• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2023-24 Expectations

How will Griz Finish the season?

• National Champions

Votes: 10 11.6%
  • BSC Champions

Votes: 18 20.9%
  • BRAWL Winners

Votes: 42 48.8%
  • Semifinalists

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Quarterfinalists

Votes: 32 37.2%
  • Out in first round

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Miss playoffs

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • bobcats Suck

Votes: 44 51.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bok_Choi said:
SoldierGriz said:
So, Griz Nation now knows the full coaching staff, Vlidak is QB1 and KB is QB2. Depth is unknown for the most part.

O-Line is intact, RBs are solid but questions about WR, D-line and secondary.

Anyone want to change their votes?

Fans who expect semi-final appearance - stand by that vote?

Four practices into spring ball and anyone has a solid read on anything? Not likely. but bobby has already announced things are changing, and besides the players, no one is going to see what those changes are until they show up in September. How you could have a sense of where he lands it? I am hopeful that we'll skip the presser where it's announced that it's the best team ever, again.

More than any year in recent memory, it's about what happens around the conference. Five new coaches - so you have to hope that they all don't turn out like Idaho. Bozeman is still the class of the conference until they're not. No one expected them to be as successful last season because they were starting over on the o & d-lines but somehow, they managed. Davis and Weebs likely stay very competitive. The fighting Barneys and Bests are tough calls, though I expect them to show up.

Even for the speculation on a message board, way too soon to determine if there's anything to be upset over or happy about.

True, but this poll was started prior to coaches settling in and we have at least a small amount of info from spring ball. Just seeing if anyone has a different opinion at this point.

CDAGRIZ said:
SoldierGriz said:
So, Griz Nation now knows the full coaching staff, Vlidak is QB1 and KB is QB2. Depth is unknown for the most part.

O-Line is intact, RBs are solid but questions about WR, D-line and secondary.

Anyone want to change their votes?

Fans who expect semi-final appearance - stand by that vote?

I expect to lose every game because I think it makes me seem badass and edgy. I could do a way better job than this coaching staff and I hate everything. Mom is making pizza rolls.

I know both badass and edgy. They are good dudes - winners.

Mmmm, pizza rolls!

SoldierGriz said:
Bok_Choi said:
Four practices into spring ball and anyone has a solid read on anything? Not likely. but bobby has already announced things are changing, and besides the players, no one is going to see what those changes are until they show up in September. How you could have a sense of where he lands it? I am hopeful that we'll skip the presser where it's announced that it's the best team ever, again.

More than any year in recent memory, it's about what happens around the conference. Five new coaches - so you have to hope that they all don't turn out like Idaho. Bozeman is still the class of the conference until they're not. No one expected them to be as successful last season because they were starting over on the o & d-lines but somehow, they managed. Davis and Weebs likely stay very competitive. The fighting Barneys and Bests are tough calls, though I expect them to show up.

Even for the speculation on a message board, way too soon to determine if there's anything to be upset over or happy about.

True, but this poll was started prior to coaches settling in and we have at least a small amount of info from spring ball. Just seeing if anyone has a different opinion at this point.

I was very positive before. Now, even more positive. Everything I’ve heard coming from the team has been positive so far, although limited.

SoldierGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
I expect to lose every game because I think it makes me seem badass and edgy. I could do a way better job than this coaching staff and I hate everything. Mom is making pizza rolls.

Mmmm, pizza rolls!

Pssh, I don’t even like pizza rolls. They’re dumb and overrated. Everyone acting like the pizza rolls are going to be good is an idiot. Everyone sucks except me.

CDAGRIZ said:
SoldierGriz said:

Mmmm, pizza rolls!

Pssh, I don’t even like pizza rolls. They’re dumb and overrated. Everyone acting like the pizza rolls are going to be good is an idiot. Everyone sucks except me.

We can no longer be eGriz friends. Pizza Rolls are a food group in my book. You, sir, are blocked.

mthoopsfan said:
SoldierGriz said:

I was very positive before. Now, even more positive. Everything I’ve heard coming from the team has been positive so far, although limited.

So, chipper appearance?

SoldierGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

We can no longer be eGriz friends. Pizza Rolls are a food group in my book. You, sir, are blocked.

Hahaha!! Touché.

CDAGRIZ said:
SoldierGriz said:

Mmmm, pizza rolls!

I fu-king love pizza rolls but I’ve often been accused of wearing pizza roll colored glasses by my friends.

alabamagrizzly said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I fu-king love pizza rolls but I’ve often been accused of wearing pizza roll colored glasses by my friends.

I just don't think the people in charge at Totino's have what it takes to make a good pizza roll. They're all pretty washed up, the recipe hasn't changed in forever, and they can't seem to develop a decent pepperoni in house. Trader Joe's is now the pizza roll to beat.
Don't worry, I will let you know the above using different words every time I get the chance.

alabamagrizzly said:
bigsky33 said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Time for a reality check CDA. MSU is dominating UM all the way around these days. UM are the lil' bro(s) until they can prove otherwise. Cats embarrassed UM in football this year and domintated the Griz in both men and womens basketball. You are living in a long past!

So you can have a pass this one time on how this big bro/little bro thing works since you’re so new to being good at something. One just doesn’t simply become big bro after being little bro and totally dominated for 100+ years. Ya you’ve had a nice little run the last 4-5 years but it’s not gonna last and 100+ years of domination doesn’t get erased by one little four game winning streak. I know as little bro, it’s hard for you to understand this. That’s why I’m giving you this proper exclamation of how us kicking you around for a 100+ years will faaaarrrrr out way your cute little run of the last 4 years or so. You are and always will be little bro.

You are dwelling in the past. What have the Griz done lately? Has it been over a decade? You have young kids out there about to be teenagers that have never seen a dominant Griz team.

alabamagrizzly said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I’ve heard folks go as far as claiming that pizza roles have no ‘swagger.’ Heresy! I don’t care if pizza roles have never won a conference championship, I’m still a loyal fan.

mthoopsfan said:
poorgriz said:
Let’s just say it is a very, very good time to be a Bobcat. I’m not saying um will never recover, but the difference in leadership at the two universities is staggering. Even if they cleaned house and started over with new leadership at the top, it would probably take 20 years for um to get back to the point where they can compete with MSU in well….. about anything.

I’d rather have Bodnar as president. Many people who have to work with the MSU president don’t like her. Never have.

Bodnar running the school like a failing business

BozAngelesGriz said:
alabamagrizzly said:

I’ve heard folks go as far as claiming that pizza roles have no ‘swagger.’ Heresy! I don’t care if pizza roles have never won a conference championship, I’m still a loyal fan.

At least pizza rolls can kick!

SoldierGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

My brotha. :thumb: :thumb:

SoldierGriz said:
BozAngelesGriz said:

At least pizza rolls can kick!

Doubt it. It’s been over a decade since they’ve kicked anything meaningful, yet Totino’s keeps rolling out the same damn thing every quarter expecting EPS to magically increase. I honestly can’t think of one good thing to say about Totino’s Pizza Rolls, so I’m just going to do this more.

BozAngelesGriz said:
alabamagrizzly said:

It’s complacent pizza roll fans like you that will ensure no changes will be made. I am not ok with pizza roll mediocrity because I’m a total badass.

griznative24 said:
mthoopsfan said:
I’d rather have Bodnar as president. Many people who have to work with the MSU president don’t like her. Never have.

I liked the appt. of Bodnar. He is doing a good job. However, have to disagree with Hoops. Cruzado has done an exceptional job. Overall, she is well liked. Good leaders have to make tough decisions sometimes and not everyone is going to like it. If everyone likes you, I think that is when you have a problem. Cruzado makes the tough decisions and has had excellent results. MSU is very fortunate to have her as President.

bigsky33 said:
griznative24 said:

I liked the appt. of Bodnar. He is doing a good job. However, have to disagree with Hoops. Cruzado has done an exceptional job. Overall, she is well liked. Good leaders have to make tough decisions sometimes and not everyone is going to like it. If everyone likes you, I think that is when you have a problem. Cruzado makes the tough decisions and has had excellent results. MSU is very fortunate to have her as President.

Everybody I’ve talked to about it didn’t have much nice to say. I’ve heard rumblings that she is disrespectful.

CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:

Everybody I’ve talked to about it didn’t have much nice to say. I’ve heard rumblings that she is disrespectful.

You heard wrong! :lol: You should stick to pizza rolls!

bigsky33 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

You heard wrong! :lol: You should stick to pizza rolls!

No, it’s correct that that’s what I’ve heard from all I’ve spoken to about her. Bad vibes is what I’ve been told. Unfortunate if true.

Back