• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

"Caitlyn Jenner says she opposes transgender girls competing in girls’ sports"

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Can we include aliens in that? I’m terrified that my kids will have to play against aliens in the next 10 years. Ban them!

And time travelers? I wouldn’t want a transgendered Joe DiMaggio (Jolting Jane) taking my daughter’s little league centerfield position.

The last thing my 10 year old daughter needs is a teammate drinking coffee and smoking in the dugout while bragging about banging Marilyn Monroe.
This made me laugh! Well played.

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Can we include aliens in that? I’m terrified that my kids will have to play against aliens in the next 10 years. Ban them!

And time travelers? I wouldn’t want a transgendered Joe DiMaggio (Jolting Jane) taking my daughter’s little league centerfield position.

The last thing my 10 year old daughter needs is a teammate drinking coffee and smoking in the dugout while bragging about banging Marilyn Monroe.

Those of us in the stand-up game know: when watching other comics play, a chuckle gets a :lol:, a laugh gets a :clap:, a truly funny bit gets a head nod.

This is a:
SpryArcticJunebug-max-1mb.gif

HelenaHandBasket said:
tourist said:
OK, how would YOU address it?

Well, I probably would have both sides sit down with representatives from different levels of athletics throughout the state and listened to what they have to say. From there, I would have these groups work through the issue, to see if an amicable solution could be found. I am sure there is some middle ground that all would be agreeable. There was no need for the State Legislature to pass this bill at this time, they just jumped to the extreme end of the process. My question is why were they so willing to jump to that point without taking the time to consider both groups?

I certainly am not a political junkie. Bores the hell out if me. I looked through the process this bill went through. First considered Feb. 17 in the House Judiciary Committee, and amended and amended, finally passed the third reading, then sent to the Senate. Judiciary Committee amended it again. Passed third reading, and sent back to the House Conference Committee to resolve differences in the bill. Committee concurred, sent it back to the Senate, which passed it and sent it to printing/enrolling April 23., April 23, received by Governor May 4.

To even imply that this has been rushed through is laughable. It was considered and amended and voted on for 66 days. Anyone could have addressed the committees considering this bill, and brought up the horses, aliens, time travelers, and various age related issues, which have been so eloquently expressed on this site. Maybe you various posters did indeed do just that.
This bill has been addressed by many, and argued to death, but not rushed through. There was no need to study the matter to death, for two years, which some prefer when the decisions don't go the way they prefer. That is just a delaying tactic, a political ploy to gain talking points, and organize resistance. Same result for the last 16 years, pass the bill, send it to Schweitzer or Bullock who vetoes it. The question is, does Gianforte sign the bill, and remain a BULL, or does he lose his balls and become another Bullock? :lol:

SaskGriz said:
Ursa Major said:

This made me laugh! Well played.

Funny! This topic needed some levity.

Just a few thoughts from a leader of Soldiers, and the father of a very talented young lady:

1. Anyone who volunteers to serve in our Army is worthy of respect...including those who are transgender. I have no fear or apprehension about this.

2. Men outperform women in nearly every physical task in our Army by a large margin. We do have some very exceptional women who are exceptions. But, both genders can accomplish the mission.

3. My daughter has spent countless hours achieving All State honors in Volleyball and track. She own school and district hurdle records, and is a State Champion Pole Vaulter, and relay team member.

4. She should absolutely NOT have to compete against a biological male. She would lose to the vast majority of them. That is just a fact.

What about her? Is she worthy of any woke empathy?

tourist said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Well, I probably would have both sides sit down with representatives from different levels of athletics throughout the state and listened to what they have to say. From there, I would have these groups work through the issue, to see if an amicable solution could be found. I am sure there is some middle ground that all would be agreeable. There was no need for the State Legislature to pass this bill at this time, they just jumped to the extreme end of the process. My question is why were they so willing to jump to that point without taking the time to consider both groups?

I certainly am not a political junkie. Bores the hell out if me. I looked through the process this bill went through. First considered Feb. 17 in the House Judiciary Committee, and amended and amended, finally passed the third reading, then sent to the Senate. Judiciary Committee amended it again. Passed third reading, and sent back to the House Conference Committee to resolve differences in the bill. Committee concurred, sent it back to the Senate, which passed it and sent it to printing/enrolling April 23., April 23, received by Governor May 4.

To even imply that this has been rushed through is laughable. It was considered and amended and voted on for 66 days. Anyone could have addressed the committees considering this bill, and brought up the horses, aliens, time travelers, and various age related issues, which have been so eloquently expressed on this site. Maybe you various posters did indeed do just that.
This bill has been addressed by many, and argued to death, but not rushed through. There was no need to study the matter to death, for two years, which some prefer when the decisions don't go the way they prefer. That is just a delaying tactic, a political ploy to gain talking points, and organize resistance. Same result for the last 16 years, pass the bill, send it to Schweitzer or Bullock who vetoes it. The question is, does Gianforte sign the bill, and remain a BULL, or does he lose his balls and become another Bullock? :lol:

Not sure I ever said it was rushed. What I said is that they failed to fully approach and get involvement from the athletic associations at both the high school and college levels to work on solutions that would help everyone involved. So many want empathy for the female athlete, but what about empathy for the trans-gender athlete? This bill was unnecessary solution to a problem that doesn't really exist and could have been nipped in the bud by working with others for a viable option.

HHB, save your breath. Everyone that agrees with this bill only cares about the female athlete. They could care less about the trans-gender athletes and hope this bill will just make them go away. They don't really want a solution that fixes the trans-gender issue, just a solution for the female athlete issue.

Box, you are an artist, painting with a 4" brush. 'Everyone' and 'they,' the infamous they. I think a lot of us are 'guilty' of this, though. I plead guilty.

grizindabox said:
HHB, save your breath. Everyone that agrees with this bill only cares about the female athlete. They could care less about the trans-gender athletes and hope this bill will just make them go away. They don't really want a solution that fixes the trans-gender issue, just a solution for the female athlete issue.

And, you are a trans crusader...we know already. Clearly not a dad to a female athlete...

My post stands on its own...I have empathy on both sides...just happen to have a daughter who is very talented.

HelenaHandBasket said:
tourist said:

Not sure I ever said it was rushed. What I said is that they failed to fully approach and get involvement from the athletic associations at both the high school and college levels to work on solutions that would help everyone involved. So many want empathy for the female athlete, but what about empathy for the trans-gender athlete? This bill was unnecessary solution to a problem that doesn't really exist and could have been nipped in the bud by working with others for a viable option.

Please list your woke options....

SoldierGriz said:
grizindabox said:

And, you are a trans crusader...we know already. Clearly not a dad to a female athlete...

My post stands on its own...I have empathy on both sides...just happen to have a daughter who is very talented.

So you believe this bill is beneficial to trans-gender athletes too, or just to female athletes? I am a dad to a female athlete, and I totally understand it from that point of view, but what about the parents of trans-gender athletes? This bill doesn't seem to care about them and their children.

SoldierGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Please list your woke options....

Well, it would seem the easiest option would be for a third classification. But you do realize, that even with Montana passing this bill, there are states and organizations like the NCAA that will still allow it. So your daughter will still possibly have to compete against trans athletes. Wouldn't it have made more since to get the NCAA and other larger organizations involved on a bigger scale to work on an amicable solution.

SoldierGriz wrote: ↑Wed May 05, 2021 3:43 pm

What about her? Is she worthy of any empathy?

Like this whole thread just too f...ing funny. So you want empathy for your daughter who hasn't lost to a trans athlete and odds are never will because at this point the odds of encountering one are miniscule. Do you have empathy for females who get paid less for equal work, don't have adequate or affordable health care, don't have adequate resources to pay for child care, have to live in a white male dominated society who make the rules on what they can and can't do with bodies? Of course you don't because Sean and Tucker and Donald tell you those are "woke" issues and you believe them. But they are real problems that politicians on both sides need to address but don't because they spend all their time on shit like this. So I'll have empathy for your daughter when a cougar knocks her off her trail run and mates her which is more likely to happen than her getting getting beat by a transgender athlete. Until then I guess she will just have to go without my empathy and I'm sure she will survive just fine.

The only thing about this topic that is football or FCS related is the chance that the Griz, and possibly the cats, may lose home playoff opportunities because of the bill but a more than a few of you don't seem to even care about that. Mods should have moved this to political bs long ago but it appears at least one is too heavily invested in the bullshit side of the issue to do the right thing.

sdk.catfish said:

Like this whole thread just too f...ing funny. So you want empathy for your daughter who hasn't lost to a trans athlete and odds are never will because at this point the odds of encountering one are miniscule. Do you have empathy for females who get paid less for equal work, don't have adequate or affordable health care, don't have adequate resources to pay for child care, have to live in a white male dominated society who make the rules on what they can and can't do with bodies? Of course you don't because Sean and Tucker and Donald tell you those are "woke" issues and you believe them. But they are real problems that politicians on both sides need to address but don't because they spend all their time on shit like this. So I'll have empathy for your daughter when a cougar knocks her off her trail run and mates her which is more likely to happen than her getting getting beat by a transgender athlete. Until then I guess she will just have to go without my empathy and I'm sure she will survive just fine.

The only thing about this topic that is football or FCS related is the chance that the Griz, and possibly the cats, may lose home playoff opportunities because of the bill but a more than a few of you don't seem to even care about that. Mods should have moved this to political bs long ago but it appears at least one is too heavily invested in the bullshit side of the issue to do the right thing.
This might be the first time I’ve ever applauded a cat fan in my life :clap: :clap: :clap:

sdk.catfish said:

Nope. Just have a daughter and desire fairness for her and those like her...that's it.

grizindabox said:
SoldierGriz said:

So you believe this bill is beneficial to trans-gender athletes too, or just to female athletes? I am a dad to a female athlete, and I totally understand it from that point of view, but what about the parents of trans-gender athletes? This bill doesn't seem to care about them and their children.

I do have empathy for both sides...my barometer is fairness. No one is prohibiting trans athletes from competing...but, women will absolutely be disadvantaged by allowing biological men to compete against them. Sure, it may not happen to my daughter, but it will and has happened to someone's.

The solution is simple...compete as you were born.

My wokeness for young women is apparently not adequate for the current crusade...but keep sailing box.

SoldierGriz said:
grizindabox said:

I do have empathy for both sides...my barometer is fairness. No one is prohibiting trans athletes from competing...but, women will absolutely be disadvantaged by allowing biological men to compete against them. Sure, it may not happen to my daughter, but it will and has happened to someone's.

The solution is simple...compete as you were born.

My wokeness for young women is apparently not adequate for the current crusade...but keep sailing box.

My point, I think there is a way for trans gender athletes to compete that isn't against females and doesn't have to be based on birth sex, but can be based on identity. That is not showing much empathy by forcing them to compete against males when they are at a disadvantage just like females are by them. This bill is an extreme knee jerk reaction.

But I am done commenting on this, as there is really no point because it isn't going to change any minds here.

SoldierGriz
eGriz Club
Wed May 05, 2021 6:39 pm

My wokeness for young women is apparently not

Possibly Soldier you should have added after young women "or any woman, any transgender woman or man" and just ended it there.

Back