• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Voted 6th in Big Sky poll.

AZGrizFan said:
Good lord, he was the f***[*] RUNNING BACKS COACH, not the head coach. Keep spinning, though...
This is sounding like your tantrum over the notion that Coach Stitt earned in the ballpark of $300,000 as head coach at UM. You spent 8 pages of diatribes about how foolish that was and cited his "base pay," as proof (because you didn't understand collegiate coach pay systems). You were vocal and indignant that anyone could possibly believe that a college football coach could possibly even come close to such a lordly pay scale.

There, you got into overheated name calling and when I finally dredged up the actual, published pay scale breakdown for ol' Bob, showing that he earned at least $308,000 a year at UM (leaving out two categories of compensation that I didn't have numbers for), you finally slunk away. You often seem to do this: offer a strong and obnoxious opinion about something you actually don't know anything about.

UMGriz75 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Good lord, he was the f***[*] RUNNING BACKS COACH, not the head coach. Keep spinning, though...
This is sounding like your tantrum over the notion that Coach Stitt earned in the ballpark of $300,000 as head coach at UM. You spent 8 pages of diatribes about how foolish that was and cited his "base pay," as proof (because you didn't understand collegiate coach pay systems). You were vocal and indignant that anyone could possibly believe that a college football coach could possibly even come close to such a lordly pay scale.

There, you got into overheated name calling and when I finally dredged up the actual, published pay scale breakdown for ol' Bob, showing that he earned at least $308,000 a year at UM (leaving out two categories of compensation that I didn't have numbers for), you finally slunk away. You often seem to do this: offer a strong and obnoxious opinion about something you actually don't know anything about.

Go Yoko, go!

UMGriz75 said:
BWahlberg said:
Yeah look how crappy Joe Glenn was for us
Joe came from a DII conference that had several members leaving DII and moving up to D1. The talent was recognized. School of Mines remains in DII.

So in 1999/2000 it was apparent that UNC was moving up?

I love the Griz. And I'm sure most if not all of you are great people. But jee zuz christ you guys can get worked up and off thread topic in a hurry....let's end this thread with this: We are ranked in a PRE SEASON poll in a spot that frankly seems about right given last year. We have room for improvement. We also have plenty of talent. Let's hope for the best, keep our standards high, always support UM, and realize that we can re-assess the team after the damn season actually starts. Thread pronounced dead at 23:07.

MTGRZ said:
I love the Griz. And I'm sure most if not all of you are great people. But jee zuz christ you guys can get worked up and off thread topic in a hurry....let's end this thread with this: We are ranked in a PRE SEASON poll in a spot that frankly seems about right given last year. We have room for improvement. We also have plenty of talent. Let's hope for the best, keep our standards high, always support UM, and realize that we can re-assess the team after the damn season actually starts. Thread pronounced dead at 23:07.

As the ass SoldierGriz himself once said, "GFY rookie."

Actually don't do that. I completely agree with you. I just thought it was funny since you posted in military time.

Which of you would be satisfied with a no. 6 finish in the conference in the fall?

Note that the Big Sky coaches and the media each picked UM no. 6. It wasn't 75. That says to me that it's not just 75 who is concerned about UM football.

Ok here's my personal opinion. First of all, as both Stitt and Choate mentioned in their press conferences, preseason polls are worthless, they're just to get the fans excited about the upcoming season so nobody freak out yet cause nobody's yet to play a game. Second of all over the past 13 weeks I've been gathering results from my prediction threads on each big sky team. I'll release the official standings from the prediction threads on Friday (I'm just hoping to get a little more results for Weber, nobody's really given me a prediction for them yet) I think all of you will feel a lot better after you see it cause there's a lot of differences between this poll and the coaches poll. I think a fans poll IMO might be better than a coaches poll because coaches only worry about their own team and don't really spend a lot of time during the offseason studying other teams. As for the media, they have other priorities aside from covering the big sky, so I don't really trust them either. And sorry if I've been bothering you guys over the past 13 weeks with my prediction threads. :cool:

PlayerRep said:
Which of you would be satisfied with a no. 6 finish in the conference in the fall?

Note that the Big Sky coaches and the media each picked UM no. 6. It wasn't 75. That says to me that it's not just 75 who is concerned about UM football.

The stink finally arrived.

BWahlberg said:
UMGriz75 said:
BWahlberg said:
Joe came from a DII conference that had several members leaving DII and moving up to D1. The talent was recognized. School of Mines remains in DII.

I don't know if it was entirely apparent in 1999/2000. UNC Board of Trustees decided on the move in May 2002.

PlayerRep said:

Nobody said they were satisfied did they? There are a lot of differing opinions on this board, but it seems like the consensus, with the exception of you and maybe one other, is that his obsession with our head coach and his need to derail almost every topic with this obsession has made this board unreadable. It has become impossible to have any discussion on any topic without his obsession with the football coach taking over that he feels he needs to cry about every day, all day, on every thread.

PlayerRep said:

I wouldn't. 6th place finish this season would be a huge disappointment and I wouldn't expect any extensions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stop_HammerTime69 said:
MTGRZ said:

As the ass SoldierGriz himself once said, "GFY rookie."

Actually don't do that. I completely agree with you. I just thought it was funny since you posted in military time.

:coffee:

In regard to the thread topic, it's my hope that by seasons end we'll all feel warm and fuzzy about griz football, it's coaching staff, and outlook for the future. For the sake of the program, the fans and players, I hope stitt and his coaches can right the ship. It's been a hard few years, there's no arguing that. The recruiting has been phenomenal, however, and at some point we'll start seeing the results.

In regard to the constant stitt bashing thread derailments that has everyone irritated..... While I agree that the thread derailments get old as hell, as I mostly read without posting, I can say with some objectivity that there's plenty of guilt to go around. It would be so easy to ignore a post you don't like and contribute something towards a good discussion, yet many perpetually take the bait. Plenty of complicity to go around IMO

Sam A. Blitz said:
PlayerRep said:

Nobody said they were satisfied did they? There are a lot of differing opinions on this board, but it seems like the consensus, with the exception of you and maybe one other, is that his obsession with our head coach and his need to derail almost every topic with this obsession has made this board unreadable. It has become impossible to have any discussion on any topic without his obsession with the football coach taking over that he feels he needs to cry about every day, all day, on every thread.

I hope no one is satisfied with no. 6. However, that is what the coaches and media think. Contrast that with the glowing predictions of some on this board.

As for 75, I really don't understand why his posts, or some of them, seem to bug people so much. I read or skim most of them, and learn something almost every time. His posts are generally well written.

If you don't want more 75 posts, don't encourage or engage him. The bulk of his posts are in response to someone else's post that responded to his. Also, most readers don't comment on 75, or much of anything else, so I don't see how it's possible to know what they think of the posts.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
In regard to the thread topic, it's my hope that by seasons end we'll all feel warm and fuzzy about griz football, it's coaching staff, and outlook for the future. For the sake of the program, the fans and players, I hope stitt and his coaches can right the ship. It's been a hard few years, there's no arguing that. The recruiting has been phenomenal, however, and at some point we'll start seeing the results.

In regard to the constant stitt bashing thread derailments that has everyone irritated..... While I agree that the thread derailments get old as hell, as I mostly read without posting, I can say with some objectivity that there's plenty of guilt to go around. It would be so easy to ignore a post you don't like and contribute something towards a good discussion, yet many perpetually take the bait. Plenty of complicity to go around IMO

Agree with the bulk of both of your paragraphs.

BWahlberg said:
UMGriz75 said:
BWahlberg said:

UNC was in the DII nationals every year between 1995 and 1999. They won the national championship in two of those years. With that consistency, the move-up was a natural evolution. As so often happens, coaches rise to their own particular level of incompetence. At UNC and Montana, Joe was right where he wanted to be. When he tried to move "up," the results were not good. Joe went 15-30 (conference) at Wyoming, and 6-26 at South Dakota, suffering two of his four seasons there with no conferences wins at all.

The history of "Griz" athletics is instructive on that point. There is no "magical" rule that more experience brings more success. A "good" coach can go a long ways in the Big Sky Conference, or nowhere no matter how much "time" they get. Joe is a good example of someone who was very good at the DII and BSC levels of competition, but could not make the transition to the higher levels of play. Wyoming gave him six years to try and figure things out. His conference record in his last year there was 1-7.

UMGriz75 said:
BWahlberg said:
UMGriz75 said:
BWahlberg said:

UNC was in the DII nationals every year between 1995 and 1999. They won the national championship in two of those years. With that consistency, the move-up was a natural evolution. As so often happens, coaches rise to their own particular level of incompetence. At UNC and Montana, Joe was right where he wanted to be. When he tried to move "up," the results were not good. Joe went 15-30 (conference) at Wyoming, and 6-26 at South Dakota, suffering two of his four seasons there with no conferences wins at all.

The history of "Griz" athletics is instructive on that point. There is no "magical" rule that more experience brings more success. A "good" coach can go a long ways in the Big Sky Conference, or nowhere no matter how much "time" they get. Joe is a good example of someone who was very good at the DII and BSC levels of competition, but could not make the transition to the higher levels of play. Wyoming gave him six years to try and figure things out. His conference record in his last year there was 1-7.

So you say there's no magical rule on experience bringing success but in a prior post use a coach with D2 experience usually doesn't bring success. Despite the fact that both Glenn and Read came here as D2 coaches.

UMGriz75 said:
AZGrizFan said:

You've got a horribly faulty memory. :lol: :) :) Horribly.

Keep spinning.

Latest posts

Back