• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Post Game; inexcusable

AZDoc said:
kemajic said:
AZDoc said:
Ok so I get people want Stitt gone, but how exactly did he blow it? Serious question. Good offensive production, had to settle for field goals, probably needed to pass more in first half.
Defensive coordinator is the goat here. Played decently initially, but giving up 946 yards rushing, 3rd and 35 call? Not making a stop on a 9 minute drive to start the 3rd. Communication to the defense causing alignment issues. He’s the problem, and all season people have said that.
I like Stitt, trying to figure out exactly what people think his problem is besides Semore hire. Not getting them up for the game? Clock management? Dropping passes in big situations? Think Semore is the issue.
So you thought two TDs was sufficient to win this game? Play calling on 4th down and in the RZ really, really bush. The OC did not perform much better than the DC.

I disagree. Yes there were play calls that you wonder why, but you have an agenda. If you can’t see the defense was the issue, that’s on you. There were play calls the cats had that I shook my head. Happens every game at every level. The defensive scheme lost this, and other games this season. Stitts major issue for me is that he hung with Semore.
I didn't say I couldn't see the defense issue. I have posted often about it. What I take issue with is your statement that it was all on the defense when the offense misfired often and put up two TD's, never enough to win this game even with better defense. There were OC calls just as outrageous as the DC calls. Too many on both sides to win, even against a 4-6 team.

To all you guys and gals who want to keep Stitt and fire our D coordinator I agree with you on getting rid of the guy that refers to his players as dudes. However the buck stops with Stitt-if he does not get rid of Semore; get rid of the head dude too. No matter what anyone says for the second year in a row we were out coached by a rookie head cat coach. Many of you think next year will be different-I can only ask what makes you think so and will add I heard the same thing last year.

Settle down people. Let the players have a moment in peace before everyone runs around with their hair on fire. Let's appreciate how hard these guys worked, and the joy they have brought us this year. For the seniors, most of them anyway, that was it. Give them the courtesy of acknowledging their effort.
As to the future, if I was Haslam, I would be talking to the seniors in the next few days. Ask them what they think needs to be done, and then do it. I have a suspicion, it's going to be give Stitt a renewal, but make it clear that it will be the last unless results improve.

fencer24 said:
Settle down people. Let the players have a moment in peace before everyone runs around with their hair on fire. Let's appreciate how hard these guys worked, and the joy they have brought us this year. For the seniors, most of them anyway, that was it. Give them the courtesy of acknowledging their effort.
As to the future, if I was Haslam, I would be talking to the seniors in the next few days. Ask them what they think needs to be done, and then do it. I have a suspicion, it's going to be give Stitt a renewal, but make it clear that it will be the last unless results improve.

what kind of leadership is that?..you never ask players to evaluate their coach..what player would
ever want to see their coach gone//this is nonsense!...talk with knowledgeable people who know the
game and coaching and seek their advise!

Hawkeyebowhunter said:
Haslam has 2 days to get rid of stitt and co, at least do the man a favor and fire his worthless ass before the middle of the week so he can spend Thanksgiving at home with his family.

If he isn't gone, Haslam needs to go.

Coach Hauck, a huge majority of Griz fans want you back

Holy shit Hawkeyebowhunter, you sound like you have some pull... maybe it’s just tough talk from mom’s basement that gives you all that bravado

You never should ask players what they would do about the coach. If Haslam can't see what needs to be done then he is also the problem. If we are willing to accept mediocrity then I say stay the course. Also to say we can't get a decent coach with the salary we pay is silly and then look no further than the enemy in Bozeman, he may not be a great coach but he has beaten us two out of two and his staff and the HC at least show some enthusiasm on the sidelines.

ORsurfer said:
Griz40 said:
ORsurfer said:
Really can't stomach this shit anymore. We're not a good team and haven't been for years. When I was a student 89 - 93 football sucked and nobody cared; right back there and I have no answers... I think the players give their all but they're not good enough to win.... :(

There were some EPIC games during this time though! No losses to the scats for one thing! EVER during that time! Record number of INT's against Boise State(at that time) when they came to visit (pretty sure it was in that time frame----that game was a slobber knocker every year!). Hard battles against Nevada Reno and Idaho. Not to mention the start of Dave Dickenson's career and the beginning of a long string of playoff runs. And yes, I am partial to the old Copper Silver and Gold colors....so to me that was kind of the verge of the Golden Age of Griz Football for me! :)

Yep, I went to every game and was close with the players that lived in Miller Hall. Awesome guys. I will never disrespect the players, no doubt they give it everything. As an alumni I give all I can afford to the U; just seems with our rep, facilities etc. we should be doing better...

+1. 89-93 was very near the start of the epic climb of Griz football. Wa-Griz was brand new and student section was rocking every game. Game day traditions started then...tailgating was fantastic. So....football didn't suck...and most people I know who were there cared deeply.

PeauxRouge said:
Does anyone believe we were an improved team this year? If we had faced real competition early on instead of the two cupcake warm-up games we scheduled, we likely wind up with a record of 5-6 at best. So, I wonder, did we really progress this season? Or was if fool's gold? I feel like we have some really nice talent but we don't have the leadership to Steel it.

Great post....Reality gets lost on many people.

406grizfan4life said:
CO's#1GrizFan said:
Montana37 said:
406grizfan4life said:
Brint... :thumb: :thumb: There are so many ways this game should have gone our way, but it didn't. a couple of dropped passes in the first half,some un-timley penalties, would have made a difference. I know this is going to turn into a fire Stitt...fire Semore, hell......just drop the football program kind of poop storm. These kids played there heart out, and I also say THANKS FOR THE SEASON YOU GUYS GAVE US!! I can see where this team is heading, and the Big Sky needs to take notice and also the naysayers where this program is heading. that incomplete pass called a fumble?????WOW, it was NOT a fumble...oh well, got some great recruits coming in, have a bright future for the program...GO GRIZ!!
How long have we been saying the same thing you just did and the next year it’s the same crap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For 2 decades we didn’t even consider life without a Griz playoff run. This garbage product the Griz have put on the field since Bobby Hauck left is disgraceful. The Big Sky shouldn’t be on notice!!!! It shouldn’t even be a topic of discussion. The Griz should be Big Sky champs and going to the playoffs every year! That’s the expectation and that’s what should be happening.

well..that was great when BH was here...but he just couldn't get the NC...Micromanager, had to win it his way...guess both BH and BS have the same problem...Micromanaging...yeah its nice to win the Big Sky and make the playoffs..but isn't the goal to win it all?? How many tries did BH have to do it??? but hey, it only took another D-II coach one year to win it all.

I would be happy to lose in the national championship game every year. I would be happy to get to the semis every year. I would be happy to be seeded every year. We haven't even been in the top 25 the past 2 years.

406grizfan4life said:
jakubusa said:
Ok, so last year's season finale stung. It was a disaster at home. But ok, he had a year to work it out. Return the favor, set things straight and ride into the playoffs with a good degree of momentum. He was hired to do just that, of course.

So here we are a year later. The same failed miserable end to the season.

If you don't perform, you are out. That's how it should be. Who really cares for winning seasons? That's just statistics. Maybe if you are in some low down program in Bozeman, but not here! We expect more, a lot more.

Brint, you can't be ok with yet another year with this coaching staff in place!

yes this stung...AGAIN!! but whats going to happen when we bring in a new staff...recruits leave, have to re-build AGAIN!! we will be right back where we are now, and when the next coach can't get it done, which I don't care who is brought in, will not get it done either, then off with his head too..and the carousel continues.

First off I think we all owe the players our gratitude for the hard work and effort they put in this year. Especially to our seniors who just played their last game as a Griz.
In an earlier post I suggested Stitt need to do three things to keep his job, have a winning record, beat the bobcats, and make the playoffs. I stand by that post and Stitt was not able to do even two thrids of that.
I don't take firing people lightly but at times it must be done for the benefit of the majority. Stitt seems to have plateaued this year by improving somewhat but clearly not enough. Semore keeps making the same defensive decisions that lead to losses. How many times has he called blitz on 3rd and long only to get burned by a delay or QB draw? Even Northern Colorado capitalized on that call and that lead to their only score.
What is that saying? "One definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expect a different result." Semore? Haslam?
The difficult question is whether to give Stitt a one year extension. He clearly has not earned a three year extension and I think the fan bas would react very negatively if Haslam gives him one. This all boils down to whether you believe Bob Stitt has the skills sets to develop into a competitive FCS level coach. Based on the past three years I would seriously doubt that he does.
It is time for a change.

PlayerRep said:
406grizfan4life said:
CO's#1GrizFan said:
Montana37 said:
How long have we been saying the same thing you just did and the next year it’s the same crap?

For 2 decades we didn’t even consider life without a Griz playoff run. This garbage product the Griz have put on the field since Bobby Hauck left is disgraceful. The Big Sky shouldn’t be on notice!!!! It shouldn’t even be a topic of discussion. The Griz should be Big Sky champs and going to the playoffs every year! That’s the expectation and that’s what should be happening.

well..that was great when BH was here...but he just couldn't get the NC...Micromanager, had to win it his way...guess both BH and BS have the same problem...Micromanaging...yeah its nice to win the Big Sky and make the playoffs..but isn't the goal to win it all?? How many tries did BH have to do it??? but hey, it only took another D-II coach one year to win it all.

I would be happy to lose in the national championship game every year. I would be happy to get to the semis every year. I would be happy to be seeded every year. We haven't even been in the top 25 the past 2 years.

Exactly!

Back