• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Covid

AZGrizFan said:
Copper Griz said:
1. Marysville House Historic Restaurant has to be on the list.
2. Edgar Bar
3. Borries - Black Eagle
4. Roscoe Bar. Used to be phenomenal. Haven’t been there in a damn millennium so could have changed.
5. Red Rooster in Butte (no longer in operation).
6 Big Timber - The Grand Hotel. Bobby or Tim would have to confirm this one.
7. M&M once a year when they had the t-bone special where you waited in line with every other poor sap
8. White Fish Golf Course Club House. Yes it rocks.
9. Frontier Bar and Supper Club Shelby

Clarification. I prefer a New York Strip or Rib Eye. Filet is meh for me.

Copper, have you ever tried a bone-in filet? I had my first one a couple weeks ago at a steakhouse here in San Antonio and it was—hands down—the best steak I’ve ever eaten. :shock: :shock:

You weren’t asking me, but I had my first one at Mastro’s earlier this year. 12oz bone-in Prime filet. Blew my hair back. 10/10.

[media]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Lnm7dfsluPU[/media]

You guys (and gals) are all lemmings.

I’m down in Vegas. Played shadow creek. Nice course but a bit pretentious. I’m hanging out with VERY important people.

I’ve talked to six doctors, four athletic directors, four lawyers, two online snake salesmen, three surgeons, a couple current pro athletes, 11 former pro athletes, and we all agreed.

I’m going to wait until you guys chime in about these important people first, but then, and ONLY then….will I tell you what we all thought of CDA’s lists.

I heard from a super rich booster he thinks it was garbage because….

Well, we’ll know why when you all tell me why you think the way you think about his list and I’ll tell you why that list sucks.

CDAGRIZ said:
AZGrizFan said:
Copper, have you ever tried a bone-in filet? I had my first one a couple weeks ago at a steakhouse here in San Antonio and it was—hands down—the best steak I’ve ever eaten. :shock: :shock:

You weren’t asking me, but I had my first one at Mastro’s earlier this year. 12oz bone-in Prime filet. Blew my hair back. 10/10.

[media]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Lnm7dfsluPU[/media]

DUDE! I’m telling you, I was blown AWAY. I thought I knew steak, and in hundreds of trips to high end steakhouses I’d never ordered a bone-in filet (or ribeye, for that matter)….I don’t know what prompted me to try one, but I’m never going back. Absolutely ruined me for any other kind of steak.

3-7-77 said:
JFC! Ya'll gotta weight north of 400#, or will be after you get to be 40 y/o. Invest in suspenders now, they help you keep your pants on.

I’m not fat, 77. I’m just short for my weight. According to the charts, I should be 7’6”. :)

ilovethecats said:
You guys (and gals) are all lemmings.

I’m down in Vegas. Played shadow creek. Nice course but a bit pretentious. I’m hanging out with VERY important people.

I’ve talked to six doctors, four athletic directors, four lawyers, two online snake salesmen, three surgeons, a couple current pro athletes, 11 former pro athletes, and we all agreed.

I’m going to wait until you guys chime in about these important people first, but then, and ONLY then….will I tell you what we all thought of CDA’s lists.

I heard from a super rich booster he thinks it was garbage because….

Well, we’ll know why when you all tell me why you think the way you think about his list and I’ll tell you why that list sucks.

Did you run into Dr. Richard Doback? He went to Northwestern and John’s Hopkins, and he said this about you:
ZQ4.gif

I smoked weed with Johnny Hopkins. It was me, him, and Sloane Kettering, and they were blazing that shit up every day.

ChesterGriz said:
fanofzoo said:
Place in Ronan next to ACE ? (left side going up)
real deal

Lynn’s Drive in. I grew up on them. Try a Hazel Burger. There is nothing like a burger from the burger joint in your home town.
Can't beat a Whataburger.

Copper Griz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
I’ve always wondered what people think the Top 5 steakhouses in Montana are. Can anyone provide a list of places I should try?

2. Edgar Bar
3. Borries - Black Eagle
4. Roscoe Bar. Used to be phenomenal. Haven’t been there in a damn millennium so could have changed.
7. M&M once a year when they had the t-bone special where you waited in line with every other poor sap

The Edgar Bar is still great; with you; I prefer their NY strips. The Grizzly in Roscoe, not so much; overrated. The Rib & Chop House in Livingston is still great. Where can I get a great steak in Missoula after the 9/25 game?

ChesterGriz said:
fanofzoo said:
Place in Ronan next to ACE ? (left side going up)
real deal

Lynn’s Drive in. I grew up on them. Try a Hazel Burger. There is nothing like a burger from the burger joint in your home town.

:thumb: :thumb:

Every time I drive through.

kemajic said:
ChesterGriz said:
Can't beat a Whataburger.

:puke: :puke: :puke:

And i live in TX, so that shit is forced upon me at every turn.

kemajic said:
Copper Griz said:
2. Edgar Bar
3. Borries - Black Eagle

The Edgar Bar is still great; with you; I prefer their NY strips. The Grizzly in Roscoe, not so much; overrated. The Rib & Chop House in Livingston is still great. Where can I get a great steak in Missoula after the 9/25 game?

Well it used to be Guy’s Steakhouse down in Lolo, but he don’t own it anymore and I can’t vouch for the quality of its food now.

e-Griz Guide to the Best Burger Joints

Thanks All! Let me know if I missed anything.

1) Mo Club
2) Hudson’s
3) White Castle
4) Novasio’s
5) The m&m before it burnt. We will rebuild!
6) That place in Hamilton
7) The Billings place
8) The second time you digest the previously eaten Mo burger.
9) Lynn’s Drive-in, Ronan
10) The Beer Jug - Glendive, MT
11) Richwine’s Burgerville - Polson
13. Whataburger

On a personal note, The Beer Jug may have just become my new Eastern Montana white whale. The next Jersey Lilly.

AZGrizFan said:
ChesterGriz said:

Which is why I cried when they shut down 93 Stop N Go on Brooks. :( :(

RIP to two of my favorite places... they just don't make them like they used to...

93 Stop N Go mushroom burger and an orange cream was the best. Park your car and watch the traffic go by....

Have to add Matt's in Butte the list... great burger and shakes....

GrizTexas said:
AZGrizFan said:
:puke: :puke: :puke:

And i live in TX, so that shit is forced upon me at every turn.

Me too but for a fast food burger its by far the best...and they are open 24 hours!

But you’d think it was the 2nd coming of Ruth’s Chris the way they treat it with such reverence down here. I still prefer In-N-Out, Wendys, or a couple of smaller local joints over WAB.

I only eat bison burgers these days. I grill them on my deck. If my deck was a burger joint, I’d be on that list for sure. I like to add bacon to ensure that the burgers are not too healthy. Also, iceberg lettuce, onions and tomatoes. Ketchup. Mustard maybe. You simply must try one of my bison burgers. I especially like serving them to my North Dakota relatives. Mmmmmm.

AZGrizFan said:
GrizTexas said:
Me too but for a fast food burger its by far the best...and they are open 24 hours!

But you’d think it was the 2nd coming of Ruth’s Chris the way they treat it with such reverence down here. I still prefer In-N-Out, Wendys, or a couple of smaller local joints over WAB.

Sorry to disagree but In-N-Out in Texas tastes much different here then in California where they grew up and became the urban legend they contend to be... the Texas patties are sourced closer to the market and while acceptable just aren't the same as the melt in your mouth version served in California. To be honest here in San Antonio I prefer local as well... Chester's! And for all that will be in Frisco cheering on the Griz at the national championship Chips is great and they aren't too far from the stadium!

Back