• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Covid

One other thing. Don’t ruin a good burger with a fucking whole grain bun. Fuck that noise. White bread buns only. King’s Hawaiian if you please.

GrizTexas said:
AZGrizFan said:
But you’d think it was the 2nd coming of Ruth’s Chris the way they treat it with such reverence down here. I still prefer In-N-Out, Wendys, or a couple of smaller local joints over WAB.

Sorry to disagree but In-N-Out in Texas tastes much different here then in California where they grew up and became the urban legend they contend to be... the Texas patties are sourced closer to the market and while acceptable just aren't the same as the melt in your mouth version served in California. To be honest here in San Antonio I prefer local as well... Chester's! And for all that will be in Frisco cheering on the Griz at the national championship Chips is great and they aren't too far from the stadium!

Longhorn Cafe (Original one on Blanco)
Chesters
Chris Madrids
Cheesy Janes
Sams
Bigz
….the list is long and delicious. :thumb: :thumb:

AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
Can't beat a Whataburger.

:puke: :puke: :puke:

And i live in TX, so that shit is forced upon me at every turn.

I don't think it's necessarily bad, it's just not my flavor profile. Pretty bland. WAB reminds me of a well constructed Whopper without the fake charbroiling. Very overrated, imo. Disclaimer: I've only eaten at WAB twice, both in Austin.

does the 2 am patty melt at the old 4b's on east broadway count as a hamburger? it does to me, so that is what i'll go with for this thread. ordered with onion rings, and something that was allegedly a salad, or blue cheese dressing with some lettuce in it.

argh! said:
does the 2 am patty melt at the old 4b's on east broadway count as a hamburger? it does to me, so that is what i'll go with for this thread. ordered with onion rings, and something that was allegedly a salad, or blue cheese dressing with some lettuce in it.

2 am patty melt at a 4B's definitely qualifies as a 'burger'. A damn fine burger at that. Of course at 2 am everything is extra tasty. :ugeek:

kemajic said:
Spanky2 said:
Kem might remember Novasio’s hamburgers?
Was that the joint near downtown? I remember such a place, just not the name.

That was one of them. The original was downtown. You could pick them up at a front window or go inside. Usually got 10 or 20 in a brown bag. The grease would leak thru the bottom of the bag. Wow, we’re those hamburgers good! They were about the size of White Castle.

Only on eGriz can something as serious as a COVID thread turn into a nationwide food thread. :lol:

That said, I am following this closely as eating is my life

jodcon said:
Only on eGriz can something as serious as a COVID thread turn into a nationwide food thread. :lol:

Who the hell derailed this thing anyway! It's starting to seem like this thread doesn't even belong on the FB board anymore.

CDAGRIZ said:
jodcon said:

Who the hell derailed this thing anyway! It's starting to seem like this thread doesn't even belong on the FB board anymore.

Without looking back, I’m now getting a feeling you may have been involved. Just a hunch.

These are all nostalgic because I haven't been to any of them in at least 15 years as I have been out of state that long now...

When I was still in north Central Montana, the Cattleman's Cut just outside of Great Falls (on the Vaughn Frontage Road) used to serve up a really nice rib eye. Pan Seared Rib Eye was the way to go and it held up well against some of the other places I went. I can't vouch for it now, but a numbers of years ago it was one of the better places in Great Falls to get a steak.

Probably hands down the best burger I had in Montana was at the Fireside Inn in Sun River. A Double Cheese Burger with Bacon and Ham. Was like a Jack in the Box Bacon Ultimate but only better. I know it isn't likely there or at least that menu anyway anymore. Freshly sourced meat and incredibly flavorful bacon/ham. Makes me drool thinking about it.

Another honorable mention goes to the Spragpole Bar just over the border from Thompson Falls in Murray, Idaho. They had one of the best Grilled/Blackened T-Bones and some of the best sauteed Onions a guy could ask for.

30 odd years ago; For steaks and prime rib, The 7-Up supper club in Lincoln. But the original is long gone, I think by fire, but I could be remembering wrong.

jodcon said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Without looking back, I’m now getting a feeling you may have been involved. Just a hunch.

If I can't kill it, CDA can derail it. Works for me. ;)

CDAGRIZ said:
jodcon said:

Sure it does! Remember a player by the name of Josh Sandry? Rumor has it he's watching this board closely and laughing at all the wanna be burger joints being tossed around recklessly. For his money, the Flathead Lake Monster at Burgertown in Bigfork is the one and only.

AZGrizFan said:
GrizTexas said:
Sorry to disagree but In-N-Out in Texas tastes much different here then in California where they grew up and became the urban legend they contend to be... the Texas patties are sourced closer to the market and while acceptable just aren't the same as the melt in your mouth version served in California. To be honest here in San Antonio I prefer local as well... Chester's! And for all that will be in Frisco cheering on the Griz at the national championship Chips is great and they aren't too far from the stadium!

Longhorn Cafe (Original one on Blanco)
Chesters
Chris Madrids
Cheesy Janes
Sams
Bigz
….the list is long and delicious. :thumb: :thumb:
:thumb: Good looking list !

poorgriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Sure it does! Remember a player by the name of Josh Sandry? Rumor has it he's watching this board closely and laughing at all the wanna be burger joints being tossed around recklessly. For his money, the Flathead Lake Monster at Burgertown in Bigfork is the one and only.

And that place damned sure should be on the list. :thumb: :thumb:

We covered the best burgers and chicky-sands, how ‘bout the best pork chop sand?
1. Wop chop
2. Peppermint Patties
3. John’s
4. MT Club
5. Frozen John’s on the bbq

What happened to PR anyone know or care to guess. I heard he might have been time outed over the LG massacre thread. It’s just too quiet……………

Spanky2 said:
kemajic said:
Was that the joint near downtown? I remember such a place, just not the name.

That was one of them. The original was downtown. You could pick them up at a front window or go inside. Usually got 10 or 20 in a brown bag. The grease would leak thru the bottom of the bag. Wow, we’re those hamburgers good! They were about the size of White Castle.
Yes, I recall correctly; I was but a pup. They were all we could afford. Then in high school, Sandy's came along with their 15 cent burgers.

e-Griz Guide to the Best Burger Joints

Thanks All! Let me know if I missed anything.

1) Mo Club
2) Hudson’s
3) White Castle
4) Novasio’s
5) The m&m before it burnt. We will rebuild!
6) That place in Hamilton
7) The Billings place
8) The second time you digest the previously eaten Mo burger.
9) Lynn’s Drive-in, Ronan
10) The Beer Jug - Glendive, MT
11) Richwine’s Burgerville - Polson
13) Whataburger
14) AWF’s house, bison burger, and, you can shove your multigrain bread up your ass.
15) Chester’s in Frisco, Texas
16) 4B’s Pattie Melt
17) Fireside Inn in Sun River. 24–it was still standing when I drove by in June.
18) Burgertown in Bigfork

Ursa Major said:
e-Griz Guide to the Best Burger Joints

Thanks All! Let me know if I missed anything.

1) Mo Club
2) Hudson’s
3) White Castle
4) Novasio’s
5) The m&m before it burnt. We will rebuild!
6) That place in Hamilton
7) The Billings place
8) The second time you digest the previously eaten Mo burger.
9) Lynn’s Drive-in, Ronan
10) The Beer Jug - Glendive, MT
11) Richwine’s Burgerville - Polson
13) Whataburger
14) AWF’s house, bison burger, and, you can shove your multigrain bread up your ass.
15) Chester’s in Frisco, Texas
16) 4B’s Pattie Melt
17) Fireside Inn in Sun River. 24–it was still standing when I drove by in June.
18) Burgertown in Bigfork

In LA it's Father's Office and Fat Jacks...In South Carolina, its Sonic but people don't go for burgers when there is bbq on Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sunday morning.

Latest posts

Back