• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Cats VS Fats Predictions

HookedonGriz said:
This is not a great match up for the Cats. They haven’t faced a defense like this, yet. Everyone thought they’d be competitive last year vs bison and we see how that worked out. I’m not convinced the bison are as good this year as past years and they make more mistakes. But they are still beating literally every team they play. If this was in bozeman I think it’s closer but in the Dome I can pretty much guarantee the bison win by 14.

I just saw the released the point spreads and bison are favored by 16.5

Is “pretty much guarantee” the same as a guarantee? Because if you want to give me 14 points I’ll gladly take that. :lol:

NDSU was very beatable Saturday. But knowing their history, I'll be surprised if they put that show on two weeks in a row.

ilovethecats said:
Copper Griz said:
Cats are getting a ton of love on this board. Don’t get it to be honest. Played a soft schedule and lost to UND on the road and Sac State at home. About the only other good team they played was the Griz at home. All playoff games were at home thus far. Yes - AP clobbered Sac State, but SS was a shell of themselves due to injuries. NDSU at home is going to be very difficult. NDSU 17 - MSU 7

Have you read a post saying it wouldn’t be difficult for the Cats to win? I haven’t. We’re playing the best the league has to offer in their place. But we’re a different team than we were in October. We’ve played 6 games since then and have been MUCH better.

NDSU couldn’t score a td yesterday at home. Should I assume they suck and we’ll kill them because of that?

It’s gonna be a very tough game. To win we’ll have to play great in all phases.

Umm, are you a wee bit testy today. I get it is probably that time of month, but I called it as I saw it. If you don’t like the opinion you can spoon with BigSky33 or some other kitten fan. You are on the Griz board. Get over yourself and stay the hell away from the Cat nip.

Copper Griz said:
ilovethecats said:
Copper Griz said:
Cats are getting a ton of love on this board. Don’t get it to be honest. Played a soft schedule and lost to UND on the road and Sac State at home. About the only other good team they played was the Griz at home. All playoff games were at home thus far. Yes - AP clobbered Sac State, but SS was a shell of themselves due to injuries. NDSU at home is going to be very difficult. NDSU 17 - MSU 7

Have you read a post saying it wouldn’t be difficult for the Cats to win? I haven’t. We’re playing the best the league has to offer in their place. But we’re a different team than we were in October. We’ve played 6 games since then and have been MUCH better.

NDSU couldn’t score a td yesterday at home. Should I assume they suck and we’ll kill them because of that?

Umm, are you a wee bit testy today. I get it is probably that time of month, but I called it as I saw it. If you don’t like the opinion you can spoon with BigSky33 or some other kitten fan. You are on the Griz board. Get over yourself and stay the hell away from the Cat nip.

That was me being testy? :eek:

Copper Griz said:
ilovethecats said:
Copper Griz said:

I'm not sure I"m following your reasoning. Sac was damn good when MSU played them & Sac crushed the Griz, a great team this year. Cats (so far) are 2/1 against the top 8 teams in the country: Beat the griz, beat Austin Peah, lost to Sac. Next week they play their fourth game against the top 8. To continue to say they played a soft schedule is soft headed. 4 games against the top 8 teams! The UND loss was a catalyst for MSU to open up to offense and catch defenses loading the box. More passing & runs to the perimeter were installed and with great impact. Cats are getting a ton of love because they're damn good and are punishing opponents. Cats are gettin a ton of love because they've averaged 348 yards against the griz during the streak, when everyone - even those who never played the game! - knew they were going to line up and run right at the griz.

NDSU is good - perhaps down this year, but undefeated and still #1. They haven't looked great the last couple of weeks, but this is a home game. Cats win if they win turnover margin and can run against the Bison. I think to rely on Rovig to have time to hit those long passes up the sideline is pure folly, and I don't expect the Cats to abandon the run game regardless. This is far and away the best team MSU has faced since they were pummeled by them last year. I hope they can compete, and it would be great if they knocked NSDU off in their house.

I'll never root for the Strays, period. I can't stand the Fake Buffalo either, but considering they are just taking what they are given in the ranking and the pansy schedule and playing in tropical weather etc, I can't blame them for that.

They do remind me of people that call themselves Lumberjacks, but don't have any evidence on their Calgon take me away smooth lotion-ey hands.

20-17 Strays, 3 OT after the heat goes out in the dome, rendering the Bison inoperable due to the freezing 65 degrees.

As my favorite quotable football coach Bob Green would say......"Its kinda like watching your mother in law go over the cliff in a Cadillac....I've got mixed feelings"

Thats basically how I'll feel watching someone win this game.

Hoping the Cats win, looking at the 5D point spread. Cats 14 1/2 point underdog, this surprised me a little bit.

1972 said:
Hoping the Cats win, looking at the 5D point spread. Cats 14 1/2 point underdog, this surprised me a little bit.

Sheesh! Are they playing eight quarters or something?

1972 said:

NDSU spreads are always high. They’re a dominant program and in terms of FCS football get a lot of action. No one around the country knows anything about our level. But most have at least HEARD of North Dakota St.

I’ve paid attention to their lines the last couple years and I’d say they are always 7-10 points higher than what the line should be. It has to be if you want anyone to spend money. Last week they were 24.5 point favorites, won by 6. Currently they are about 2 td favorites which i’d take as a cat fan all day long. Which is the point.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see that line closer to 10-13 by kickoff.

NDSU by 20+

Besides the Griz (a rival at home) the bobcats haven’t beaten a good team. They’ve had a cakewalk playoff schedule and lost to every decent team they played during the regular season...

I’d love to see MSU pull it off, but I don’t think it will be close...

marceagfan5 said:
NDSU by 20+

Besides the Griz (a rival at home) the bobcats haven’t beaten a good team. They’ve had a cakewalk playoff schedule and lost to every decent team they played during the regular season...

I’d love to see MSU pull it off, but I don’t think it will be close...

This all day.

Cats 10
Fats 31

Cats have peaked at the right time. Beezone are vulnerable.

Cats 24
Beezone 21

Cats go on to win their first title since 1985 (?). Good for them and great for the Big Sky.

Back