• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Voted 6th in Big Sky poll.

Gametime said:
Griz are 16-19 on the road since 2011. 1-4 last year. Time to get some road wins, and that will be a good start to winning a championship. UW is going to be a tough matchup to say the least, but the rest are winnable.

The Griz used to be road warriors, especially in the Hauck years (sorry to bring up Bobby). Wins were sometimes ugly, even in the dominant years, but they found a way to win on the road. Getting road wins will make or break Stitt this year because he has some very winnable games away from home.

VimSince03 said:
Gametime said:
Griz are 16-19 on the road since 2011. 1-4 last year. Time to get some road wins, and that will be a good start to winning a championship. UW is going to be a tough matchup to say the least, but the rest are winnable.

The Griz used to be road warriors, especially in the Hauck years (sorry to bring up Bobby). Wins were sometimes ugly, even in the dominant years, but they found a way to win on the road. Getting road wins will make or break Stitt this year because he has some very winnable games away from home.

The schedule doesn't look that bad. I'm guessing we'll drop the tough games, like Washington and EWU, but the tough opponents are at home and the weaker ones are on the road. It's a pretty decent schedule, and 'this is a great year to be a Griz fan in Missoula with tickets.

UMGriz75 said:
In Mick Delaney's second year, Griz lost only one conference road game, to NAU, 16-34.

Wins at 3-8 UND, 5-7 UC-D, 5-7 Sac St. pretty impressive. I will give him the win over MSU, one of the most inspired victories I've ever seen.

alabamagrizzly said:
UMGriz75 said:
In Mick Delaney's second year, Griz lost only one conference road game, to NAU, 16-34.

Wins at 3-8 UND, 5-7 UC-D, 5-7 Sac St. pretty impressive. I will give him the win over MSU, one of the most inspired victories I've ever seen.
More inspiring than, say, losing to MSU, in Missoula. What was that score again? How many fans got to watch that debacle?

UMGriz75 said:
alabamagrizzly said:
UMGriz75 said:

More inspiring than, say, losing to MSU, in Missoula. What was that score again? How many fans got to watch that debacle?

So who should be the coach? Fucking hell, this gets old. Just post a name, and only a name, if you're capable.

UMGriz75 said:
alabamagrizzly said:
UMGriz75 said:

Well I know it was less people then the 54-35 victory Stitt had at Bozeman since the litter box is smaller then Wa-Griz. With a 1-1 record versus the bobkittens(yes, anomalys happen) and a combined score of 71-59 in favor of the Griz, Im willing to give Stitt at least ONE more year. I guess you have a shorter leash.

UMGriz75 said:
alabamagrizzly said:
UMGriz75 said:

Even a broke clock is right twice a day. Last year was MSU's time. What was the score in Stitt's first year? In Blowsman?

AZGrizFan said:
UMGriz75 said:
alabamagrizzly said:
UMGriz75 said:

Even a broke clock is right twice a day. Last year was MSU's time. What was the score in Stitt's first year? In Blowsman?
The win in Bozeman? With Delaney's recruits? Ah yes ... Stitt's first year looked a lot like Delaney's final year, oddly enough. Now, not so much. Remember who finally bowed to reality, stopped blaming everyone else, and took the heat?

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/stitt-takes-blame-for-disappointing-griz-football-season/article_5d8a80ec-4656-5b31-8a68-5fa2bd7831de.html

UMGriz75 said:
AZGrizFan said:
UMGriz75 said:
alabamagrizzly said:

The win in Bozeman? With Delaney's recruits? Ah yes ... Stitt's first year looked a lot like Delaney's final year, oddly enough. Now, not so much. Remember who finally bowed to reality, stopped blaming everyone else, and took the heat?

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/stitt-takes-blame-for-disappointing-griz-football-season/article_5d8a80ec-4656-5b31-8a68-5fa2bd7831de.html

Who should be the coach? Name. Go.

UMGriz75 said:
AZGrizFan said:
UMGriz75 said:
alabamagrizzly said:

.....75......may I suggest........get a fukcing life......

alabamagrizzly said:
UMGriz75 said:
alabamagrizzly said:
UMGriz75 said:

Well I know it was less people then the 54-35 victory Stitt had at Bozeman since the litter box is smaller then Wa-Griz. With a 1-1 record versus the bobkittens(yes, anomalys happen) and a combined score of 71-59 in favor of the Griz, Im willing to give Stitt at least ONE more year. I guess you have a shorter leash.

I agree with you on that. Frankly, I'd say 2 years is good IF he adds one to the win column with at least 2 over Washington, EWU, North Dakota, or MSU, and makes the playoffs. When you consider how young this team is, and with all the problems of last year (some of which weren't even his fault, which I know Stitt said were his fault but under the rules of coachspeak, it was the right thing to do), I have a hard time faulting Stitt too much in his process. Like you said, anomolies happen. It takes a bit of time. After 4 total years with nothing but 2015, I'd be a bit pissed. But this is his third season coming up. It's not like the lead in the Cat-Griz series is slipping.

UMGriz75 said:
AZGrizFan said:
UMGriz75 said:
alabamagrizzly said:

It's truly as if you can't help yourself. Comical, really.

CDAGRIZ said:
UMGriz75 said:
alabamagrizzly said:
UMGriz75 said:

So who should be the coach? f***[*] hell, this gets old. Just post a name, and only a name, if you're capable.
Good luck getting him to take any hard stance on ANYTHING. Nothing but a critic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brewskis said:
CDAGRIZ said:
UMGriz75 said:
alabamagrizzly said:

So who should be the coach? f***[*] hell, this gets old. Just post a name, and only a name, if you're capable.
Good luck getting him to take any hard stance on ANYTHING. Nothing but a critic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's a persona, not a person.

CDAGRIZ said:
UMGriz75 said:
AZGrizFan said:
UMGriz75 said:

Who should be the coach? Name. Go.

Funny how fire season starts and you turn up...coincidence I'm sure.

Back