• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Kittens 2017 Season

I think if they have some guys just come out of nowhere and light it up, they could get as far as 7-4.

The problem is they'd need about 6 or 7 of those guys to do it, especially if Murray doesn't progress as a passer.

I'd say 3-8 to 5-6 is realistic with the schedule they have.

Griz til I die said:
perhaps the most intriguing team to me in the Big Sky this year is the cats. People say they're going to be good, but with perhaps the toughest schedule I have ever seen them play, and lack of depth at key positions like QB and RB, I'd say it's going to be another rebuilding season for kittens. With a qb who likes to run and can't throw a pass very good, can he learn to be smarter? If he is too mobile this season and gets hurt, there is nobody to back him up. With that said, here's what I think:
@Washington State-L
VS. South Dakota St-L
@ North Dakota-L
VS, Weber State-W
VS. Portland State-W
@ Eastern-L
@ N. Colorado-W
VS. Idaho St-W
VS. Kennesaw St-L
@ NAU- L
vs. UM- L
my prediction: 4-7. For those of you who know nothing about Kennesaw State, let me clarify for you a little bit. They were the Big South runner ups last year at 7-4 and had a top 10 recruiting class this year which will make them even better and give them a shot at the playoffs and beating the kittens. And believe me, no one hates the kittens more than me. That's my prediction, what about you guys? #FTC

I'd flip Kennesaw to a win and make the Griz game a toss up. 5-6 or 6-5. Also they'll get NAU when NAU is in it's usual late season swoon... I could see 7-4 here, but its a long shot.

I think 5-6

By week 9 they will be talking playoffs....before a bad loss in Arizona breaks their spirit and the Griz roll them the following week....in TRUE CAT FASION or TCF

@Washington State-L
VS. South Dakota St-L
@ North Dakota-L
VS, Weber State-W
VS. Portland State-W
@ Eastern-L
@ N. Colorado-W
VS. Idaho St-W
VS. Kennesaw St-W
@ NAU- L
vs. UM- L

Best case scenario for the neighbors is 7-4, but that is a really long stretch IMO. Worst-case scenario for them is 3-8. The Brawl is always a toss-up, even if we should be largely favored to win. I think they'll go 5-6.

@Washington State- L
VS. South Dakota St- L
@ North Dakota- L
VS, Weber State- W
VS. Portland State- W
@ Eastern- L
@ N. Colorado- W
VS. Idaho St- W
VS. Kennesaw St- W
@ NAU- L
vs. UM- Toss Up

The season rides on Chris Murray and how he develops as a QB. If he takes a big step forward, Cats have a good shot at 8-3. If he takes a step back or simply doesn't improve on his passing, 3-8 is a very real possibility. He is a polarizing talent with a high ceiling and a low floor which led to my high range of win/loss predictions.

VimSince03 said:
The season rides on Chris Murray and how he develops as a QB. If he takes a big step forward, Cats have a good shot at 8-3. If he takes a step back or simply doesn't improve on his passing, 3-8 is a very real possibility. He is a polarizing talent with a high ceiling and a low floor which led to my high range of win/loss predictions.

If he can keep a majority of his passes down to the first 3 rows instead of the 5-7 range I think the Cats could be decent....than again it didnt really matter against the Griz.

But for real, that guy threw possibly the worst pass I've ever seen in last years Cat Griz game

BadlandsGrizFan said:
VimSince03 said:

If he can keep a majority of his passes down to the first 3 rows instead of the 5-7 range I think the Cats could be decent....than again it didnt really matter against the Griz.

But for real, that guy threw possibly the worst pass I've ever seen in last years Cat Griz game

McGhee has begun the groundwork on overhauling his mechanics and his progress was evident throughout spring ball. He will be an improved passer in 2017 mostly because he will just be more comfortable. But how much improved is the big question.

poorgriz said:
We're still about a year away. Likely end up around 6-5 , just like the griz. 7-4 more likely for us than 5 and 6 though.

Normally i would poke a little fun at a comment like this. But there is a chance we hear that comment from the griz coaching staff this year, so for now i will stay mum.

Are you suggesting due to budget cuts, the Griz are going to play football without a head coach in 2018? Or are you suggesting that football is going to be dropped from UM after this season?

Don't know , George. I would think they will take a strong look at the athletic department. Football is the biggest expense, but also, the major source of revenue. I could see an attempt to reduce scholarships?
If Stitt, however, has a strong year, it possibly could delay any cuts to the program.

Apparently Arizona isn't aware of the declining enrollment/revenue at UM?
Maybe he thinks football isn't within the athletic department?

VimSince03 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
VimSince03 said:

McGhee has begun the groundwork on overhauling his mechanics and his progress was evident throughout spring ball. He will be an improved passer in 2017 mostly because he will just be more comfortable. But how much improved is the big question.

Cant be hard to show a little improvement from last year.. lol

Spanky said:
Apparently Arizona isn't aware of the declining enrollment/revenue at UM?
Maybe he thinks football isn't within the athletic department?

Or maybe he's not a complete moron in regards to how universities and their athletic programs are managed?

Prior to cat bashing we'd better get our game upped. Last years collapse down the stretch and meltdown finale on our field to the 'dreaded cats' leads me to think we got a bit of work to do.

Spanky said:
Don't know , George. I would think they will take a strong look at the athletic department. Football is the biggest expense, but also, the major source of revenue. I could see an attempt to reduce scholarships?
If Stitt, however, has a strong year, it possibly could delay any cuts to the program.

The thought of touching or reducing THE SINGLE PROGRAM in all of athletics that actually makes money is ridiculous. Football makes just enough to basically pay for the shortfall of every single other program.

Suggesting anything will be done to financially hurt the football program is a pretty ignorant idea.

Latest posts

Back