• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Post Game; inexcusable

Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
PlayerRep said:
I am sick for the seniors and the team. 2 years in a row with Cats winning and keeping Griz out of playoffs.

As Brint said, so many small but important plays not made. Starting with not getting TD on opening drive.

Cats were eventually able to keep ball away from JLM on returns.

Head phone problems. Ref injured. None of this helped the game, for either side, I suppose.

Good lord...what the hell are you talking about? You are the epitome of a moron, and it continues to astonish me how you managed to graduate from high school (let alone law school)!

Nope, you are the moron. Total idiot. You don't understand the game, and you don't support the team. You are just a troll.

PSLGriz said:
Griz haven't gotten soft. They played tough and hard. They weren't getting pushed around. Big mistake was the one time they did that standup pass rush package and got gashed for a 70 yarder

We had some key drive killing drops in the 1st half. Game plan was for the D line to take up blocks and contain which they did.
Even with the MSU needed help to win. I am not saying it would have changed the outcome but it would have been different.
Rewatch the game.
1) 1st pass interference all against UM was awful. Instead of FG attempt it was 7
2) the called fumble call on Jensen was as bad a call as I have ever seen.
3) apparently the refs forgot to officiate on our last play. Clearly the defender was there way early and should have been called.
4) Jensen was called for simulating the snap against Weber. His head didn't move and he clapped. Murray today would make Peyton Manning blush. All day today I thought he was having seizures seeing has head and body move on the hard counts. It got Sims in aun the red zone and almost got the tackles again on the next play.
5) lack of holding calls. Period.
Again I am not saying any of this changes the outcome but it would have been nice to find out.
Well that’s why they play because those things do happen. Can’t keep making excuses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigsky33 said:
So much for stopping Murray this year. Going to be a long ride back to Missoula. Kermit the frog Stitt will be crying!

Congrats to you and your team. Hey played well, almost like they cared about winning...good luck in the post season.

bigsky33 said:
So much for stopping Murray this year. Going to be a long ride back to Missoula. Kermit the frog Stitt will be crying!

NO, NO HE WON'T, be looking for a fall guy

mtgriz said:
Last year, got schooled. This year, embraced the late season slide and assumed somehow that would fix it. Next year, stop talking or thinking and just f*ing do it.
f* next year and kicking can down the road.

jakubusa said:
Ok, so last year's season finale stung. It was a disaster at home. But ok, he had a year to work it out. Return the favor, set things straight and ride into the playoffs with a good degree of momentum. He was hired to do just that, of course.

So here we are a year later. The same failed miserable end to the season.

If you don't perform, you are out. That's how it should be. Who really cares for winning seasons? That's just statistics. Maybe if you are in some low down program in Bozeman, but not here! We expect more, a lot more.

Brint, you can't be ok with yet another year with this coaching staff in place!

yes this stung...AGAIN!! but whats going to happen when we bring in a new staff...recruits leave, have to re-build AGAIN!! we will be right back where we are now, and when the next coach can't get it done, which I don't care who is brought in, will not get it done either, then off with his head too..and the carousel continues.

406grizfan4life said:
jakubusa said:
Ok, so last year's season finale stung. It was a disaster at home. But ok, he had a year to work it out. Return the favor, set things straight and ride into the playoffs with a good degree of momentum. He was hired to do just that, of course.

If you don't perform, you are out. That's how it should be. Who really cares for winning seasons? That's just statistics. Maybe if you are in some low down program in Bozeman, but not here! We expect more, a lot more.

yes this stung...AGAIN!! but whats going to happen when we bring in a new staff...recruits leave, have to re-build AGAIN!! we will be right back where we are now, and when the next coach can't get it done, which I don't care who is brought in, will not get it done either, then off with his head too..and the carousel continues.
We have the players in place. Need someone that can actually inspire and raise everyone’s level of play

PSLGriz said:
Griz haven't gotten soft. They played tough and hard. They weren't getting pushed around. Big mistake was the one time they did that standup pass rush package and got gashed for a 70 yarder

We had some key drive killing drops in the 1st half. Game plan was for the D line to take up blocks and contain which they did.
Even with the MSU needed help to win. I am not saying it would have changed the outcome but it would have been different.
Rewatch the game.
1) 1st pass interference all against UM was awful. Instead of FG attempt it was 7
3) apparently the refs forgot to officiate on our last play. Clearly the defender was there way early and should have been called.
4) Jensen was called for simulating the snap against Weber. His head didn't move and he clapped. Murray today would make Peyton Manning blush. All day today I thought he was having seizures seeing has head and body move on the hard counts. It got Sims in aun the red zone and almost got the tackles again on the next play.
Again I am not saying any of this changes the outcome but it would have been nice to find out.

Good points. I'd like to see a new D coordinator, but Murray continues to make our best defenders look silly even when they are in position. Losing Lesane will hurt them next year. I like Jensen with another year to mesh with the WR's, and add Moses to the RB stable. The balance tips to us next year. I hope we give Stitt one more year to have a great season, if not then 4 years is definitely enough.

406grizfan4life said:
jakubusa said:

the only future i see is the same ole stitt

406grizfan4life said:
jakubusa said:

Players don’t leave enmasse when there is a coaching change. Most have established roots in their education and social networks.

fanofzoo said:
406grizfan4life said:
jakubusa said:

the only future i see is the same ole stitt
Same here

Griz Man said:
PSLGriz said:

Rewatch the game.

Good points. I'd like to see a new D coordinator, but Murray continues to make our best defenders look silly even when they are in position. Losing Lesane will hurt them next year. I like Jensen with another year to mesh with the WR's, and add Moses to the RB stable. The balance tips to us next year. I hope we give Stitt one more year to have a great season, if not then 4 years is definitely enough.
Keep dreaming. The Cats have Troy Anderson coming back for three more years. Will not miss LaSane. Kermit the frog Stitt is in over his head.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Montana37 said:
We have the players in place.

I disagree. I am not saying the Griz don't have talent, but the overall talent isn't exceptional and is actually lacking at some positions.
Most teams have a couple of holes in their roster

406grizfan4life said:
Brint... :thumb: :thumb: There are so many ways this game should have gone our way, but it didn't. a couple of dropped passes in the first half,some un-timley penalties, would have made a difference. I know this is going to turn into a fire Stitt...fire Semore, hell......just drop the football program kind of poop storm. These kids played there heart out, and I also say THANKS FOR THE SEASON YOU GUYS GAVE US!! I can see where this team is heading, and the Big Sky needs to take notice and also the naysayers where this program is heading.

I am tired of reading these kids played their hearts out. Every kid from EVERY TEAM that plays will play their hearts out! I have watched three years of the Stitt era......its time for him to go unless the Griz want to stay at a 7-4 or 6-5 or 8-5 record. 2 years in a row you have the Cats and they are an average team or below average and you not only lose you lose bad both years. If we decide to keep the current coaching staff you will see the same record each and every year! It will come down to the last game or last two games of the season to make playoffs because we will be middle of the Big Sky race.

NDGrizz said:
406grizfan4life said:
Brint... :thumb: :thumb: There are so many ways this game should have gone our way, but it didn't. a couple of dropped passes in the first half,some un-timley penalties, would have made a difference. I know this is going to turn into a fire Stitt...fire Semore, hell......just drop the football program kind of poop storm. These kids played there heart out, and I also say THANKS FOR THE SEASON YOU GUYS GAVE US!! I can see where this team is heading, and the Big Sky needs to take notice and also the naysayers where this program is heading.

I am tired of reading these kids played their hearts out. Every kid from EVERY TEAM that plays will play their hearts out! I have watched three years of the Stitt era......its time for him to go unless the Griz want to stay at a 7-4 or 6-5 or 8-5 record. 2 years in a row you have the Cats and they are an average team or below average and you not only lose you lose bad both years. If we decide to keep the current coaching staff you will see the same record each and every year! It will come down to the last game or last two games of the season to make playoffs because we will be middle of the Big Sky race.
Exactly

Montana37 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Montana37 said:
We have the players in place.

I disagree. I am not saying the Griz don't have talent, but the overall talent isn't exceptional and is actually lacking at some positions.
Most teams have a couple of holes in their roster.
Yep; so we line up well with "most teams." Wonderful.

Back