• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Cat/Griz County Map of Montana

get'em_griz

DONOR
The Billings Gazette along with the Montana Standard, the Missoulian and the Helena Independent Record took a survey of where Griz and Cat fans reside in the state and here are the results:

564f7ccfb14a0.image.jpg

Now just by looking at this one would think that the state is evenly divided. If you actually notice, the most populated counties in Montana (less Gallatin Co.) are represented by Griz fans. Even Yellowstone County which you'd think would have more Cat fans just by virtue of close proximity has more Griz fans.

The Griz own Montana. :cool:

http://helenair.com/sports/college/big-sky-conference/survey-results-montana-counties-evenly-divided-between-cats-and-griz/article_6c6e790a-8fc1-11e5-88e6-efbd84cfd77d.html

Did Wibaux close the roads in and over there? I'd heard there might be a sessession thing going on, now I'm worried? I don't think coloring it in green is simply coincidence.

bgbigdog said:
Did Wibaux close the roads in and over there? I'd heard there might be a sessession thing going on, now I'm worried? I don't think coloring it in green is simply coincidence.

No internet access to participate.

Grisly Fan said:
THE BOBCATS HAVE FANS???!!!

I met him this summer. Lives just this side of Jordan over on the Mussellshell. He said something about being lonely so I left in a hurry so I didnt catch his name. So yes, the bobkitties do have a fan.

I'm going to be in Cassidy's Bar in Plentywood tomorrow, Sheridan Country. This map might show blue up there but there are always 3-5 times more Griz fans than Cat fans and that's a place with a Cat logo on the door. GRIZ are MONTANA!!!!!

It would fun to see how it looks with the other 49 states. Is Oregon Griz country or Cat? What about New Hampshire or Georgia? Maybe even if it could be done by country.

Yellowstone county seems more divided, living here. Maybe I'm still just used to Missoula...

octiparan said:
It would fun to see how it looks with the other 49 states. Is Oregon Griz country or Cat? What about New Hampshire or Georgia? Maybe even if it could be done by country.
In South Carolina, twice now, I have heard the "Montana State Grizzlies"...UM doesn't do "outreach" well.

SaskGriz said:
I'm going to be in Cassidy's Bar in Plentywood tomorrow, Sheridan Country. This map might show blue up there but there are always 3-5 times more Griz fans than Cat fans and that's a place with a Cat logo on the door. GRIZ are MONTANA!!!!!
I can say the same for Stillwater; I doubt they did much meaningful canvasing of the small counties; made their own assumptions is more likely.

I beg to differ with my home county Lincoln as well. Bobcat fans residing there are probably equivalent to the number of wolverines.

grizbrokebacker1 said:
Congrats! You can officially hang your hats on the votes of all 671 people statewide that "voted". :clap:

Yeah, uh, we prefer to hang our hat on things like 71-37, 16 game winning streaks, more conference titles than an msu engineer can compute, etc.

But thanks for visiting our board. :thumb:

grizband said:
Yellowstone county seems more divided, living here. Maybe I'm still just used to Missoula...

Agree. Yellowstone county is fairly evenly divided.

Suspect this map is skewed by being done in November.
Back in August the bobcats had many more 'fans' than they do at the moment. :ugeek:

EverettGriz said:
grizbrokebacker1 said:
Congrats! You can officially hang your hats on the votes of all 671 people statewide that "voted". :clap:

Yeah, uh, we prefer to hang our hat on things like 71-37, 16 game winning streaks, more conference titles than an msu engineer can compute, etc.

But thanks for visiting our board. :thumb:
72-37-5.

So I went online and found the population of Montana by county, and here's the breakdown of that map:

Griz Counties: 695,924 (69.2%)
Cat Counties: 222,130 (22.1%)
Divided Loyalty Counties: 86,384 (8.6%)
Unknown Loyalty County: 1,056 (0.1%)

Of the 10 most populous counties:
Griz Counties: 8
Cat Counties: 1
Divided Loyalty: 1

Of the 10 least populous counties:
Griz Counties: 2
Cat Counties: 5
Divided Loyalty: 2
Unknown Loyalty: 1

Of the Cat Counties, which have a total population of 222,130, Gallatin County accounts for 92,665 (41.7%).

Take out the counties with divided or unknown loyalty and compare just Griz vs. Cat Counties:
Griz Counties: 75.8%
Cat Counties: 24.2%

Back