• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

"Caitlyn Jenner says she opposes transgender girls competing in girls’ sports"

tourist said:
Look between your legs, you're either a male or a female. End of argument.

I tried this, but I’m still having difficulty coming up with a clear answer. Anyone mind if I post a pic and start a pole poll?

sdk.catfish said:
SoldierGriz
eGriz Club
Wed May 05, 2021 6:39 pm

My wokeness for young women is apparently not

Possibly Soldier you should have added after young women "or any woman, any transgender woman or man" and just ended it there.

Like I said...my wokeness is insufficient for the fringe where you are a flag bearer. Supporting young women used to be honorable...SMH.

From the time of Froid to May 25, 2019, transgender thought and action was classified as a mental illness by the great WHO. It still is a mental illness, just not called that by authorities wishing woke status rewards. Sex assignment surgery was always considered medically necessary for hermaphrodites, and sex reassignment surgery mutillation. Today's woke changes in this area are not based in science but folding under PC pressures. Seems like a perfect scenario for justifying unfair competion rules discriminating against young females athletes. Call me all the names you want but if you are born a duck, you are a duck, not a chicken.

horribilisfan8184 said:
From the time of Froid to May 25, 2019, transgender thought and action was classified as a mental illness by the great WHO. It still is a mental illness, just not called that by authorities wishing woke status rewards. Sex assignment surgery was always considered medically necessary for hermaphrodites, and sex reassignment surgery mutillation. Today's woke changes in this area are not based in science but folding under PC pressures. Seems like a perfect scenario for justifying unfair competion rules discriminating against young females athletes. Call me all the names you want but if you are born a duck, you are a duck, not a chicken.

Great show last night, Tucker! :thumb: :clap: I’m sure Dr. Froid would have been pleased.

I think everybody is missing the point.

Despite all the PC and woke language being employed by some posters, their real aim is to humiliate, marginalize and ultimately criminalize transgender people.

In other words, they want to cancel transgender people.

Let’s be real.

I realize we live in the world of social media and most can’t wait to express every single daily thought they have on Facebook. In the hope of elevating this discussion, how about this question?

How will this play out? What is the endgame for transgendered athletes in 5 or 10 years?

Will American society follow it’s trend of the past150 years of granting more freedoms and rights for specific groups that are unable to participate in social activities (e.g. women’s suffrage, Black segregation, gay marriage) or will it protect the majorities ability to not allow a minority group to engage in those activities (e.g. bigamy)?

Ursa Major said:
I realize we live in the world of social media and most can’t wait to express every single daily thought they have on Facebook. In the hope of elevating this discussion, how about this question?

How will this play out? What is the endgame for transgendered athletes in 5 or 10 years?

Will American society follow it’s trend of the past150 years of granting more freedoms and rights for specific groups that are unable to participate in social activities (e.g. women’s suffrage, Black segregation, gay marriage) or will it protect the majorities ability to not allow a minority group to engage in those activities (e.g. bigamy)?

Except in this case no one is prohibiting their participation...

The only "victims" in this absurd woke moment is young women.

AllWeatherFan said:
I think everybody is missing the point.

Despite all the PC and woke language being employed by some posters, their real aim is to humiliate, marginalize and ultimately criminalize transgender people.

In other words, they want to cancel transgender people.

Let’s be real.

Nope. I will welcome transgendered troops into my unit with open arms. No issue.

Let's be real.

SoldierGriz said:
Ursa Major said:

So how do you think this will be resolved by our society in 5 or 10 years?

Put it on the medical authorization form for sex hormone therapy and sex change operations: "I hereby acknowledge that after treatment I will still be allowed to participate in amateur and professional sports with and against members of the same sex as my birth, but not with or against members of the opposite sex unless the sport allows competition between members of both sexes."

It makes no difference for women and men to directly compete in handicapped sports such as bowling, golf or horse racing because the handicap system equalizes differences in ability (and size) between all participants. That is not possible in team sports or non-handicapped individual sports.

It is both a fairness and safety issue--no different than the universally accepted limiting of competition by age within the sexes. Why not let a 15 year old boy who identifies as an 8 year old play football with the 8 year old boys? Or a 15 year old boy who identifies as an 8 year old girl play soccer with 8 year old girls? I'm telling you slippery slope deniers this is coming to a "woke" society near you. BTW I'm having lunch with Tucker this afternoon.

SoldierGriz

Like I said...my wokeness is insufficient for the fringe where you are a flag bearer.

Nope, that's not me. I have no opinion, or solutions on transgender athletes because I don't waste a whole lot of time thinking about things that aren't a problem. Co-ed softball seems to have figured it out so there are possible solutions out there I guess.

I only have two issues. The first is if this non-issue costs the Griz home playoff games because that wouldn't be "fair" (your term) and also costs the community economy millions.

My second issue is with people who raise up fragile Francines that apparently will suffer long term trauma and mental illness if they are beat in some high school athletic competition by a man or transgender. It may not be "fair" but believe me that is going to happen down the road in other life competitions to your precious Francine.

horribilisfan8184 said:
Put it on the medical authorization form for sex hormone therapy and sex change operations: "I hereby acknowledge that after treatment I will still be allowed to participate in amateur and professional sports with and against members of the same sex as my birth, but not with or against members of the opposite sex unless the sport allows competition between members of both sexes."

It makes no difference for women and men to directly compete in handicapped sports such as bowling, golf or horse racing because the handicap system equalizes differences in ability (and size) between all participants. That is not possible in team sports or non-handicapped individual sports.

It is both a fairness and safety issue--no different than the universally accepted limiting of competition by age within the sexes. Why not let a 15 year old boy who identifies as an 8 year old play football with the 8 year old boys? Or a 15 year old boy who identifies as an 8 year old girl play soccer with 8 year old girls? I'm telling you slippery slope deniers this is coming to a "woke" society near you. BTW I'm having lunch with Tucker this afternoon.

Tell him I miss the bow ties!

Do you think this use of a medical authorization form that limits a transgendered person to playing sports only as their gender at birth is how our society will solve this in the next 5-10 years?

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Can we include aliens in that? I’m terrified that my kids will have to play against aliens in the next 10 years. Ban them!

And time travelers? I wouldn’t want a transgendered Joe DiMaggio (Jolting Jane) taking my daughter’s little league centerfield position.

The last thing my 10 year old daughter needs is a teammate drinking coffee and smoking in the dugout while bragging about banging Marilyn Monroe.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

SoldierGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Not sure I ever said it was rushed. What I said is that they failed to fully approach and get involvement from the athletic associations at both the high school and college levels to work on solutions that would help everyone involved. So many want empathy for the female athlete, but what about empathy for the trans-gender athlete? This bill was unnecessary solution to a problem that doesn't really exist and could have been nipped in the bud by working with others for a viable option.

Please list your woke options....

For a guy who doesn't watch cable news, wtf does "woke" mean, and why does the right keep using it?

EverettGriz said:
SoldierGriz said:
Please list your woke options....

For a guy who doesn't watch cable news, wtf does "woke" mean, and why does the right keep using it?

You know what it means...go look outside - you live among the wokest folks in the world...

Ursa Major said:
SoldierGriz said:

So how do you think this will be resolved by our society in 5 or 10 years?

Who knows...Nation is trending toward division in many, many ways.

Actually, that’s not true. The nation has always been divided, in fact, usually far more divided. Read some Jon Meacham.

Back