• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Spring scrimmage

Relax...

Spring football games are much like Spring MLB games.

It's more about individual battles then the team score.

I.E. your never as good or as bad as you look.

Paytonlives said:
Relax...

And the #1OL is losing every single battle.....badly

HelenaHandBasket said:
Paytonlives said:
Relax...

Or is the dline just that good... no one will know until the Griz play someone else.

Paytonlives said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Paytonlives said:
Relax...

Or is the dline just that good... no one will know until the Griz play someone else.

I respect the spin Payton...at least the kicking game looks stellar.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Paytonlives said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Paytonlives said:
Relax...

I respect the spin Payton...at least the kicking game looks stellar.

No it sucks...

HelenaHandBasket said:
PhxGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
PhxGriz said:
I am only following AJ's tweets, but Hill sounds like he is playing pretty well today.

Hill is getting results, but he is not having to play the same game as the other QB's.

Isn't he with the #2 Offense vs #1D? He should have the tougher draw.

#2 O vs #2 D, #1 O vs #1 D

Thanks. From AJ's twitter feed, I thought it was the format I quoted.

I just hate when college kickers miss extra points... blocked is one thing, missing is totally unexceptable...

Awesome drive by Jensen there.

Seems like he's been better throughout the entire spring at getting the ball in the end zone when we get into the red zone.

uofmman1122 said:

Seems like he's been better throughout the entire spring at getting the ball in the end zone when we get into the red zone.

Hill has done a great job as well. Espically considering he has been learning offense quickly!!

Grizzly96 said:
uofmman1122 said:

Hill has done a great job as well. Espically considering he has been learning offense quickly!!
Would've liked to see what he could have done against the 1's today. I get that Jensen and Phillips need reps, but Hill definitely had the best day.

The good...
Caleb Hill, Josh Sandry and the #1 D...

The bad...
O explosive plays

The ugly...
Phillips and the oline...the kickers were horrible

uofmman1122 said:
Grizzly96 said:
uofmman1122 said:

Would've liked to see what he could have done against the 1's today. I get that Jensen and Phillips need reps, but Hill definitely had the best day.

I agree 100%. Would have liked to see if he could have provided spark to first team. He showed what he can do with his legs and arm. He is gamer for sure.

I thought the D looked great. I agree with Payton that the reason the O line looked so bad is because the D was that good. Phillips played a miserable game. I think whatever chance he had at the starting job is quickly starting to vanish. I thought Jensen played pretty good considering he wasn't on the field that much today. Hill played lights out with the twos. He's a making a statement that he deserves a chance with the 1s. Semenza has got to be the worst kicker I have ever seen . That's just ridiculous. Purdy is a much better kicker and they need to go with him because Semenza's terrible. Overall I'll rate the spring game as a 7.5 out of 1-10. Great crowd today. Thanks for coming out everyone. Go Griz.

Spring scrimmage... Most of the time the defense is going to look better than it really is and the offense is going to look worse than it really is. Sandry has seen those plays hundreds of times and knew exactly how to read them. The front 7 knew exactly how to make the right reads, because they've seen that limited part of the offense a hundred times.

Saying that, the 1st team OL just flat out got dominated by the 1st team front 7. Hard to tell if that is an indication of how good our DL/LB are or if our OL really hasn't progressed. Won't know until this fall.

You can guys spend the off-season panicking and whining, but seems like a waste of energy...

HelenaHandBasket said:
Paytonlives said:
I just hate when college kickers miss extra points... blocked is one thing, missing is totally unexceptable...

The missed FG and 17 yard punt don't help either.

Unacceptable. :D What was the distance on the missed FG? Was it windy today? 17 yard punt??? :roll: And kicking at altitude (5800 feet)?? Any other kicking comments?

Latest posts

Back