Novasio’s
5) The m&m before it burnt. We will rebuild!
6) That place in Hamilton
7) The Billings place
8) The second time you digest the previously eaten Mo burger.

Ursa Major said:
Thanks G!

*Updated

1) Mo Club
2) Hudson’s
3) White Castle
4) Novasio’s
7) The Billings place

Place in Ronan next to ACE ? (left side going up)
real deal

CDAGRIZ said:
Grizfan-24 said:
I'd have Sonic on this list if they still had their chicken toaster sandwich. For me McDonalds is more miss than hit, and I've never had a Popeyes chicken sandwhich that wasn't over done. There is something about Cane's chicken sandwhich, while not their specialty, is very enjoyable. I almost prefer their Canes sauce to Chick Fil A. Got a little bit of a kick to it that makes it a great pair with their fries chicken and those wonder slices of garlic bread.

As a side note, Chick Fil A is now selling their sauce in bottles. You can pick up that liquid gold at your neighborhood supermarket. You can put that stuff on just about anything, and I'd venture to guess it might work well with ice cream. Just thought you all should know.

Very good points. I've admittedly never tried Cane's. One kind of near me (5 miles or so) opened up about 6 months ago. Something about slapping chicken fingers on a sandwich gave me pause on trying it. A lot more surface area on the chicken and more potential for over-breading. Given your endorsement, however, I will give it a whirl someday.

Shot in the dark: Has anyone here tried Crack Shack? I'm not sure where the closest one would be to MT (maybe Vegas), but that will put hair on your back. They do all kinds of chicken sandos all with an egg on them (unless you don't want it). I think they might even have a Nashville Hot chicken option.

I've had crack shack, downtown San Diego in Little Italy. I haven't had the chicken sandwich, but I have had their chicken. Not bad fried chicken, jidori style, and super crispy. It is on the spicy side, but overall a good piece of chicken. I think it might have been better had I ate it there rather than did pick up (middle of the pandemic) and take it home.

I think it is well worth a try to be honest. Haven't been back to be honest since I have a chick fil a and a canes within blocks of my residence.

Grizfan-24 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Very good points. I've admittedly never tried Cane's. One kind of near me (5 miles or so) opened up about 6 months ago. Something about slapping chicken fingers on a sandwich gave me pause on trying it. A lot more surface area on the chicken and more potential for over-breading. Given your endorsement, however, I will give it a whirl someday.

Shot in the dark: Has anyone here tried Crack Shack? I'm not sure where the closest one would be to MT (maybe Vegas), but that will put hair on your back. They do all kinds of chicken sandos all with an egg on them (unless you don't want it). I think they might even have a Nashville Hot chicken option.

I've had crack shack, downtown San Diego in Little Italy. I haven't had the chicken sandwich, but I have had their chicken. Not bad fried chicken, jidori style, and super crispy. It is on the spicy side, but overall a good piece of chicken. I think it might have been better had I ate it there rather than did pick up (middle of the pandemic) and take it home.

I think it is well worth a try to be honest. Haven't been back to be honest since I have a chick fil a and a canes within blocks of my residence.

Spicy you say? Now it’s on my list. Love me some spicy chicken…in fact, I’m on the hunt for the best Nashville Hot Chicken sandwich in the world right now. :thumb:

Now, before we get wild, let’s get a bit crazy. There’s a place called Slater’s 50/50. Multiple locations throughout the West, including one near my office. The signature burger is 50% angus beef, and 50% chopped house-made bacon (all in the same patty). It doesn’t belong on the list, because we’d be veering into restaurants instead of burger joints, BUT, I wanted everyone to know this exists.

slider-menu-mobile.jpg

CDAGRIZ said:
Copper Griz said:
Never had the chance to visit a White Castle AZ. Describe the burgers please!

With respect to AZ in case he’s away, WC is actually the oldest burger CHAIN in the US. They are sliders. You can eat a lot of them in one sitting. Picture a split dinner roll with a thin patty, a pickle chip, and some diced, lightly grilled onions on it. Cheese or Jalapeño cheese if you want. You can get them frozen at the grocery store, but they aren’t the same. Actually, just look at this.

b32ccf1e-aee3-4250-9feb-d9e4a3fba0c5-White_Castle_The_Original_Slider_Sides.jpg

They are pretty tasty. Here’s a more realistic pic:
screen-shot-2019-07-30-at-4-56-59-pm-1564520257.png

Well CDA. I don’t know about those burgers, but damn those fries and rings look phenomenal. Those alone will make me stop when I get the chance

fanofzoo said:
Ursa Major said:
Thanks G!

*Updated

1) Mo Club
2) Hudson’s
3) White Castle
4) Novasio’s
7) The Billings place

real deal

Lynn’s Drive in. I grew up on them. Try a Hazel Burger. There is nothing like a burger from the burger joint in your home town.

Copper Griz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
With respect to AZ in case he’s away, WC is actually the oldest burger CHAIN in the US. They are sliders. You can eat a lot of them in one sitting. Picture a split dinner roll with a thin patty, a pickle chip, and some diced, lightly grilled onions on it. Cheese or Jalapeño cheese if you want. You can get them frozen at the grocery store, but they aren’t the same. Actually, just look at this.

b32ccf1e-aee3-4250-9feb-d9e4a3fba0c5-White_Castle_The_Original_Slider_Sides.jpg

They are pretty tasty. Here’s a more realistic pic:
screen-shot-2019-07-30-at-4-56-59-pm-1564520257.png

Well CDA. I don’t know about those burgers, but damn those fries and rings look phenomenal. Those alone will make me stop when I get the chance

What CDA pictured is ONE meal. Seriously. For ONE person. :D :D

There’s a White Castle in Vegas (I think it’s in Harrah’s)…I ate there like four times in one weekend…every time I passed through Harrah’s… :lol: :lol:

ChesterGriz said:
fanofzoo said:
real deal

Lynn’s Drive in. I grew up on them. Try a Hazel Burger. There is nothing like a burger from the burger joint in your home town.

Which is why I cried when they shut down 93 Stop N Go on Brooks. :( :(

CDAGRIZ said:
I’ve always wondered what people think the Top 5 steakhouses in Montana are. Can anyone provide a list of places I should try?

1. Marysville House Historic Restaurant has to be on the list.
2. Edgar Bar
3. Borries - Black Eagle
4. Roscoe Bar. Used to be phenomenal. Haven’t been there in a damn millennium so could have changed.
5. Red Rooster in Butte (no longer in operation).
6 Big Timber - The Grand Hotel. Bobby or Tim would have to confirm this one.
7. M&M once a year when they had the t-bone special where you waited in line with every other poor sap
8. White Fish Golf Course Club House. Yes it rocks.
9. Frontier Bar and Supper Club Shelby

Clarification. I prefer a New York Strip or Rib Eye. Filet is meh for me.

Copper Griz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
I’ve always wondered what people think the Top 5 steakhouses in Montana are. Can anyone provide a list of places I should try?

2. Edgar Bar
3. Borries - Black Eagle
4. Roscoe Bar. Used to be phenomenal. Haven’t been there in a damn millennium so could have changed.
7. M&M once a year when they had the t-bone special where you waited in line with every other poor sap

Copper, have you ever tried a bone-in filet? I had my first one a couple weeks ago at a steakhouse here in San Antonio and it was—hands down—the best steak I’ve ever eaten. :shock: :shock:

AZGrizFan said:
Copper Griz said:
2. Edgar Bar
3. Borries - Black Eagle

Copper, have you ever tried a bone-in filet? I had my first one a couple weeks ago at a steakhouse here in San Antonio and it was—hands down—the best steak I’ve ever eaten. :shock: :shock:

Honestly can’t answer AZ. I tried the “Tomahawk”. Is that the same thing by chance? Huge and had to share it. Hefty price tag, but damn it was worthwhile. “Bone in”. Come one. How can you go wrong? :thumb:

Ursa Major said:
Thanks G!

*Updated

1) Mo Club
2) Hudson’s
3) White Castle
4) Novasio’s
7) The Billings place

Got a couple more great burger places to add to the list, Ursa!

1) The Beer Jug - Glendive, MT
2) Richwine’s Burgerville - Polson, MT

JFC! Ya'll gotta weight north of 400#, or will be after you get to be 40 y/o. Invest in suspenders now, they help you keep your pants on.

Back