• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Post Game; inexcusable

Montana37 said:
AZDoc said:
Ok so I get people want Stitt gone, but how exactly did he blow it? Serious question. Good offensive production, had to settle for field goals, probably needed to pass more in first half.
Defensive coordinator is the goat here. Played decently initially, but giving up 946 yards rushing, 3rd and 35 call? Not making a stop on a 9 minute drive to start the 3rd. Communication to the defense causing alignment issues. He’s the problem, and all season people have said that.
I like Stitt, trying to figure out exactly what people think his problem is besides Semore hire. Not getting them up for the game? Clock management? Dropping passes in big situations? Think Semore is the issue.
Stitt is the Head Coach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It all starts and stops with the HC. He needs to let Selle OC fully and actually RUN a football team. First things first, one member of staff is underperforming...

Lovethecats75 said:
PSLGriz said:
Griz haven't gotten soft. They played tough and hard. They weren't getting pushed around. Big mistake was the one time they did that standup pass rush package and got gashed for a 70 yarder

We had some key drive killing drops in the 1st half. Game plan was for the D line to take up blocks and contain which they did.
Even with the MSU needed help to win. I am not saying it would have changed the outcome but it would have been different.
Rewatch the game.
1) 1st pass interference all against UM was awful. Instead of FG attempt it was 7
2) the called fumble call on Jensen was as bad a call as I have ever seen.
3) apparently the refs forgot to officiate on our last play. Clearly the defender was there way early and should have been called.
4) Jensen was called for simulating the snap against Weber. His head didn't move and he clapped. Murray today would make Peyton Manning blush. All day today I thought he was having seizures seeing has head and body move on the hard counts. It got Sims in aun the red zone and almost got the tackles again on the next play.
5) lack of holding calls. Period.
Again I am not saying any of this changes the outcome but it would have been nice to find out.
You forgot this one missed by the officials
f56c725128683bd4867be2fcd0b19c95.jpg

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
Hand doesn’t appear to be inside the helmet

Griz40 said:
ORsurfer said:
Really can't stomach this shit anymore. We're not a good team and haven't been for years. When I was a student 89 - 93 football sucked and nobody cared; right back there and I have no answers... I think the players give their all but they're not good enough to win.... :(

There were some EPIC games during this time though! No losses to the scats for one thing! EVER during that time! Record number of INT's against Boise State(at that time) when they came to visit (pretty sure it was in that time frame----that game was a slobber knocker every year!). Hard battles against Nevada Reno and Idaho. Not to mention the start of Dave Dickenson's career and the beginning of a long string of playoff runs. And yes, I am partial to the old Copper Silver and Gold colors....so to me that was kind of the verge of the Golden Age of Griz Football for me! :)

Yep, I went to every game and was close with the players that lived in Miller Hall. Awesome guys. I will never disrespect the players, no doubt they give it everything. As an alumni I give all I can afford to the U; just seems with our rep, facilities etc. we should be doing better...

we were out coached and out played....we were not nearly as physical as msu...say what you will,,,,but choate had his team coached up........im sick !

oh, and if stitt spins this,,,,we learned from this today, young,will reevaluate, will talk about this every single day, etc....then he loses all credibility with me..... still sick in my stomach !

what bothers me , or one of the many things that bother me, is this offensive guy was out coached by bobkittens off. Did you see all the new plays cats ran? Did you see repetitive play calling by MSU? Did you see some "trick" play attempts by the cats? Our offense bland , boring , and predictable----runs up the gut , a swing pass, same old stuff we have run game after game -"-offensive genius?" I just don't see it. Hopefully his next play call will be where to take the Uhaul out here!

by HelenaHandBasket » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:48 pm

griz5700 wrote: ↑Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:45 pm
Not really buying into the “fight” of this staff or team honestly. Griz were the much more talented team today. They got out-coached and out hustled.

This “culture” sucks.

I still don't buy the "much more talented" angle.

This is so spot on. So many of you get so existed during recruiting season you almost cream yourselves and think Stitt recruits the best FCS players ever. But so many of you aren't really interested in understanding that EWU, Weber, S. Utah and other BS teams are also recruiting talent as well. So pretty much equal talent but coaching is suspect. I don't know if Haslam has a "list" but pretty much anyone who he could hire could produce a 7-4 team next year with what we have got. Funny how Stitt's best year was with other coaches recruits. Quit being namby-pamby titcalfs and face the music that Stitt isn't up to the job.

sdk.catfish said:

Not really buying into the “fight” of this staff or team honestly. Griz were the much more talented team today. They got out-coached and out hustled.

This “culture” sucks.

This is so spot on. So many of you get so existed during recruiting season you almost cream yourselves and think Stitt recruits the best FCS players ever. But so many of you aren't really interested in understanding that EWU, Weber, S. Utah and other BS teams are also recruiting talent as well. So pretty much equal talent but coaching is suspect. I don't know if Haslam has a "list" but pretty much anyone who he could hire could produce a 7-4 team next year with what we have got. Funny how Stitt's best year was with other coaches recruits. Quit being namby-pamby titcalfs and face the music that Stitt isn't up to the job.
It makes little difference recruiting talented players if you can’t teach them anything because you don’t have the knowledge.

rainbear14 said:
what bothers me , or one of the many things that bother me, is this offensive guy was out coached by bobkittens off. Did you see all the new plays cats ran? Did you see repetitive play calling by MSU? Did you see some "trick" play attempts by the cats? Our offense bland , boring , and predictable----runs up the gut , a swing pass, same old stuff we have run game after game -"-offensive genius?" I just don't see it. Hopefully his next play call will be where to take the Uhaul out here!

Nailed it!

Spanky said:
sdk.catfish said:

This “culture” sucks.

It makes little difference recruiting talented players if you can’t teach them anything because you don’t have the knowledge.

But, but, but....7-4!!!!

To me the issue is not just culture but also lack of enthusiasm and motivation on the part of the staff. Did you see Gregorak on the sideline--here is a guy who had the defense motivated and he was also (for a good reason for sure since he is a former Griz coach) Long gone are the days when we were tougher and meaner than the opposition and I have not seen that under Stitt. Making a change at the top is difficult but you have to do what you have to do. Look at Georgia--one down year under a new coach and now they are 10-1 and rolling. Change most often is for the better.

To me the issue is not just culture but also lack of enthusiasm and motivation on the part of the staff. Did you see Gregorak on the sideline--here is a guy who had the defense motivated and he was also (for a good reason for sure since he is a former Griz coach) Long gone are the days when we were tougher and meaner than the opposition and I have not seen that under Stitt. Making a change at the top is difficult but you have to do what you have to do. Look at Georgia--one down year under a new coach and now they are 10-1 and rolling. Change most often is for the better.

Montana37 said:
406grizfan4life said:
Brint... :thumb: :thumb: There are so many ways this game should have gone our way, but it didn't. a couple of dropped passes in the first half,some un-timley penalties, would have made a difference. I know this is going to turn into a fire Stitt...fire Semore, hell......just drop the football program kind of poop storm. These kids played there heart out, and I also say THANKS FOR THE SEASON YOU GUYS GAVE US!! I can see where this team is heading, and the Big Sky needs to take notice and also the naysayers where this program is heading. that incomplete pass called a fumble?????WOW, it was NOT a fumble...oh well, got some great recruits coming in, have a bright future for the program...GO GRIZ!!
How long have we been saying the same thing you just did and the next year it’s the same crap?

For 2 decades we didn’t even consider life without a Griz playoff run. This garbage product the Griz have put on the field since Bobby Hauck left is disgraceful. The Big Sky shouldn’t be on notice!!!! It shouldn’t even be a topic of discussion. The Griz should be Big Sky champs and going to the playoffs every year! That’s the expectation and that’s what should be happening.

Fahque said:
Lovethecats75 said:
PSLGriz said:
Griz haven't gotten soft. They played tough and hard. They weren't getting pushed around. Big mistake was the one time they did that standup pass rush package and got gashed for a 70 yarder

We had some key drive killing drops in the 1st half. Game plan was for the D line to take up blocks and contain which they did.
Even with the MSU needed help to win. I am not saying it would have changed the outcome but it would have been different.
Rewatch the game.
1) 1st pass interference all against UM was awful. Instead of FG attempt it was 7
2) the called fumble call on Jensen was as bad a call as I have ever seen.
3) apparently the refs forgot to officiate on our last play. Clearly the defender was there way early and should have been called.
4) Jensen was called for simulating the snap against Weber. His head didn't move and he clapped. Murray today would make Peyton Manning blush. All day today I thought he was having seizures seeing has head and body move on the hard counts. It got Sims in aun the red zone and almost got the tackles again on the next play.
5) lack of holding calls. Period.
Again I am not saying any of this changes the outcome but it would have been nice to find out.
You forgot this one missed by the officials
f56c725128683bd4867be2fcd0b19c95.jpg

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
Hand doesn’t appear to be inside the helmet
Grabbing the bottom of the facemask.

mtgriz said:
rainbear14 said:

Nailed it!
Yes he did nail it .
Our offense is called insanity, doing the same thing over and over and over again expecting different results. (BTW that was my wife's idea)

Haslam needs to go. Let's not forget he was hired by engstrom! Everything the former UofM president touched should be dismantled.

Griz66 said:

:clap: :clap: :thumb:

griznative24 said:
Haslam needs to go. Let's not forget he was hired by engstrom! Everything the former UofM president touched should be dismantled.

:clap: :clap: :thumb:

Latest posts

Back