• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Spring scrimmage

Sam A. Blitz said:
Spring scrimmage... Most of the time the defense is going to look better than it really is and the offense is going to look worse than it really is. Sandry has seen those plays hundreds of times and knew exactly how to read them. The front 7 knew exactly how to make the right reads, because they've seen that limited part of the offense a hundred times.

Saying that, the 1st team OL just flat out got dominated by the 1st team front 7. Hard to tell if that is an indication of how good our DL/LB are or if our OL really hasn't progressed. Won't know until this fall.

You can guys spend the off-season panicking and whining, but seems like a waste of energy...

It's the eGriz way. I may even throw in some bitching and moaning.

best part of the scrimmage was Hills long passes.
the stitt offense dosen't inspire me, always seems to be disorganized.

cats offense looked better.

behappp said:
DB's, esp. CB's? How 'bout 'em? Good, Bad or Ugly?

Hard to say....
dline was on he QB within 3 seconds on every play. If the dline can replicate that against the rest of the FCS, the CB won't need to be lights out.

Paytonlives said:
behappp said:
DB's, esp. CB's? How 'bout 'em? Good, Bad or Ugly?

Hard to say....
dline was on he QB within 3 seconds on every play. If the dline can replicate that against the rest of the FCS, the CB won't need to be lights out.

Front 7 made it a pretty easy day for the DB's.

BillingsMafia said:

Cats defense is sh#t. #Owntheswisscheese

HelenaHandBasket said:
Ursus1 said:
3rd year with bad oline, pretty soon going to have to quit blaming Mick.

Mick is still not off the hook.

When will the oline play be on Stitt/Germer? How many years of coaching and chances to find JC linemen to fill in do they get? Seems D line reinforcements were brought in from JC/drop downs but not on OL. This is 3rd season of what looks like a subpar oline

Ursus1 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Ursus1 said:

When will the oline play be on Stitt/Germer? How many years of coaching and chances to find JC linemen to fill in do they get? Seems D line reinforcements were brought in from JC/drop downs but not on OL. This is 3rd season of what looks like a subpar oline

I think you are missing the point. Just because Stitt/Germer may fail does not give Mick a pass. Mick left the well dry.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Ursus1 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Ursus1 said:

I think you are missing the point. Just because Stitt/Germer may fail does not give Mick a pass. Mick left the well dry.

I Understand he did. BUT when does Stit and crew start getting the blame for the current oline? Seems a lot want to keep blaming Mick, but seems Stitt and company have not improved it much and it is year 3 of Germer coaching and chances to get help with JC etc. When you have a well that is dry, you fix it or import water from another source.

Ursus1 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Ursus1 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

I Understand he did. BUT when does Stit and crew start getting the blame for the current oline? Seems a lot want to keep blaming Mick, but seems Stitt and company have not improved it much and it is year 3 of Germer coaching and chances to get help with JC etc. When you have a well that is dry, you fix it or import water from another source.

I think they have from some, and probably from most if this year is a struggle.

They're saying we've got 4 schollies to burn.

I say we give one to Jace Lewis and the other three on some dropdown offensive linemen. I love Conlan Beaver and I think he'll be a good on, but he needs another year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brewskis said:

I say we give one to Jace Lewis and the other three on some dropdown offensive linemen. I love Conlan Beaver and I think he'll be a good on, but he needs another year.

Jace Lewis, a running back, a corner, an olineman

AZDoc said:
brewskis said:

Jace Lewis, a running back, a corner, an olineman
I can buy a corner....I think we could be alright though. A little thin but the 5 guys that we do have are solid.

With Calhoun and Green we've got two studs. McCombs could come around, and Moody has had a solid camp.

We need talented linemen in the worst way. Without that we'll just send more RB's to the dogs.

BillingsMafia said:

What if I told you that long pass was thrown by .... Gresch Jensen.

MrTitleist said:
BillingsMafia said:

He threw that pass off his back foot and didn't get to step into the throw. It would have been a touchdown otherwise. That was the play of the game hell of a throw.

grizaremoregooder said:
MrTitleist said:
BillingsMafia said:

He threw that pass off his back foot and didn't get to step into the throw. It would have been a touchdown otherwise. That was the play of the game hell of a throw.

Gresch threw a beauty to JLM, but Hills 38 yard TD strike to Toure was a beauty too.

HookedonGriz said:
grizaremoregooder said:
MrTitleist said:
BillingsMafia said:

Gresch threw a beauty to JLM, but Hills 38 yard TD strike to Toure was a beauty too.

You bet!

HelenaHandBasket said:
Paytonlives said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Paytonlives said:
Relax...

Spring football games are much like Spring MLB games.

It's more about individual battles then the team score.

I.E. your never as good or as bad as you look.

And the #1OL is losing every single battle.....badly

Or is the dline just that good... no one will know until the Griz play someone else.

I respect the spin Payton...at least the kicking game looks stellar.

Did you see the missed extra point.

Running backs...oline...cluster...and the qb clap, what a boon for the dline.

Why are all our RB's smaller than carnival rides require.

fanofzoo said:
Running backs...oline...cluster...and the qb clap, what a boon for the dline.

Why are all our RB's smaller than carnival rides require.

The QB clap is driving me crazy. So damn predictable. It has to stop. DE's had a damn field day keying off it.

Latest posts

Back