• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Post Game; inexcusable

TCCGRIZ said:
mtgriz said:
rainbear14 said:
what bothers me , or one of the many things that bother me, is this offensive guy was out coached by bobkittens off. Did you see all the new plays cats ran? Did you see repetitive play calling by MSU? Did you see some "trick" play attempts by the cats? Our offense bland , boring , and predictable----runs up the gut , a swing pass, same old stuff we have run game after game -"-offensive genius?" I just don't see it. Hopefully his next play call will be where to take the Uhaul out here!

Nailed it!
Yes he did nail it .
Our offense is called insanity, doing the same thing over and over and over again expecting different results. (BTW that was my wife's idea)

Pssh. And she'd know, how? Does she do the same thing over and over again and expect diff--Oh!

braves84 said:
Fahque said:
Lovethecats75 said:
PSLGriz said:
Griz haven't gotten soft. They played tough and hard. They weren't getting pushed around. Big mistake was the one time they did that standup pass rush package and got gashed for a 70 yarder

We had some key drive killing drops in the 1st half. Game plan was for the D line to take up blocks and contain which they did.
Even with the MSU needed help to win. I am not saying it would have changed the outcome but it would have been different.
Rewatch the game.
1) 1st pass interference all against UM was awful. Instead of FG attempt it was 7
2) the called fumble call on Jensen was as bad a call as I have ever seen.
3) apparently the refs forgot to officiate on our last play. Clearly the defender was there way early and should have been called.
4) Jensen was called for simulating the snap against Weber. His head didn't move and he clapped. Murray today would make Peyton Manning blush. All day today I thought he was having seizures seeing has head and body move on the hard counts. It got Sims in aun the red zone and almost got the tackles again on the next play.
5) lack of holding calls. Period.
Again I am not saying any of this changes the outcome but it would have been nice to find out.
You forgot this one missed by the officials
f56c725128683bd4867be2fcd0b19c95.jpg

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
Hand doesn’t appear to be inside the helmet
Grabbing the bottom of the facemask.
We definitely got away with one there, but considering the several PI non calls, I thinks it’s ok.

CDAGRIZ said:
TCCGRIZ said:
mtgriz said:
rainbear14 said:
what bothers me , or one of the many things that bother me, is this offensive guy was out coached by bobkittens off. Did you see all the new plays cats ran? Did you see repetitive play calling by MSU? Did you see some "trick" play attempts by the cats? Our offense bland , boring , and predictable----runs up the gut , a swing pass, same old stuff we have run game after game -"-offensive genius?" I just don't see it. Hopefully his next play call will be where to take the Uhaul out here!

Nailed it!
Yes he did nail it .
Our offense is called insanity, doing the same thing over and over and over again expecting different results. (BTW that was my wife's idea)

Pssh. And she'd know, how? Does she do the same thing over and over again and expect diff--Oh!

Damn near made me piss my pants CDA .
She does ,been trying to train me for a loong time
With the same results lol

Fahque said:
If he did or didn't doesn't matter. No flag was thrown so on the the next play. With the officials working a man down over all not much either team or their fans should complain about.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

HelenaHandBasket said:
GrizFBDad said:
griz5700 said:
Not really buying into the “fight” of this staff or team honestly. Griz were the much more talented team today. They got out-coached and out hustled.

This “culture” sucks.

Amen on the out coached part. It's not about the players. It all about the coaching and offensive philosophy.

Not sure the defensive philosophy should be ignored.

what defense philosophy

AZDoc said:
Ok so I get people want Stitt gone, but how exactly did he blow it? Serious question. Good offensive production, had to settle for field goals, probably needed to pass more in first half.
Defensive coordinator is the goat here. Played decently initially, but giving up 946 yards rushing, 3rd and 35 call? Not making a stop on a 9 minute drive to start the 3rd. Communication to the defense causing alignment issues. He’s the problem, and all season people have said that.
I like Stitt, trying to figure out exactly what people think his problem is besides Semore hire. Not getting them up for the game? Clock management? Dropping passes in big situations? Think Semore is the issue.

seems like you answered your own question

AZDoc said:
Ok so I get people want Stitt gone, but how exactly did he blow it? Serious question. Good offensive production, had to settle for field goals, probably needed to pass more in first half.
Defensive coordinator is the goat here. Played decently initially, but giving up 946 yards rushing, 3rd and 35 call? Not making a stop on a 9 minute drive to start the 3rd. Communication to the defense causing alignment issues. He’s the problem, and all season people have said that.
I like Stitt, trying to figure out exactly what people think his problem is besides Semore hire. Not getting them up for the game? Clock management? Dropping passes in big situations? Think Semore is the issue.
So you thought two TDs was sufficient to win this game? Play calling on 4th down and in the RZ really, really bush. The OC did not perform much better than the DC.

CO's#1GrizFan said:
Montana37 said:
406grizfan4life said:
Brint... :thumb: :thumb: There are so many ways this game should have gone our way, but it didn't. a couple of dropped passes in the first half,some un-timley penalties, would have made a difference. I know this is going to turn into a fire Stitt...fire Semore, hell......just drop the football program kind of poop storm. These kids played there heart out, and I also say THANKS FOR THE SEASON YOU GUYS GAVE US!! I can see where this team is heading, and the Big Sky needs to take notice and also the naysayers where this program is heading. that incomplete pass called a fumble?????WOW, it was NOT a fumble...oh well, got some great recruits coming in, have a bright future for the program...GO GRIZ!!
How long have we been saying the same thing you just did and the next year it’s the same crap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For 2 decades we didn’t even consider life without a Griz playoff run. This garbage product the Griz have put on the field since Bobby Hauck left is disgraceful. The Big Sky shouldn’t be on notice!!!! It shouldn’t even be a topic of discussion. The Griz should be Big Sky champs and going to the playoffs every year! That’s the expectation and that’s what should be happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well..that was great when BH was here...but he just couldn't get the NC...Micromanager, had to win it his way...guess both BH and BS have the same problem...Micromanaging...yeah its nice to win the Big Sky and make the playoffs..but isn't the goal to win it all?? How many tries did BH have to do it??? but hey, it only took another D-II coach one year to win it all.

Griz66 said:
To me the issue is not just culture but also lack of enthusiasm and motivation on the part of the staff. Did you see Gregorak on the sideline--here is a guy who had the defense motivated and he was also (for a good reason for sure since he is a former Griz coach) Long gone are the days when we were tougher and meaner than the opposition and I have not seen that under Stitt. Making a change at the top is difficult but you have to do what you have to do. Look at Georgia--one down year under a new coach and now they are 10-1 and rolling. Change most often is for the better.

What I see with the Cats with Gregorak is how the Griz used to play defense_ with emotion and with a mean attitude. Just an observation. Glad the Cats have him.

Hawkeyebowhunter said:
Haslam has 2 days to get rid of stitt and co, at least do the man a favor and fire his worthless ass before the middle of the week so he can spend Thanksgiving at home with his family.

If he isn't gone, Haslam needs to go.

Coach Hauck, a huge majority of Griz fans want you back

You’ve personally polled a huge majority of Griz fans?

That’s pretty fucking amazing.

griznative24 said:
kemajic said:
Two years to stop a QB draw. Not up to it.

I agree with you, but when is the last time the Griz stopped an option? Not an excuse, but not surprising at all.
An option is a bit more complicated to stop than a QB draw, time after time.

kemajic said:
AZDoc said:
So you thought two TDs was sufficient to win this game? Play calling on 4th down and in the RZ really, really bush. The OC did not perform much better than the DC.

I disagree. Yes there were play calls that you wonder why, but you have an agenda. If you can’t see the defense was the issue, that’s on you. There were play calls the cats had that I shook my head. Happens every game at every level. The defensive scheme lost this, and other games this season. Stitts major issue for me is that he hung with Semore.

I don't why I was surprised at them converting on 3rd and 35 when 3rd and 15 or 20 was a common conversion this year. I don't recall seeing that on a regular basis at any level of football.

jodcon said:
I don't why I was surprised at them converting on 3rd and 35 when 3rd and 15 or 20 was a common conversion this year. I don't recall seeing that on a regular basis at any level of football.

Just before they converted that I told my wife the same thing. Just ridiculous

Back