• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

This is what happens when you offer 100+ offers at msu

wbtfg said:
Paytonlives said:
poorgriz said:
Griz til I die said:
What makes you think you guys are just gonna magically be a championship team next year and we’re gonna have to wait a few years? We have the talent and now we have a good coach. I bet we go to the playoffs next year and at the very best you guys go 6-5 next year, because at least we have a QB.

Nothing magical about it. Just a shitload of very hard work. It's all about getting the very talented players in the system that are all committed to doing whatever it takes to become a championship team. I don't know if we'll win the Big Sky next year but we'll be right there and my guess is that it will come down to MSU or Weber for the title.

And last year many kitten posters on the cat box were sure they would go 8-3, 9-2 and one joker said 10-1 with a close loss to WSU.

Kittens in the playoffs are less likely then Santa handing out Easter eggs on Halloween night.

Considering msu lost games to 3 nationally ranked teams by point spreads of 4, 2, and 1, I don’t the prediction of 8-3 was too far off.

Also, why did you start this thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahh yes the "good loss" argument......a Choat-led staple

poorgriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
wbtfg said:
Paytonlives said:
And last year many kitten posters on the cat box were sure they would go 8-3, 9-2 and one joker said 10-1 with a close loss to WSU.

Kittens in the playoffs are less likely then Santa handing out Easter eggs on Halloween night.

Considering msu lost games to 3 nationally ranked teams by point spreads of 4, 2, and 1, I don’t the prediction of 8-3 was too far off.

I like your posts, I honestly do. But:
When MSU hasn't produced a winning product since 2014;
When MSU hasn't had a playoff win since 2012;
When MSU has had THREE playoff wins since 1984 (That's 34 years this fall); and
When the current coach has never had a winning season, ever,

It's tough to get eGriz.com on board with a Choate-led championship contender in 2018, no matter how "close" you guys were last season.

Thanks for the tip CDA! I don't know that anyone is trying to "get egriz on board" with anything. Personally, I'm just here to inform and speak the truth. I'm here to help. Just preparing you guys for the very real possibility that MSU is going to be pretty damn good this year - that way you're not so surprised and pissed off when it does happen. :thumb:

Selling without selling. I like it. Smart.
That whole three wins in the last 34 years, tho . . .
This year will be your year. Go Mets!

poorgriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
wbtfg said:
Paytonlives said:

It's tough to get eGriz.com on board with a Choate-led championship contender in 2018, no matter how "close" you guys were last season.

Thanks for the tip CDA! I don't know that anyone is trying to "get egriz on board" with anything. Personally, I'm just here to inform and speak the truth. I'm here to help. Just preparing you guys for the very real possibility that MSU is going to be pretty damn good this year - that way you're not so surprised and pissed off when it does happen. :thumb:

Its not surprising you're always on our board....doesnt your fight song literally tell your fan base to Stand up a cheer for old MONTANA???

Nice a whole thread of griz posters pissing in their pants about and cats, and figuring if they scream loud enough they can make themselves believe they're still relevant... Nice job fellas you guys are a hot mess.

SeattleBobcat said:
Nice a whole thread of griz posters pissing in their pants about and cats, and figuring if they scream loud enough they can make themselves believe they're still relevant... Nice job fellas you guys are a hot mess.

Thanks for stopping by eGriz.com! :thumb:
Your post is important to us. :lol:

BadlandsGrizFan said:
wbtfg said:
Paytonlives said:
poorgriz said:
Nothing magical about it. Just a shitload of very hard work. It's all about getting the very talented players in the system that are all committed to doing whatever it takes to become a championship team. I don't know if we'll win the Big Sky next year but we'll be right there and my guess is that it will come down to MSU or Weber for the title.

Ahh yes the "good loss" argument......a Choat-led staple

The good loss, as well as strength of schedule, are parts of what the playoff selection committee looks at too. They've said that in Q&A. A close loss is Kennesaw St. is worth a lot more than a win over the 2 creampuffs UM clobbered, in my book.

wbtfg said:
Paytonlives said:
poorgriz said:
Griz til I die said:
What makes you think you guys are just gonna magically be a championship team next year and we’re gonna have to wait a few years? We have the talent and now we have a good coach. I bet we go to the playoffs next year and at the very best you guys go 6-5 next year, because at least we have a QB.

I agree with you. And, look at the 2 UM wins over total cream puffs.

I will ask posters from both schools: was UM better than MSU last year, or was MSU better than UM last year?

SeattleBobcat said:

Why do you have to be such an idiot? Of course, the Griz are still relevant. And, of course, Hauck is going to take the Griz back towards the top. And, I think the Cats are on the upswing too.

It's easy to spot the never-played-the-gamers, with posts like yours.

PlayerRep said:
wbtfg said:
Paytonlives said:
poorgriz said:

I will ask posters from both schools: was UM better than MSU last year, or was MSU better than UM last year?

Last year I'd say pretty even...both were middling FCS teams, not playoff worthy, both very flawed teams, often outcoached. Schedules are different every year. A good FCS team will win the necessary games to make the playoffs. Neither the Cats nor Griz did that. At some point you just have to beat the teams on your schedule. I think that the good loss argument is a sign of a fanbase that hasn't mustered a quarterfinal win in 34 years. It's a matter of perspective. We fired our coach with a way better record. I agreed with the decision. I expect the Griz to be in the playoffs by Haucks 2nd year (hopefully next). I'm not going to console myself with close losses, but I can see why the cats do.

PlayerRep said:
wbtfg said:
Paytonlives said:
poorgriz said:

I'd have to say MSU was better because MSU beat UM when they played a football game against one another.

CDAGRIZ said:
wbtfg said:
Paytonlives said:
poorgriz said:

If you think that was the intent of my posting on this thread, you may want to reread.

poorgriz said:
Ursus1 said:
Wonder when fans of a team that hasn't broken .500 start to wonder why with supposed super recruits Choke keeps getting they still can't win even half their games? I guess mediocre is good enough in Boz Angeles....They already are set for 4 more years of all talk.....no walk. Hilarious

You guys seem a little tense, and nervous. Yes, Choate is building a championship program, but don't worry about it - Hauck was brought back to do the same thing. MSU fans will know if Choate can do it, soon, probably this year or in 2019. UM fans will have to wait a few years to see if Bobby was the right hire.

Just curious, you guys haven't made a deep playoff run in 34 years, but you believe you'll compete for a championship by next year or 2019? Do you watch FCS football or just the bobcats? I don't believe you're on the same level as NDSU and the Bison are likely better than you at every single position. Or are you saying that if the Cats do well this year then they will win a championship soon after? Either way, Good luck.

wbtfg said:
CDAGRIZ said:
wbtfg said:
Paytonlives said:

If you think that was the intent of my posting on this thread, you may want to reread.

Nah, just wanted to post some historical data. Go Mets!

Alaska Griz said:
poorgriz said:
Ursus1 said:
Wonder when fans of a team that hasn't broken .500 start to wonder why with supposed super recruits Choke keeps getting they still can't win even half their games? I guess mediocre is good enough in Boz Angeles....They already are set for 4 more years of all talk.....no walk. Hilarious

You guys seem a little tense, and nervous. Yes, Choate is building a championship program, but don't worry about it - Hauck was brought back to do the same thing. MSU fans will know if Choate can do it, soon, probably this year or in 2019. UM fans will have to wait a few years to see if Bobby was the right hire.

Just curious, you guys haven't made a deep playoff run in 34 years, but you believe you'll compete for a championship by next year or 2019? Do you watch FCS football or just the bobcats? I don't believe you're on the same level as NDSU and the Bison are likely better than you at every single position. Or are you saying that if the Cats do well this year then they will win a championship soon after? Either way, Good luck.

Didn't the poster say they would know by 2019 if Choate can build a championship program, not that they will be a championship program or contender by then. Big difference. I agree with the poster. By 2019, MSU will know whether the program is improving at a rate that can get them to be a championship caliber program.

Alaska Griz said:
PlayerRep said:
wbtfg said:
Paytonlives said:

Last year I'd say pretty even...both were middling FCS teams, not playoff worthy, both very flawed teams, often outcoached. Schedules are different every year. A good FCS team will win the necessary games to make the playoffs. Neither the Cats nor Griz did that. At some point you just have to beat the teams on your schedule. I think that the good loss argument is a sign of a fanbase that hasn't mustered a quarterfinal win in 34 years. It's a matter of perspective. We fired our coach with a way better record. I agreed with the decision. I expect the Griz to be in the playoffs by Haucks 2nd year (hopefully next). I'm not going to console myself with close losses, but I can see why the cats do.

Of course, a team has to beat the teams on its schedule to make the playoffs, to win the conference and to be considered to be very good, or championship caliber. Nevertheless, the quality of the losses and the quality of the wins, and the margins, are and should be taken into account in analyzing how good a team is and whether the team is improving. As I said before, the playoff committee has specifically said that they take into account the quality of losses and strength of schedule. A close loss to a Pac-12 team is worth more than a win over Idaho.

PlayerRep said:
Alaska Griz said:
PlayerRep said:
wbtfg said:

Of course, a team has to beat the teams on its schedule to make the playoffs, to win the conference and to be considered to be very good, or championship caliber. Nevertheless, the quality of the losses and the quality of the wins, and the margins, are and should be taken into account in analyzing how good a team is and whether the team is improving. As I said before, the playoff committee has specifically said that they take into account the quality of losses and strength of schedule. A close loss to a Pac-12 team is worth more than a win over Idaho.

Sure, but on the other hand MSU didn't beat teams very soundly in their wins. Beat PSU, NOCO, and us by 1 score. UND and ISU are their only wins by more than a score. So as close as their "good losses" were to wins, their close wins against weak teams (UM was ok) is not impressive at all and pretty much negates their "good losses," imo. You don't see Cat fans talking about their close wins. Those were just wins. But, the losses, man those could have went either way, lol. In reality MSU could have went 3-8 this year with lots of good losses, just as they "could have" made the playoffs minus a play or ten.

PlayerRep said:
Alaska Griz said:
poorgriz said:
Ursus1 said:

Didn't the poster say they would know by 2019 if Choate can build a championship program, not that they will be a championship program or contender by then. Big difference. I agree with the poster. By 2019, MSU will know whether the program is improving at a rate that can get them to be a championship caliber program.

Guess I wasn't sure how they would "know" they were a "championship program" without actually winning a championship. There was talk that Ash had built a championship caliber program by their fans when he was here, which we now know was only a good Big Sky team and nothing more. In my mind, NDSU and JMU have had the only "championship programs" in FCS in the last 6 years, unfortunately. Even SHSU has not been able to get over the hump, despite having really good offenses every year but only a really good D to go along with it one of those years.

I also think quite a bit of their "success" is owed to Gregorak. Not sure how long he'll stay there, but he has been one of the few bright spots for them the last two years and probably contributed significantly in the Cat Griz games.

41SGbye697L._SY355_.jpg

Back