• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Kittens 2017 Season

MT Jack said:
Ursa Major said:
the Polish version of Jugs Magazine? ;)

Dzbanek/Dzbanka.....that's the Polish word for jugs.

You're welcome.

Et tu, Brute? Another aficionado? You'll be pleased to know that David (Grizzola) is about to self-publish his new travel guide, The Slavic Countries: One Breast at a Time. The book is forwarded by BigDog who reports that copies will be available at Costco and they're Majestic!

Grizzoola said:
AZGrizFan said:
Grizzoola said:
Ursa Major said:
Ha! Great word. Where did you pick up that word at, David? Dome Builder's Quarterly or the Polish version of Jugs Magazine? ;)
I can't match your "wit." If UNC & the Cats clean UM's clock like they did last year, where will your "wit" be, then? BTW, are you & Everett UM alumni?
I will bet you $500 the Griz don't lose to UNC again this decade.
Make it $100 & you're on. I may not live out this decade, but what the hey. So, where do we go from here?

Fine. $100. Games in '17, '18, and '19...assuming we play them every year (which honestly I'm not sure of). Regardless. We won't lose to them again....and shouldn't have lost to them LAST year.

First downs: 25/12
Yards Rushing: 228/141
Yards Passing: 172/100
Total yards: 400/241
Offensive Plays: 95/47

From 10:14 of the first quarter to 3:02 left in the 3rd UNC had consecutive drives of 3,0, 3, 3, 5, 1, 1 and 5 plays, managing a whopping 45 yards of offense during that time. A UM fumble inside the 20, a missed FG and a blocked punt for a TD. The game wasn't even close, talent-wise, and you could tell it on the field--I was there.

AZGrizFan said:
Grizzoola said:
AZGrizFan said:
Grizzoola said:
I can't match your "wit." If UNC & the Cats clean UM's clock like they did last year, where will your "wit" be, then? BTW, are you & Everett UM alumni?
Make it $100 & you're on. I may not live out this decade, but what the hey. So, where do we go from here?

Fine. $100. Games in '17, '18, and '19...assuming we play them every year (which honestly I'm not sure of). Regardless. We won't lose to them again....and shouldn't have lost to them LAST year....
OK, so how do we arrange this bet? Just our word to each other? I prefer each writing out a check, post-dating it to 2019, & giving it to someone to hold for us. Someone reputable & trustworthy. BW, maybe? OTOH, I'm not sure Chris is amenable to his site being a betting site. What's your suggestion?

Grizzoola said:
AZGrizFan said:
Grizzoola said:
AZGrizFan said:

Fine. $100. Games in '17, '18, and '19...assuming we play them every year (which honestly I'm not sure of). Regardless. We won't lose to them again....and shouldn't have lost to them LAST year....
OK, so how do we arrange this bet? Just our word to each other? I prefer each writing out a check, post-dating it to 2019, & giving it to someone to hold for us. Someone reputable & trustworthy. BW, maybe? OTOH, I'm not sure Chris is amenable to his site being a betting site. What's your suggestion?

I just tag the post. Instead of paying each other, the $$ can go to the site. If you're fine with that (since you'll be the one writing the check) so am I.

Ursa Major said:
MT Jack said:
Ursa Major said:
the Polish version of Jugs Magazine? ;)

Dzbanek/Dzbanka.....that's the Polish word for jugs.

You're welcome.

Et tu, Brute? Another aficionado? You'll be pleased to know that David (Grizzola) is about to self-publish his new travel guide, The Slavic Countries: One Breast at a Time. The book is forwarded by BigDog who reports that copies will be available at Costco and they're Majestic!

In that I live in proximity of the largest Polish population outside of Warsaw, and given the vast majority of this group frequents Costco, Always Costco, I am compelled to correct some mis-translations and misunderstandings regarding the Polish translation of Dzbanek. It is literally "Jugs", but the Polish male doesn't use this slang term when referring to anything resembling something as majestic as the Urals. The Polish male utilizes terms like, Cycki, Piers, glupi blad, and my personal favorite, Potkniecie. The Polish equivalent to the National Geographic magazine version of "Jugs" is in fact called Piers", but is more loosely understood as "Boobs" in English. It can be found @ any sidewalk newsstand in the city, as long as it's on Milwaukee avenue, just across from the Home Depot, north of Fullerton Avenue. Tell Juraslov that I sent you.

Am working with Grizzola on the Costco, Always Costco book tour as well. We're looking for some prime real estate right next to the princess costumes and directly across from the freezer cases. I've nixed the deal that put us next to the Vitamix demonstration stand. Can't handle the grind, I guess.

And as it regards the topic, state college will not get by Portland state, WTF are you guys thinking?

Spanky said:
Arizona. Talent is only talent until properly coached.
Northern Colorado won the game.

Not denying that....but with those stats and the way that game played out, Griz win 9/10 times.

Tough to say where the cats go. Curious to see where the polarization within the staff will stem from....but I know who I'd put my money on. Also interested to see the offense. I've had 5-6 CLOSE pals play for Rocky during the Armstrong era, and based off what they told me I was dancing with joy when he got promoted to OC.

I'd guess 4-7. No Newell or Flynn is gonna hurt them big time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brewskis said:
Tough to say where the cats go. Curious to see where the polarization within the staff will stem from....but I know who I'd put my money on. Also interested to see the offense. I've had 5-6 CLOSE pals play for Rocky during the Armstrong era, and based off what they told me I was dancing with joy when he got promoted to OC.

Ok. You caught me a little off guard with your post. Are you saying there is going to be a cat fight with the coaching staff? Is this prediction based on inside information, historical knowledge of certain coaches or the fact that shit pond water is leaking into the water system near MSPew campus? Based on Gianforte's little incident, it could be the shit pond water theory. No person in their right mind acts the way he did.

Copper Griz said:
brewskis said:

Ok. You caught me a little off guard with your post. Are you saying there is going to be a cat fight with the coaching staff? Is this prediction based on inside information, historical knowledge of certain coaches or the fact that shit pond water is leaking into the water system near MSPew campus? Based on Gianforte's little incident, it could be the shit pond water theory. No person in their right mind acts the way he did.
Nothing to do with Gianforte. Just saying that there will be a cat fight.

you guys could really save yourself a lot of time every year...

griz fans think cats are going to suck. no way!
griz fans think griz are going to dominate. who knew?
cat fans think griz are going to suck. Seriously?!
cat fans think cats are going to be amazing.

this is BRAND new information. and never includes levity or an open-mind. :lol:

ilovethecats said:
you guys could really save yourself a lot of time every year...

griz fans think cats are going to suck. no way!
griz fans think griz are going to dominate. who knew?
cat fans think griz are going to suck. Seriously?!
cat fans think cats are going to be amazing.

this is BRAND new information. and never includes levity or an open-mind. :lol:

Difference being, Griz fans are RIGHT and Scat fans are WRONG. :cool: :cool:

1. Who TF cares?
2. Nice to see Bear Axed.
3. Vim is a very reasonable poster.
4. Last years Griz were way more talented than UNC, but the Griz (for whatever reason) failed to show up. I was there, early in the game my daughter said "I think we are in trouble". I really would like to know what the problem was. UNC has really improved, but it's hard for me to imagine them beating the Griz again for a very long time. Time will tell I guess.

mcg said:
4. Last years Griz were way more talented than UNC, but the Griz (for whatever reason) failed to show up. I was there, early in the game my daughter said "I think we are in trouble". I really would like to know what the problem was.

The coaching staff didn't have them properly prepared mentally. The team was disjointed and dysfunctional due to a head coach who is offense only. There were two teams on the field posing as one team.

getgrizzy said:
mcg said:
4. Last years Griz were way more talented than UNC, but the Griz (for whatever reason) failed to show up. I was there, early in the game my daughter said "I think we are in trouble". I really would like to know what the problem was.

The coaching staff didn't have them properly prepared mentally. The team was disjointed and dysfunctional due to a head coach who is offense only. There were two teams on the field posing as one team.

And yet, but for three plays, they so vastly outplayed UNC that they STILL almost won the game. Had any ONE of those three gone the other way the Griz win. I've spoken to some folks inside the organization....there was definitely a schism on that team...driven mostly by the "non-Stitt" guys who were losing playing time and not supportive of the team effort. Lots of division between the O and the D (players, not coaches). Also (and I quote), comments to the effect of "what the fuck are we doing here, playing in this high school stadium?" Also comments to the effect of the fact that BG didn't really care one way or the other whether they won or lost...at least he didn't show that he cared, outwardly. Comments to the effect that many, many players didn't view BG as a leader on the team...which IMHO can be a very large problem when your QB isn't a leader. Anyway, I believe 90% of that crap is behind us now, we've got a full complement of schollies back, almost the entire roster are "Stitt" guys, and I think we're primed to really move forward.

I, for one, am ready. :thumb:

AZGrizFan said:
getgrizzy said:
mcg said:
... I've spoken to some folks inside the organization....there was definitely a schism on that team...driven mostly by the "non-Stitt" guys who were losing playing time and not supportive of the team effort.....
It may have started before the UNC game. The first 6 games, the Griz were 5-1. The last 5 games, the Griz were 1-4. Let's hope the Griz don't have the Cats' collapse, again, in the last part of the season.

AZGrizFan said:
getgrizzy said:
mcg said:

And yet, but for three plays, they so vastly outplayed UNC that they STILL almost won the game. Had any ONE of those three gone the other way the Griz win. I've spoken to some folks inside the organization....there was definitely a schism on that team...driven mostly by the "non-Stitt" guys who were losing playing time and not supportive of the team effort. Lots of division between the O and the D (players, not coaches). Also (and I quote), comments to the effect of "what the f*** are we doing here, playing in this high school stadium?" Also comments to the effect of the fact that BG didn't really care one way or the other whether they won or lost...at least he didn't show that he cared, outwardly. Comments to the effect that many, many players didn't view BG as a leader on the team...which IMHO can be a very large problem when your QB isn't a leader. Anyway, I believe 90% of that crap is behind us now, we've got a full complement of schollies back, almost the entire roster are "Stitt" guys, and I think we're primed to really move forward.

I, for one, am ready. :thumb:

This is interesting information and if true, explains a lot. I am not sure who your sources are, but it is the first I have heard about BG. I will say it could be perception. He was injured and did not get the start (I believe it was publicly stated he would start). He could have been pissed off and it showed outwardly. Was a he a good leader? There seem to be a general lack of leadership on the field. I hope the team has turned the corner and leaders emerge.

Grizzoola said:
AZGrizFan said:
getgrizzy said:
mcg said:
... I've spoken to some folks inside the organization....there was definitely a schism on that team...driven mostly by the "non-Stitt" guys who were losing playing time and not supportive of the team effort.....
It may have started before the UNC game. The first 6 games, the Griz were 5-1. The last 5 games, the Griz were 1-4. Let's hope the Griz don't have the Cats' collapse, again, in the last part of the season.

We heard very similar things about the disjointed and dysfunctional aspects of the team following the season before last - players not buying in and offense versus defense. Didn't they churn nearly 30-40 guys from the roster early on, and send the D-coordinator on his way? You'd think that would have fixed it...

It really needs to be fixed, or it will be a long season...and we'll probably be introducing a new HC and staff afterward.

Back