• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Post Game; inexcusable

Hawkeyebowhunter said:
Haslam has 2 days to get rid of stitt and co, at least do the man a favor and fire his worthless ass before the middle of the week so he can spend Thanksgiving at home with his family.

If he isn't gone, Haslam needs to go.

Coach Hauck, a huge majority of Griz fans want you back

This is right...exactly how many fans feel...more than you think

I have been a Stitt fan since he has got hired. I believe we have the better players by far. And I know any player that puts on the Griz uni will do anything in their power too rep the nation. But the coaches just can't do it.

PlayerRep said:
Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
PlayerRep said:
I am sick for the seniors and the team. 2 years in a row with Cats winning and keeping Griz out of playoffs.

As Brint said, so many small but important plays not made. Starting with not getting TD on opening drive.

Cats were eventually able to keep ball away from JLM on returns.

Head phone problems. Ref injured. None of this helped the game, for either side, I suppose.

Good lord...what the hell are you talking about? You are the epitome of a moron, and it continues to astonish me how you managed to graduate from high school (let alone law school)!

Nope, you are the moron. Total idiot. You don't understand the game, and you don't support the team. You are just a troll.

Ha! Your utter inability to put together even a sentence that makes sense exposes you as the moron that you are! That you "defend" people is hilarious! As an aside, as a DA, I'd be licking my chops at the news that you were on the other side of the docket. Dipshit.

griz5700 said:
Not really buying into the “fight” of this staff or team honestly. Griz were the much more talented team today. They got out-coached and out hustled.

This “culture” sucks.

Amen on the out coached part. It's not about the players. It all about the coaching and offensive philosophy.

GrizFBDad said:
griz5700 said:
Not really buying into the “fight” of this staff or team honestly. Griz were the much more talented team today. They got out-coached and out hustled.

This “culture” sucks.

Amen on the out coached part. It's not about the players. It all about the coaching and offensive philosophy.

Not sure the defensive philosophy should be ignored.

GrizFBDad said:
griz5700 said:

This “culture” sucks.

It seems like the guys out there didn’t have the we are Montana attitude and the cats have stuck it to them the last two years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't read anything above. I will tomorrow, but all I know is Stitt has to go. We have the facilities and the stadium with the pedigree and it needs to start fresh right frickin NOW!

GrizFBDad said:
griz5700 said:

This “culture” sucks.

Uh, it's also about defensive philosophy.

CDAGRIZ said:
Thanks to the team for another providing us with another year of Griz Football. I am very optimistic about these players going forward. I'll just leave it at that for now.

Classy post. :thumb:

So I am just going to vomit all this out real quick here and know that it might not make a lot of sense as this is all gut reaction but oh well I just need to get this out.
1. 2 losses 2 years in a row is inexcusable. 2 losses 2 years in a row AND not making the playoffs...INCONCEIVABLE....and far worse than just the losses. (And no this is not a quote from Princess Bride)
2. Gresch really excites me for the future from a QB perspective! And I believe that if there is an extension it is in large part due to this young man.
3. Playcalling in this particular game has been vanilla for the last 3 years when this should NOT be the case. This game should be the game to pull out ALL the tricks....on offense, defense AND special teams!! What ever happened to trying a trick play on a punt or field goal (or offense!!) for this one game that you practice all season long and show to no other team until you pull it out for this game?!
4. I have yet to see a killer, put a foot on a throat and break a scat neck kind of attitude since Stitt has come along....slight small sparks...but it seems there is no sustainable "killer instinct" other than the play or two. Swagger....is that the word I am looking for? Not sure but that doesn't seem strong enough. We OWN them historically....and we are the GRIZ!!! SWAGGER should be a GIVEN!!!!
4. Gregorak has Semore's and Stitt's number.....Stitt needed to recognize that and gameplan for it like he KNEW it was coming.....because he SHOULD BY NOW. Semore just gets schooled. You can see it when you recognize the scats run a Stitt based play with success against us......just a slap in the face saying "Eff You".
5. My kneejerk reaction is fire the whole staff. Probably unrealistic........but if there is an extension I would LOVE to see a new defensive coordinator and special teams coach. There is enough talent on this team that coaching seems to be the biggest obstacle to success. Need some innovation on all sides of the ball when it comes to this particular game.

But this is all just my humble opinion.

Griz40 said:
So I am just going to vomit all this out real quick here and know that it might not make a lot of sense as this is all gut reaction but oh well I just need to get this out.
1. 2 losses 2 years in a row is inexcusable. 2 losses 2 years in a row AND not making the playoffs...INCONCEIVABLE....and far worse than just the losses. (And no this is not a quote from Princess Bride)
2. Gresch really excites me for the future from a QB perspective! And I believe that if there is an extension it is in large part due to this young man.
3. Playcalling in this particular game has been vanilla for the last 3 years when this should NOT be the case. This game should be the game to pull out ALL the tricks....on offense, defense AND special teams!! What ever happened to trying a trick play on a punt or field goal (or offense!!) for this one game that you practice all season long and show to no other team until you pull it out for this game?!
4. I have yet to see a killer, put a foot on a throat and break a scat neck kind of attitude since Stitt has come along....slight small sparks...but it seems there is no sustainable "killer instinct" other than the play or two. Swagger....is that the word I am looking for? Not sure but that doesn't seem strong enough. We OWN them historically....and we are the GRIZ!!! SWAGGER should be a GIVEN!!!!
4. Gregorak has Semore's and Stitt's number.....Stitt needed to recognize that and gameplan for it like he KNEW it was coming.....because he SHOULD BY NOW. Semore just gets schooled. You can see it when you recognize the scats run a Stitt based play with success against us......just a slap in the face saying "Eff You".
5. My kneejerk reaction is fire the whole staff. Probably unrealistic........but if there is an extension I would LOVE to see a new defensive coordinator and special teams coach. There is enough talent on this team that coaching seems to be the biggest obstacle to success. Need some innovation on all sides of the ball when it comes to this particular game.

But this is all just my humble opinion.
I agree with all that and I hope that Stitt is gone.

One.Cool.Customer said:
I thought gj played a solid game, had one bad decision/throw into the 2 deep that lead to a pick but you noticed a lot of check downs to rb...those were good decisions. He clearly had an issue with the wrist or elbow at the end, yet nutted up and gave the team a chance.

Wish they were more aggressive with the play calling early in the game , but when you have favorable run fronts, it’s on the oline and rb to make them pay.

No playoffs again, 2 in a row to cats...frustrating doesn’t even begin to describe it

The decision to throw when he had the forward fumble pass, was questionable also. Looked like he could have got good gain and got out of bounds if he had just run it. Still came back to get the final drive down the field, if only there was another 60 seconds on the clock...

Overall, it’s pretty exciting to have a freshman QB play as well as he has. I think he is going to finish his career 3-1 against the cats.

Ok so I get people want Stitt gone, but how exactly did he blow it? Serious question. Good offensive production, had to settle for field goals, probably needed to pass more in first half.
Defensive coordinator is the goat here. Played decently initially, but giving up 946 yards rushing, 3rd and 35 call? Not making a stop on a 9 minute drive to start the 3rd. Communication to the defense causing alignment issues. He’s the problem, and all season people have said that.
I like Stitt, trying to figure out exactly what people think his problem is besides Semore hire. Not getting them up for the game? Clock management? Dropping passes in big situations? Think Semore is the issue.

AZDoc said:
Ok so I get people want Stitt gone, but how exactly did he blow it? Serious question. Good offensive production, had to settle for field goals, probably needed to pass more in first half.
Defensive coordinator is the goat here. Played decently initially, but giving up 946 yards rushing, 3rd and 35 call? Not making a stop on a 9 minute drive to start the 3rd. Communication to the defense causing alignment issues. He’s the problem, and all season people have said that.
I like Stitt, trying to figure out exactly what people think his problem is besides Semore hire. Not getting them up for the game? Clock management? Dropping passes in big situations? Think Semore is the issue.
Stitt is the Head Coach

Really can't stomach this shit anymore. We're not a good team and haven't been for years. When I was a student 89 - 93 football sucked and nobody cared; right back there and I have no answers... I think the players give their all but they're not good enough to win.... :(

ORsurfer said:
Really can't stomach this shit anymore. We're not a good team and haven't been for years. When I was a student 89 - 93 football sucked and nobody cared; right back there and I have no answers... I think the players give their all but they're not good enough to win.... :(

There were some EPIC games during this time though! No losses to the scats for one thing! EVER during that time! Record number of INT's against Boise State(at that time) when they came to visit (pretty sure it was in that time frame----that game was a slobber knocker every year!). Hard battles against Nevada Reno and Idaho. Not to mention the start of Dave Dickenson's career and the beginning of a long string of playoff runs. And yes, I am partial to the old Copper Silver and Gold colors....so to me that was kind of the verge of the Golden Age of Griz Football for me! :)

PSLGriz said:
Griz haven't gotten soft. They played tough and hard. They weren't getting pushed around. Big mistake was the one time they did that standup pass rush package and got gashed for a 70 yarder

We had some key drive killing drops in the 1st half. Game plan was for the D line to take up blocks and contain which they did.
Even with the MSU needed help to win. I am not saying it would have changed the outcome but it would have been different.
Rewatch the game.
1) 1st pass interference all against UM was awful. Instead of FG attempt it was 7
2) the called fumble call on Jensen was as bad a call as I have ever seen.
3) apparently the refs forgot to officiate on our last play. Clearly the defender was there way early and should have been called.
4) Jensen was called for simulating the snap against Weber. His head didn't move and he clapped. Murray today would make Peyton Manning blush. All day today I thought he was having seizures seeing has head and body move on the hard counts. It got Sims in aun the red zone and almost got the tackles again on the next play.
5) lack of holding calls. Period.
Again I am not saying any of this changes the outcome but it would have been nice to find out.
You forgot this one missed by the officials
f56c725128683bd4867be2fcd0b19c95.jpg

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Does anyone believe we were an improved team this year? If we had faced real competition early on instead of the two cupcake warm-up games we scheduled, we likely wind up with a record of 5-6 at best. So, I wonder, did we really progress this season? Or was if fool's gold? I feel like we have some really nice talent but we don't have the leadership to Steel it.

Montana37 said:
AZDoc said:
Stitt is the Head Coach

I totally get that, believe me. But I wouldn’t say he was the reason the season was 7-4. Changes should be made, no doubt, but defense is the issue and has been all season. He’s the head coach is the same excuse as when I tell my kids “because” as an excuse. What would you say are specific examples? Or is it just the buck stops with the head coach? I’m not trying to be a dick...I’m asking honestly. There are a few things I see he needs to do, but would love to hear specifics on what others feel are problems.
“His hurry up offense” doesn’t work, as when Oregon was kicking azz with hurry up nobody complained. Sometimes he needs to be more aggressive in play calls I’d concede for sure.

Latest posts

Back