• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Voted 6th in Big Sky poll.

UMGriz75 said:
AZGrizFan said:
UMGriz75 said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Wins at 3-8 UND, 5-7 UC-D, 5-7 Sac St. pretty impressive. I will give him the win over MSU, one of the most inspired victories I've ever seen.
More inspiring than, say, losing to MSU, in Missoula. What was that score again? How many fans got to watch that debacle?

Even a broke clock is right twice a day. Last year was MSU's time. What was the score in Stitt's first year? In Blowsman?
The win in Bozeman? With Delaney's recruits? Ah yes ... Stitt's first year looked a lot like Delaney's final year, oddly enough. Now, not so much. Remember who finally bowed to reality, stopped blaming everyone else, and took the heat?

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/stitt-takes-blame-for-disappointing-griz-football-season/article_5d8a80ec-4656-5b31-8a68-5fa2bd7831de.html

Wrong again 75. Minus Nguyen, Jones, and VanAckeren, the majority of the impact players were Pflugard and Stitt recruits.

QB Brady Gustufson 350y 4td(who many on this board widely considered him not starting material until Stitts tutelage took over)
WR Ellis Henderson 91y 1td 80kry 3att
C Ben Weyer
G Devon Deitrich
G McCauley Todd
DT Caleb Kidder 5tk 2tfl
DE Tyrone Holmes 4tk 1tfl
DE Ryan Johnson 2tk 1sk 1ff
LB Jerimiah Kose 5tk
LB Herbert Gamboa 4tk
CB JR Nelson 2tk 1ff

Not to mention Stitts own recruits that contributed towards the win.

RB Jeremy Calhoun 45y 2td
WR Ben Roberts 48y 3rec
CB Markell Sanders 1tk

But I'm sure you'll ignore all these facts to continue your argument that your so desperately trying hard not to lose. Sucks that you are though. Thanks for the entertainment in looking foolish.

C'mon go easy on 75. He obviously has OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder in case he doesn't know what that is) with a touch of Meglomania and Narcissism. He can't help himself, but he really needs professional help. Kind of a common thing these days.

jodcon said:
CDAGRIZ said:
UMGriz75 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Even a broke clock is right twice a day. Last year was MSU's time. What was the score in Stitt's first year? In Blowsman?
The win in Bozeman? With Delaney's recruits? Ah yes ... Stitt's first year looked a lot like Delaney's final year, oddly enough. Now, not so much. Remember who finally bowed to reality, stopped blaming everyone else, and took the heat?

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/stitt-takes-blame-for-disappointing-griz-football-season/article_5d8a80ec-4656-5b31-8a68-5fa2bd7831de.html

Who should be the coach? Name. Go.

Funny how fire season starts and you turn up...coincidence I'm sure.

Thanks, man. You have no idea how hard it's been convincing the auth--uh, people of this.

CDAGRIZ said:
jodcon said:
CDAGRIZ said:
UMGriz75 said:

Thanks, man. You have no idea how hard it's been convincing the auth--uh, people of this.

I bet. What have you been up to, haven't seen you on here for a while? I guess I was gone a few months too though.

alabamagrizzly said:
Wrong again 75. Minus Nguyen, Jones, and VanAckeren, the majority of the impact players were Pflugard and Stitt recruits.

QB Brady Gustufson 350y 4td(who many on this board widely considered him not starting material until tutelage took over)
C Ben Weyer
G Devon Deitrich
G McCauley Todd
DT Caleb Kidder 5tk 2tfl
LB Jerimiah Kose 5tk
LB Herbert Gamboa 4tk
CB JR Nelson 2tk 1ff

But I'm sure you'll ignore all these facts to continue your argument that your so desperately trying hard not to lose. Sucks that you are though. Thanks for the entertainment in looking foolish.
Uh, might come as a shock to you, but these were all recruited while Mick was on the coaching staff; and by the time of Mick's third year, and in that relatively successful year, had been coached by him for three years. He didn't have to offer an extended apologia at the end of the second or third seasons. The team did well under his coaching and judging by their post-season run the following year, recruited and trained well.

Recall that Bob Stitt initially blamed "one or two bad apples" when the season started to go south. Then, as it became obvious that the team was simply not inspired, he began to shift the blame around. Then, after the final humiliation in Missoula in front of 26,000 fans, to an arch rival that had only won one conference game all season, the floodgates broke. Stitt finally took full responsibility, and promised to review the entire team strategy and format right up until September, 2017.

The light had gone on.

jodcon said:
CDAGRIZ said:
jodcon said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I bet. What have you been up to, haven't seen you on here for a while? I guess I was gone a few months too though.

I've been around reading. Just haven't had much to post. Too many intimidating geniuses! But, I always get my fuel flowing come football season!

UMGriz75 said:
alabamagrizzly said:

QB Brady Gustufson 350y 4td(who many on this board widely considered him not starting material until tutelage took over)
C Ben Weyer
G Devon Deitrich
G McCauley Todd
DT Caleb Kidder 5tk 2tfl
LB Jerimiah Kose 5tk
LB Herbert Gamboa 4tk
CB JR Nelson 2tk 1ff

Uh, might come as a shock to you, but these were all recruited while Mick was on the coaching staff; and by the time of Mick's third year, and in that relatively successful year, had been coached by him for three years. He didn't have to offer an extended apologia at the end of the second or third seasons. The team did well under his coaching and judging by their post-season run the following year, recruited and trained well.

Recall that Bob Stitt initially blamed "one or two bad apples" when the season started to go south. Then, as it became obvious that the team was simply not inspired, he began to shift the blame around. Then, after the final humiliation in Missoula in front of 26,000 fans, to an arch rival that had only won one conference game all season, the floodgates broke. Stitt finally took full responsibility, and promised to review the entire team strategy and format right up until September, 2017.

The light had gone on.

So since the light has gone on, as you say, how about giving him one year with the light on and then unleashing your judgement, or withholding depending on how successful or unsuccessful his first season with the light on will be.

CDAGRIZ said:
jodcon said:
CDAGRIZ said:
jodcon said:

I've been around reading. Just haven't had much to post. Too many intimidating geniuses! But, I always get my fuel flowing come football season!

I hear ya, it's been brutal on here, said screw it and didn't log in for a long time, came back...same shit.

Some good football news showing up now at least, kickoff can't come fast enough.

alabamagrizzly said:
So since the light has gone on, as you say, how about giving him one year with the light on and then unleashing your judgement, or withholding depending on how successful or unsuccessful his first season with the light on will be.
I don't think a D2 level coach has good odds in an experienced D1 program. That's why the thread topic has the title that it does. It's the thread topic. If you don''t like the thread topic, leave it alone. You'll probably be healthier without worrying about things you don't want other people discussing.

UMGriz75 said:
alabamagrizzly said:
I don't think a D2 level coach has good odds in an experienced D1 program. That's why the thread topic has the title that it does. It's the thread topic. If you don''t like the thread topic, leave it alone. You'll probably be healthier without worrying about things you don't want other people discussing.

Yeah look how crappy Joe Glenn was for us

BWahlberg said:
UMGriz75 said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Or Don Read. Who the hell hired that guy? We really need to stay away from these crap ass D2 coaches. I mean look at all the Nattys we've won with non D2 coaches. Oh wait, never mind.

UMGriz75 said:
alabamagrizzly said:

C Ben Weyer
G Devon Deitrich
G McCauley Todd
DT Caleb Kidder 5tk 2tfl
LB Jerimiah Kose 5tk
LB Herbert Gamboa 4tk
CB JR Nelson 2tk 1ff

The light had gone on.

Good lord, he was the fucking RUNNING BACKS COACH, not the head coach. Keep spinning, though...

BWahlberg said:
Joe came from a DII conference that had several members leaving DII and moving up to D1. The talent was recognized. School of Mines remains in DII.

Why are we talking about Bob Stitt and his ability to coach again? The OP was about the team's pre-season ranking and how the team will perform this year. Oh wait, nevermind...

Another thread derailed by the usual suspect...

Back