• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2023-24 Expectations

How will Griz Finish the season?

• National Champions

Votes: 10 11.6%
  • BSC Champions

Votes: 18 20.9%
  • BRAWL Winners

Votes: 42 48.8%
  • Semifinalists

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Quarterfinalists

Votes: 32 37.2%
  • Out in first round

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Miss playoffs

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • bobcats Suck

Votes: 44 51.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Raider said:
This is exactly why no good posters post on e-griz anymore.

I’ll be back next week with a new screen name and I better see some football discussion!

Ooooh! Or what? You'll leave? :roll: :lol
I've been around eGriz for a long time, in one username or another. Not as long as you have, but you have come off negatively, IMO. I see the username 'Raider' and UGH! I tune you OUT. Here's a quote, and some advice from a third party. I know, take your advice and stick it, right? That's you. Pity.

https://reflectandrespond.com/dont-raise-your-voice-improve-your-argument/
“Don’t raise your voice, improve your argument.” --DESMOND TUTU
"Well as much as arguing sounds like a bad thing, it actually can be a good thing as the opportunity can help us improve.

Its natural for us to always want to win the fight or argument, right? Well when trying to “win,” we tend to try and dominate the other person by showing that we are bigger, or louder. This isn’t a good thing! Instead of trying to be super dominant, we should try to prove our argument’s validity and use real evidence to prove that we are right.

Let’ say if you and I get into an argument on which ice cream flavor is more popular … and you say chocolate and I say vanilla.

Instead of fighting we can try to prove to each other why each of us is right with a better argument or even better backed by some fact or data.

I encourage you next time you find your self in such a situation, to take a pause and reflect.

Calmly try to make people understand your perspective and you relate to their as well."

mthoopsfan said:
Dmontanagrizzlies said:
:lol:
Since you like facts and results, take a little time and do a history tour. Don't forget UM was originally MSU. So, no matter how you want to take in your bias, you're the sloppy second of little brother. At least you had that 1 title appearance, that you can hold onto.

MSU has been strong in student enrollment. 1-1 against Griz in football in past 2 seasons. Cat men and women swept hoops this season, but not ever previously. Cat women didn’t win any hoops games at tourney, just like the LG. Cat men beat Griz by 3 and 4 points. I’m not sure this equals crushing the Griz at hardly anything.

Griz cheer and dance teams are better and prettier. MSU has worse and colder weather. MSU crushes and slushes there. Bozeman house price are higher. It crushes Missoula there.

MSU does have a lot of troll and unknowledgeable posters. They do crush UM there.

Missoula has more and better bars. MSU has a better ag Dept.

Poor, how are the Cats doing at crushing the Griz in football attendance and football revenue? How about in men's and women's basketball attendance? I don't see any crushing going on there.

I assume MSU is still crushing UM in using state funds for athletics. True?

mthoopsfan said:
mthoopsfan said:
MSU has been strong in student enrollment. 1-1 against Griz in football in past 2 seasons. Cat men and women swept hoops this season, but not ever previously. Cat women didn’t win any hoops games at tourney, just like the LG. Cat men beat Griz by 3 and 4 points. I’m not sure this equals crushing the Griz at hardly anything.

Griz cheer and dance teams are better and prettier. MSU has worse and colder weather. MSU crushes and slushes there. Bozeman house price are higher. It crushes Missoula there.

MSU does have a lot of troll and unknowledgeable posters. They do crush UM there.

Missoula has more and better bars. MSU has a better ag Dept.

Poor, how are the Cats doing at crushing the Griz in football attendance and football revenue? How about in men's and women's basketball attendance? I don't see any crushing going on there.

MSU dominates um in almost all sports, enrollment, pretty much every measurable metric. Period. That will continue unless um cleans house and brings in all new leadership from the top down.

poorgriz said:
mthoopsfan said:

MSU dominates um in almost all sports, enrollment, pretty much every measurable metric. Period. That will continue unless um cleans house and brings in all new leadership from the top down.

So, leadership that looks the other way?

poorgriz said:
mthoopsfan said:

UM leads MSU in attendance and athletic revenue. Those categories are huge. Also, gameday atmosphere is much better in Missoula than in Bozeman. The Cats have advanced farther in the football playoffs the past 2 years, but then they get crushed. Cat women were one and done at Big Sky tourney. In my view, MSU is not dominating in anything other than enrollment. The Cat football team has gotten to the championship once since 1984. UM has gotten to the championship game about a half dozen times.

UM has produced 28 Rhodes Scholars. MSU has produced 11. I think the 2 last ones for MSU were not from Montana.

CDAGRIZ said:
poorgriz said:

...the other way when boozy coach gets DUI #3...
...the other way when players abuse PEDs...
...the other way when___________________________(fill in the blank)

I thought that was a setter move, CDA. There must be volleyball somewhere in your background.

SoldierGriz said:
horribilisfan8184 said:
If I remember the watered down Griz beat a ranked PAC 12 team on the road a year and a half ago.

What does this have to do with a watered down FCS...it has been happening forever.

Teams that have departed:

Marshall, Western Kentucky, Georgia State, Appy State, JMU, Sam Houston, Georgia Southern, Coastal Carolina, Liberty, Jacksonville State...among others.

If you don't believe the FCS is watered down relative to the past, I don't think you're paying attention.

Sorry for dragging up a month old thread as an outsider. As a Marshall fan who's school left IAA 26 years ago, here is what I see now. I think the term "Watered Down" is the wrong term. Since NDSU has won the championship 9 of the last 12 years (Only JMU in 2016, Sam Houston in 2020 and South Dakota State 2022 have broke though) I find IAA/FCS irrelevant, monotonous and boring to watch, knowing what the outcome will most likely be. It's the same reason I haven't watched a full game of P5vsP5 since 2007.

Most of the powerhouses that help build IAA to what it become are gone, of the original blue bloods of IAA only Montana, Youngstown State, McNeese State and Deleware remain. And a few of those have lost their power status. The new powerhouses aren't what most older fans remember, that plus the new schools were either DII or even lower in the 80s to mid 90s. And some didn't even have a football team at the time.

Here is a Fun Fact: The Sun Belt now owns 31.1% of the IAA National Championships or 14 of the 45:
Georgia Southern 6
Appy State 3
Marshall 2
JMU 2
Louisiana Monroe (Northeast Louisiana at the time) 1

BigGreenTruck said:
SoldierGriz said:
What does this have to do with a watered down FCS...it has been happening forever.

Teams that have departed:

Marshall, Western Kentucky, Georgia State, Appy State, JMU, Sam Houston, Georgia Southern, Coastal Carolina, Liberty, Jacksonville State...among others.

If you don't believe the FCS is watered down relative to the past, I don't think you're paying attention.

Sorry for dragging up a month old thread as an outsider. As a Marshall fan who's school left IAA 26 years ago, here is what I see now. I think the term "Watered Down" is the wrong term. Since NDSU has won the championship 9 of the last 12 years (Only JMU in 2016, Sam Houston in 2020 and South Dakota State 2022 have broke though) I find IAA/FCS irrelevant, monotonous and boring to watch, knowing what the outcome will most likely be. It's the same reason I haven't watched a full game of P5vsP5 since 2007.

Most of the powerhouses that help build IAA to what it become are gone, of the original blue bloods of IAA only Montana, Youngstown State, McNeese State and Deleware remain. And a few of those have lost their power status. The new powerhouses aren't what most older fans remember, that plus the new schools were either DII or even lower in the 80s to mid 90s. And some didn't even have a football team at the time.

Here is a Fun Fact: The Sun Belt now owns 31.1% of the IAA National Championships or 14 of the 45:
Georgia Southern 6
Appy State 3
Marshall 2
JMU 2
Louisiana Monroe (Northeast Louisiana at the time) 1

EWU had a good run culimating with a trophy in 2010...yes, outside your 12 years...

And your "fun fact" proves watered down is, indeed, the correct term IMO.

So I'm wondering what it's like to be a Marshall fan? FCS being irrelevant, monotonous and boring. Since moving back to Division I-A, Marshall has finished in the Top 25 four times, in 1999, 2001, 2002 and 2014. After Pruett left in 2004, it seem like they're kind of like the FCS, irrelevant, monotonous and boring.

Today the deal is dollars. FCOA and NIL will make some haves, but substantially more have not's in the FCS, and that will be the struggle for Montana as they look to find the guys that will put them in a position to be where the want to be every season, playing for championships.

Bok_Choi said:
So I'm wondering what it's like to be a Marshall fan? FCS being irrelevant, monotonous and boring. Since moving back to Division I-A, Marshall has finished in the Top 25 four times, in 1999, 2001, 2002 and 2014. After Pruett left in 2004, it seem like they're kind of like the FCS, irrelevant, monotonous and boring.

Today the deal is dollars. FCOA and NIL will make some haves, but substantially more have not's in the FCS, and that will be the struggle for Montana as they look to find the guys that will put them in a position to be where the want to be every season, playing for championships.

Marshall averaged attendance of 21,482 last season.

This is one of many reason for MSU being ahead of um in most sports. He’s probably the best S&C coach in the country at the FCS level.

https://twitter.com/MSUBobcats_FB/status/1635743579808358401?cxt=HHwWgoDTodGHqrMtAAAA

poorgriz said:
This is one of many reason for MSU being ahead of um in most sports. He’s probably the best S&C coach in the country at the FCS level.

https://twitter.com/MSUBobcats_FB/status/1635743579808358401?cxt=HHwWgoDTodGHqrMtAAAA
Keep it up, maybe one day on all these desperate posts you'll get that crumb of validation you're seeking. :thumb:

mthoopsfan said:
Bok_Choi said:

Yep...Marshall is largely irrelevant in college football. I very much prefer being a Griz fan.

Had they stayed...NDSU may not have enjoyed such a run...same with Appy.

SoldierGriz said:
mthoopsfan said:

Yep...Marshall is largely irrelevant in college football. I very much prefer being a Griz fan.

:lol: :lol: Come on, Solider. Being a Griz fan doesn’t make us any more relevant than Marshall. I’m sure every Marshall fan would argue that the GRIZ are the irrelevant ones.

Since leaving for FBS, Marshall has played in 18 bowl games, winning 13.

AZGrizFan said:
SoldierGriz said:

:lol: :lol: Come on, Solider. Being a Griz fan doesn’t make us any more relevant than Marshall. I’m sure every Marshall fan would argue that the GRIZ are the irrelevant ones.

Any team with a pulse, and a budget gets invited to a "Bowl" game. But you're right, they've got Connecticut's number for dam sure.

AZGrizFan said:
SoldierGriz said:

Who?

poorgriz said:

That’s a stretch. The last FCS S&C coaches national poll put out by Fuqtards Weekly had him at 12th. Quit spreading fake news little bro. You ain’t got to lie to kick it.

3-7-77 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I'll try:

...the other way when you forget
...what Krakauer wrote about your sh!t...

Pot, meet kettle.

SoldierGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

Who?

Exactly what all FBS teams and their fan bases which is about 80% of college football fans say about us.

Bear Spray said:
3-7-77 said:

I'll try:

...the other way when you forget
...what Krakauer wrote about your sh!t...

Pot, meet kettle.

So the only juice you could dig up is over 10 years old? Talk about living in the past little bro.

Latest posts

Back