• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Covid

tgreseth said:
MsMaroon said:
Wow. :(

I give.

:lol: :cry: I'm sorry Ms. Maroon, it seems you've lost your mojo!

Yup. It was my modest claim to fame on eGriz. What is left for me? What good am I? Who cares? Seriously ... who gives a red river rat's rear end? :cry: :cry: :cry:

In other news, CDA, I've never had an In-N-Out burger in my life.

Cuervohola said:
Mousegriz said:
When teams and players start missing/forfeiting games the non-vax bluster might slow down a little on EGriz. It seems to have slowed down on a few talk show sites. Wonder what Herman Cain and some of these other guys would be saying now! My Body (wait!) My Choice (I have none!)

Cain had Metastatic Stage 4 Cancer.
Cain died within about 10 days of getting covid......Where do you get your news?

Cuervohola said:
Copper Griz said:
You seem really angry. Seek some help. It is unhealthy to be so filled with hate and rage. You don’t even represent the right appropriately. Just come across as mad at everything and someone else is to blame. Poor little buddy. I feel for you

I'm not on the Right. You can't shrink me because you don't know how to properly deploy Psychology.

Oh I am positive you have some shrinkage. For sure.

CDAGRIZ said:
Here are my Top 5 Fast Food/Fast Casual Burger Chains:

1. In-N-Out. Undisputed champion of the World. Double-Double animal style, fries, and a drink for like $6.50ish. People who knock the fries must drive 35 min before trying to eat them. Get them xtra crispy and enjoy that they have no cholesterol. On the price-quality-freshness-taste-service scale, there isn't a chain that can beat it. Period. Full stop.

2. Shake Shack. The East Coast's whiny answer to In-N-Out because they don't get In-N-Out. Thing is: it's really good. Very good rip-off of the champ. IDK if it's possible for a poor man's In-N-Out to cost 3x more, but if it is, you'll find it at Shake Shack. Fries are from a frozen bag of Ore-Ida crinkle cut. Serves beer, though, so . . .

3. Wendy's. A classic single with cheese will do the trick. Nice flavor, decent freshness, and for some reason, I dig the default ketchup/mayo combo with the onions. Very solid fries. Sub them out for spicy nuggs if you're feeling frisky.

4. McDonald's. There, I said it. But I will limit it to a fresh Big Mac. It's hard to explain, but sometimes you might not be in the mood for a cheeseburger per se, but you just want a Big Mac. Fries could be the best on this list.

5. Five Guys. It's not as if it's gross or anything. It's a good burger. Kinda sloppy, and the bun will disintegrate in the double grease before you're done. Fries are meh. The gripe I have with this place is they don't really have a default. They want you to tell them what to put on it. Cop out. Put your best foot forward, and I'll make mods as I see fit. Also, be prepared to pay as much if not more than Shake Shack.

Burger King and Carl's Jr. don't belong on any list of top anything. Pure trash.
Opinions?

Nice list. Burger Dive in Billings is amazing. Hopefully you get the opportunity at some point to sample their works of art. Your post is spectacular by the way. Well timed.

Here are my Top 5 Fast Food Chicken Sandwiches:

1. Chick Fil A. The original cannot be topped. Swap for spicy or deluxe if you want. Flash fried, light breading, couple of pickles, very good bun. The chicken breast itself is fantastic, and makes the sandwich. Add some CFA sauce, and you've got a stew going. The best.

2. Wendy's. Specifically the spicy chicken sandwich. This thing is awesome. Just a bit of spice, a bit of lettuce, and you're there. Add whatever condiments you want, but you won't be disappointed.

3. Popeye's. It's very good. Very good. But don't expect to do much for the rest of the day. This thing is massive, and massively breaded. It's a huge piece of fried chicken breast with some mayo on the bottom bun with two 1/4" thick pickle chips. The only thing keeping this out of the #2 slot is the quality control. In classic Popeye's fashion, when it's good, it's great. But sometimes at Popeye's, you could order one and get a fish taco (which they don't even sell).

4. KFC. This is a very serviceable sando. Like Popeye's, it's very breaded. The pickles are on top, which is strange. Opt for the spicy version, and you're almost in Popeye's land.

5. McDonald's. We all knew McD's couldn't stay out of the chicken wars for long. Their offering isn't gross, but is misses the mark. Keep in mind that it looks like they tried to copy CFA, as McD's doesn't really deep fry chicken like #3 and #4 on this list. Served in the same foil-lined pouch like CFA, the bun comes out extremely soggy, and the chicken seems half the quality of CFA. I'd honestly opt for a spicy McChicken like the olden days.

Thoughts?

Copper Griz said:
Nice list. Burger Dive in Billings is amazing. Hopefully you get the opportunity at some point to sample their works of art. Your post is spectacular by the way. Well timed.

Oh, I've heard of that place believe it or not. I wanted to keep the list to places with a lot of locations, but next time I'm in Billings, BD is on the list. I think it was ranked #1 in Montana on a few lists I've seen. Thanks for the tip! :thumb:

CDAGRIZ said:
Here are my Top 5 Fast Food/Fast Casual Burger Chains:

1. In-N-Out. Undisputed champion of the World. Double-Double animal style, fries, and a drink for like $6.50ish. People who knock the fries must drive 35 min before trying to eat them. Get them xtra crispy and enjoy that they have no cholesterol. On the price-quality-freshness-taste-service scale, there isn't a chain that can beat it. Period. Full stop.

2. Shake Shack. The East Coast's whiny answer to In-N-Out because they don't get In-N-Out. Thing is: it's really good. Very good rip-off of the champ. IDK if it's possible for a poor man's In-N-Out to cost 3x more, but if it is, you'll find it at Shake Shack. Fries are from a frozen bag of Ore-Ida crinkle cut. Serves beer, though, so . . .

3. Wendy's. A classic single with cheese will do the trick. Nice flavor, decent freshness, and for some reason, I dig the default ketchup/mayo combo with the onions. Very solid fries. Sub them out for spicy nuggs if you're feeling frisky.

4. McDonald's. There, I said it. But I will limit it to a fresh Big Mac. It's hard to explain, but sometimes you might not be in the mood for a cheeseburger per se, but you just want a Big Mac. Fries could be the best on this list.

5. Five Guys. It's not as if it's gross or anything. It's a good burger. Kinda sloppy, and the bun will disintegrate in the double grease before you're done. Fries are meh. The gripe I have with this place is they don't really have a default. They want you to tell them what to put on it. Cop out. Put your best foot forward, and I'll make mods as I see fit. Also, be prepared to pay as much if not more than Shake Shack.

Burger King and Carl's Jr. don't belong on any list of top anything. Pure trash.
Opinions?

I think your list is pretty spot on. I don't know about Shake Shack, as I've only eaten there a couple times, and as far as McDonalds, sub out a fresh double quarter pounder and I'd agree.

But nothing beats the double hot pepper cheese I had at Mo Club on Saturday afternoon. Nothing. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

CDAGRIZ said:

1. Chick Fil A. The original cannot be topped. Swap for spicy or deluxe if you want. Flash fried, light breading, couple of pickles, very good bun. The chicken breast itself is fantastic, and makes the sandwich. Add some CFA sauce, and you've got a stew going. The best.

2. Wendy's. Specifically the spicy chicken sandwich. This thing is awesome. Just a bit of spice, a bit of lettuce, and you're there. Add whatever condiments you want, but you won't be disappointed.

3. Popeye's. It's very good. Very good. But don't expect to do much for the rest of the day. This thing is massive, and massively breaded. It's a huge piece of fried chicken breast with some mayo on the bottom bun with two 1/4" thick pickle chips. The only thing keeping this out of the #2 slot is the quality control. In classic Popeye's fashion, when it's good, it's great. But sometimes at Popeye's, you could order one and get a fish taco (which they don't even sell).

4. KFC. This is a very serviceable sando. Like Popeye's, it's very breaded. The pickles are on top, which is strange. Opt for the spicy version, and you're almost in Popeye's land.

5. McDonald's. We all knew McD's couldn't stay out of the chicken wars for long. Their offering isn't gross, but is misses the mark. Keep in mind that it looks like they tried to copy CFA, as McD's doesn't really deep fry chicken like #3 and #4 on this list. Served in the same foil-lined pouch like CFA, the bun comes out extremely soggy, and the chicken seems half the quality of CFA. I'd honestly opt for a spicy McChicken like the olden days.

Thoughts?

Popeyes? That shit is trash. 90% breading. McDonalds chicken sand is about 1/3 the size of the picture, and of everyone else's. I'd put Sonic on this list, and probably LEAD with Carl's Jr or Jack in the Box's chicken sandwitch.

MsMaroon said:
tgreseth said:

Yup. It was my modest claim to fame on eGriz. What is left for me? What good am I? Who cares? Seriously ... who gives a red river rat's rear end? :cry: :cry: :cry:

If I could ship you one in tact, I would. It's a whole experience. Many think it's overrated because they are expecting some sort of restaurant burger. It's not. It's fast food, and they invented the drive through. If the menu looks like it's from the late 1940s, that's because it is.

In-N-Out-Burger-menu-2020-982x1024.jpg

Mousegriz said:
Cuervohola said:
Cain had Metastatic Stage 4 Cancer.
Cain died within about 10 days of getting covid......Where do you get your news?

Tons of people died that had Covid. Pretty much everybody in this Country has HAD Covid. Why are so many deaths listed as Covid? Why are people that are shot to death Covid deaths? Would you like me to continue, since you apparently only watch the Communist News Network?

Copper Griz said:
Cuervohola said:
I'm not on the Right. You can't shrink me because you don't know how to properly deploy Psychology.

Oh I am positive you have some shrinkage. For sure.

That's called Projection. Would you like me to tell you what that is?

AZGrizFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Thoughts?

Popeyes? That shit is trash. 90% breading. McDonalds chicken sand is about 1/3 the size of the picture, and of everyone else's. I'd put Sonic on this list, and probably LEAD with Carl's Jr or Jack in the Box's chicken sandwitch.

Hold up! I don't disagree about the Popeye's, but like I said, I've had good ones from there, and awful ones. I ranked based on the good. You would put Carl's and JITB OVER CFA???

AZGrizFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Thoughts?

I'd have Sonic on this list if they still had their chicken toaster sandwich. For me McDonalds is more miss than hit, and I've never had a Popeyes chicken sandwhich that wasn't over done. There is something about Cane's chicken sandwhich, while not their specialty, is very enjoyable. I almost prefer their Canes sauce to Chick Fil A. Got a little bit of a kick to it that makes it a great pair with their fries chicken and those wonder slices of garlic bread.

As a side note, Chick Fil A is now selling their sauce in bottles. You can pick up that liquid gold at your neighborhood supermarket. You can put that stuff on just about anything, and I'd venture to guess it might work well with ice cream. Just thought you all should know.

CDAGRIZ said:
AZGrizFan said:

Hold up! I don't disagree about the Popeye's, but like I said, I've had good ones from there, and awful ones. I ranked based on the good. You would put Carl's and JITB OVER CFA???

not a uuuuuuuuge CFA fan....they're growing on me tho. And agreed with ^^^^^^^ that Canes may be best of all of them. Plus, their sauce (along with the crinkle fries) is about as close to 93 Stop N Go duper fries that you're ever going to get.

Grizfan-24 said:
AZGrizFan said:

I'd have Sonic on this list if they still had their chicken toaster sandwich. For me McDonalds is more miss than hit, and I've never had a Popeyes chicken sandwhich that wasn't over done. There is something about Cane's chicken sandwhich, while not their specialty, is very enjoyable. I almost prefer their Canes sauce to Chick Fil A. Got a little bit of a kick to it that makes it a great pair with their fries chicken and those wonder slices of garlic bread.

As a side note, Chick Fil A is now selling their sauce in bottles. You can pick up that liquid gold at your neighborhood supermarket. You can put that stuff on just about anything, and I'd venture to guess it might work well with ice cream. Just thought you all should know.

Very good points. I've admittedly never tried Cane's. One kind of near me (5 miles or so) opened up about 6 months ago. Something about slapping chicken fingers on a sandwich gave me pause on trying it. A lot more surface area on the chicken and more potential for over-breading. Given your endorsement, however, I will give it a whirl someday.

Shot in the dark: Has anyone here tried Crack Shack? I'm not sure where the closest one would be to MT (maybe Vegas), but that will put hair on your back. They do all kinds of chicken sandos all with an egg on them (unless you don't want it). I think they might even have a Nashville Hot chicken option.

MsMaroon said:
tgreseth said:

Don’t forget your contributions to the literary world.

https://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=86536&p=1474234&hilit=Gulf+of+Mexico#top

If Joe Biden came out tomorrow and imposed a mandate against the covid shot, 50% of the unvaccinated would say "f*ck you Joe, you can't tell me what to do" and would rush out and get jabbed.

Griz2k said:
If Joe Biden came out tomorrow and imposed a mandate against the covid shot, 50% of the unvaccinated would say "f*ck you Joe, you can't tell me what to do" and would rush out and get jabbed.

Like when Joe and Kamala said they didn't trust the vaccine under Trump?

CDAGRIZ said:
Grizfan-24 said:

Very good points. I've admittedly never tried Cane's. One kind of near me (5 miles or so) opened up about 6 months ago. Something about slapping chicken fingers on a sandwich gave me pause on trying it. A lot more surface area on the chicken and more potential for over-breading. Given your endorsement, however, I will give it a whirl someday.

Shot in the dark: Has anyone here tried Crack Shack? I'm not sure where the closest one would be to MT (maybe Vegas), but that will put hair on your back. They do all kinds of chicken sandos all with an egg on them (unless you don't want it). I think they might even have a Nashville Hot chicken option.

I’ve not tried Crack Shack yet. But I always drive by Frugals on Higgins when I’m in Missoula but haven’t tried it yet. Has anyone tried it and is it any good compared to any of the fast food / chicken places on this list?

I was just thinking of another burger that I’ve never tried: Culver’s. Apparently, in the Upper Midwest, the have a place called Culver’s that has a thing called a “Butter Burger”. People swear by it up there. I suspect it’s because of the butter part. Kinda like how people love crab legs but they’re really just after the drawn butter. Has anyone ever tried it?

Back