• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Voted 6th in Big Sky poll.

IntuitiveGriz said:
mtgrizfankb said:
I hope every player puts this shit up in their new locker. Picked 6th end 1st. We easily have as much or more talent as anyone else. Montana doesn't get picked 6th. Montana doesn't finish 6-5 either. Get it done boys!

^^^THIS. :agree:

I am tired of this mediocre bs in Grizzlyville!
Where is their pride? We will find out in 2017.
Of course, when this outcome was pointed to as early as October, 2015, you expressed nothing but contempt for the notion. Now, you've got the results. You deserve an award for being "tired" of a result I predicted to your derision.

It's a structural problem with moving from D2 to D1. Stitt's a great guy; but there are handicaps in moving from a rural, part-time football program, where Stitt only managed to be fourth place in 15 years, to a highly competitive conference with experienced D1 coaches.

Even granted that Bob Stitt was not the first choice ... "what were they thinking?"

For those of us that want to see these young athletes from the University of Montana succeed and prosper in their chosen collegiate sport, and to reflect the true sportsmanship of the University of Montana, this is a failed experiment. I'd hope to be wrong on that but so far ...

Honest question....who actually reads what 75 posts? And I mean the entire post. If you do read his posts, how many don't rail on Stitt?

UMGriz75 said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
mtgrizfankb said:
I hope every player puts this shit up in their new locker. Picked 6th end 1st. We easily have as much or more talent as anyone else. Montana doesn't get picked 6th. Montana doesn't finish 6-5 either. Get it done boys!

Of course, when this outcome was pointed to as early as October, 2015, you expressed nothing but contempt for the notion. Now, you've got the results. You deserve an award for being "tired" of a result I predicted to your derision.

It's a structural problem with moving from D2 to D1. Stitt's a great guy; but there are handicaps in moving from a rural, part-time football program, where Stitt only managed to be fourth place in 15 years, to a highly competitive conference with experienced D1 coaches.

Even granted that Bob Stitt was not the first choice ... "what were they thinking?"

For those of us that want to see these young athletes from the University of Montana succeed and prosper in their chosen collegiate sport, and to reflect the true sportsmanship of the University of Montana, this is a failed experiment. I'd hope to be wrong on that but so far ...

It's definitely a wake up call for everyone.

I was in Golden, CO last summer. Definitely not rural. Really cool town actually.

As a fair warning to anyone expressing an opinion contrary to the Board's self-appointed Babysitter, the following complaint was lodged on the above comment, discussing "why" the Griz have fallen to 6th place.

Board_warning.jpg

Readers can judge for themselves whether a comment on why the Griz have fallen to 6th place has anything to do with the team's performance as noted as early as October, 2015.

UMGriz75 said:
As a fair warning to anyone expressing an opinion contrary to the Board's self-appointed Babysitter, the following complaint was lodged on the above comment, discussing "why" the Griz have fallen to 6th place.

Board_warning.jpg

Readers can judge for themselves whether a comment on why the Griz have fallen to 6th place has anything to do with the team's performance as noted as early as October, 2015.

Actually, the Griz haven't fallen to any place yet in the Big Sky standings, as a single game has yet to be played in 2017. These are predictions, made be myself and other members of the media who cover the conference. The other poll are predictions made by the coaches. It remains to be seen how these predictions will turn out. As you yourself have pointed to me over the years, predictions can be wrong. And in this case, our predictions for this poll could be way off, as in the Griz could finish higher, or, like last year, could finish even worse than sixth. But, as noted above, they are just PREDICTIONS. But, you are correct, one of the factors in picking the Griz as low as sixth was their decline at the end of last season. I'm not sure where anyone is denying that.

George Ferguson said:
As a fair warning to anyone ex But, as noted above, they are just PREDICTIONS. But, you are correct, one of the factors in picking the Griz as low as sixth was their decline at the end of last season. I'm not sure where anyone is denying that.
Seems like one of the "monitor" doesn't like that being pointed out, on a thread precisely about it. Now, what to be done about an extraordinarily biased "monitor" who is actively attempting to censor on-topic opinions he does not agree with?

The "Moderator" locked six -- six! -- threads critical of Stitt two weeks ago, and went on extended rants about anyone daring to criticize the current management.

This is "sports," buddy. Get used to it.

UMGriz75 said:
George Ferguson said:
As a fair warning to anyone ex But, as noted above, they are just PREDICTIONS. But, you are correct, one of the factors in picking the Griz as low as sixth was their decline at the end of last season. I'm not sure where anyone is denying that.
Seems like one of the "monitor" doesn't like that being pointed out, on a thread precisely about it. Now, what to be done about an extraordinarily biased "monitor" who is actively attempting to censor on-topic opinions he does not agree with?

The "Moderator" locked six -- six! -- threads critical of Stitt two weeks ago, and went on extended rants about anyone daring to criticize the current management.

This is "sports," buddy. Get used to it.

I'm just taking a wild guess here, but maybe the monitor doesn't think there needs to be SIX, SIX SIX separate threads with one person saying the same thing over and over about Stitt. I don't know that to be a fact, I'm just guessing.

George Ferguson said:
I'm just taking a wild guess here, but maybe the monitor doesn't think there needs to be SIX, SIX SIX separate threads with one person saying the same thing over and over about Stitt. I don't know that to be a fact, I'm just guessing.
You'd have to be guessing. I hadn't posted to five of the threads. I've been ill, and posting anything is something of a task. What you have, however, is a die-hard advocate who is attempting to shut down any debate over a poor team performance. Just reading his extended diatribes on why he sticks up for Stitt has entertainment value of its own, but his role on this forum has become clear: he intends to censor justified criticism of the coach.

I guess he feels that a "public" forum justifies that small abuse.

As for the 1st place prediction for UND, that's become kinda of a curse lately. Since 2010, of the nine teams to be picked 1st in either poll, only three have even made the playoffs. The last two years none of the three teams finished above 6th in the Big Sky. It seems if they're not picking EWU, MSU, or Montana pre-2010, then they might as well not even try.

Poll-NAU
Standings-NAU 7th 5-6 no playoffs.

Poll-MSU, EWU
Standings-EWU 6th 6-5 no playoffs, MSU 9th 5-6 no playoffs.

Poll-EWU
Standings-EWU 1st 11-3 yes playoffs.

Poll-MSU
Standings-MSU 5th 7-5 no playoffs.

Poll-MSU
Standings-MSU t1st 11-2 yes playoffs.

Poll-MSU, EWU
Standings-MSU t1st 7-3 yes playoffs, EWU 4th 6-5 no playoffs.

Poll-UM
Standings-UM 3rd 7-4 no playoffs.(snub in my extremely biased opinion)

George Ferguson said:
UMGriz75 said:

Board_warning.jpg

Actually, the Griz haven't fallen to any place yet in the Big Sky standings, as a single game has yet to be played in 2017. These are predictions, made be myself and other members of the media who cover the conference. The other poll are predictions made by the coaches. It remains to be seen how these predictions will turn out. As you yourself have pointed to me over the years, predictions can be wrong. And in this case, our predictions for this poll could be way off, as in the Griz could finish higher, or, like last year, could finish even worse than sixth. But, as noted above, they are just PREDICTIONS. But, you are correct, one of the factors in picking the Griz as low as sixth was their decline at the end of last season. I'm not sure where anyone is denying that.

Does anybody else find it ironic that a guy who is sticking his neck out with his prediction on how the Griz will do next year is sticking up for a guy who criticizes others' predictions but won't make a prediction of his own?

75-We get it. You are not a Stitt fan. We also get that you CAN infer our preseason conference rank of 6th to our head coach and his performance over the last few years. But we also know that the statements you make are generally derogatory towards Still. Saying you CAN'T post about your dislike of Stitt is, to me, wrong. But for you to come on here and post negatively about Stitt on damn near every topic is growing old.

People often have differences of opinion. That's fine. That's actually great-it is what makes the world so interesting. But people also have to be aware of the right time and place to say things. I believe what many other posters have been saying is: we understand your dislike for Stitt (at least, we get that you like to post a lot of negative comments about Stitt on this website) and we recognize there is a place for that. This thread, like many others, is probably not the best place to vent your frustrations over Stitt.

I hope your health improves. Go Griz.

UMGriz75 said:
George Ferguson said:
You'd have to be guessing. I hadn't posted to five of the threads. I've been ill, and posting anything is something of a task. What you have, however, is a die-hard advocate who is attempting to shut down any debate over a poor team performance. Just reading his extended diatribes on why he sticks up for Stitt has entertainment value of its own, but his role on this forum has become clear: he intends to censor justified criticism of the coach.

I guess he feels that a "public" forum justifies that small abuse.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is fucking RICH. PL makes ONE long post and he's now posting "extended diatribes"....while every SINGLE post you make is a fucking misguided thesis...

UMGriz75 said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
mtgrizfankb said:

I understand where you are coming from and what you are saying about the current state of Griz football. I think it has fallen short of expectations so far, more so than completely failed (at this point, but this is TBD), but I think we can go up and that Stitt has learned some hard lessons and hope they are applied this year. I will say that your last statement says a lot about your true support of the Griz and I can respect that.

UMGriz75 said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
mtgrizfankb said:

Dammit man...you go from, enjoying "F ing" with people somewhat, being a jerk, and getting people all riled up...to posting this. Yes, you did do some subtle bashing...but dang it man, I agree with you here. I agree that he has certainly underwhelmed, but think that this year could surprise. I do have 2 questions: First, if things turn around this year, will you back Coach Stitt or continue to be "less than supportive" of him? Honest question. Second, and anyone please feel free to PM me, Who were the choices before Stitt that didn't work out for whatever reason, and why? Again, serious question.

Griz are 16-19 on the road since 2011. 1-4 last year. Time to get some road wins, and that will be a good start to winning a championship. UW is going to be a tough matchup to say the least, but the rest are winnable.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Honest question....who actually reads what 75 posts? And I mean the entire post. If you do read his posts, how many don't rail on Stitt?

Only read them when they've been quoted. Otherwise I have that guy on the ignore list:

Stop_HammerTime69 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Only read them when they've been quoted. Otherwise I have that guy on the ignore list:
I just scroll by unless its bite-sized. It's all too predictable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back