• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Just Reported In Spokane

For Strong's sake, I do hope witnesses will help his cause. Even then, if what I am reading here is accurate, I still feel he should be disciplined. Am I misunderstanding how the other guy's skull was fractured? I am understanding, it was fractured as a result of 2 punches. I can see defending oneself with one punch, but was a 2nd one really necessary? I can see Strong's side of this, if the other guy threw a punch at him. Just clinching a fist is not justification to retaliate for something that hadn't happened yet.

I know plenty of people who will clinch a fist, if they feel threatened. For many people, that is a natural defensive mechanism. I know it is for me. If I am uncomfortable or feel somewhat threatened, I usually have 1 or both fists clinched, just in case. That has never meant that I was going to punch someone, unless someone attacked or punched me.

Justin does seem like a pretty good person, from the little I know of him. Self defense or not, I do hope the injured guy recovers fully. Ideally, this will turn out to back Strong's story, and it will be water under the bridge, sooner than later.

Local Radio was saying that Pullman police said that Strongs injuries and eyewitness accounts support his claim of self defense. At this time it is up in the air if any Charges will be filed and likely will not be. The y also reported there were several unamed MT players with Strong and he was attempting to break up a quarrel between one of the Other Griz players and the person strong ended up fighting.

jm2142 said:
I know a player personally he told me there were two other griz players with Justin strong

I'm sure. This will be a dumpster fire before it's all said and done.

AZGrizFan said:
ordigger said:
Pretty bad senior leadership this year. First Strahm, now Strong. I would think that Stitt will take some serious action against him, if left in his hands at all. He has to to, to remain consistent in his handling of Strahm's DUI. I wouldn't be surprised to see him done for the year.

A killer with NAU coming up.

Again: no charges, no bond. Self defense is NOT a crime. Until they find/determine something ELSE happened, WTF do people think Stitt should "take serious action". This is still America, right? We ARE still innocent until proven guilty, no?

I swear, it's like the f***[*] Twilight Zone around here. :roll: :lol:

You need to spend some time reading. Yes there was a bond.

bhumble said:
jm2142 said:
I know a player personally he told me there were two other griz players with Justin strong

I'm sure. This will be a dumpster fire before it's all said and done.

Sanders and Lee attended WAZZU. I can see either or both, possibly visiting there. I hope whoever the GRIZ players are, all of them turn out to be innocent.

Spanky said:
Reinell, have you ever been in a fight. Just walk away? Sure thing....

Not hard to do. I laughed at a guy once that hit me, so he hit me again. I laughed a little harder. My belittling him got him so flustered he sulked away. To this day he his reminded of it.....and its a source of embarrassment.

bigsky33 said:
Fahque said:
It’s always house parties. Nothing good happens at house parties. Note to football players: stay the f*** away from house parties. f***
Spot on. Nothing good happens at these parties late at night. The kid who was beat up has a fractured skull. Very serious.
Absolutely agree ... in principle. But as I just told my wife: We still don't know enough details. Probably he was partying ... but we still do not know for sure. He might have been just chillin' nearby and someone (relative? teammates?) thought he should check out an overly-loud party. And then things went downhill from there.
Happened to a college acquaintance (we weren't big buddies) of mine, who happened to be on the water polo team. He tried to break up an altercation at a loud midnight party a couple doors down from our boarding house. Got knifed -- superficial -- but put the blade-man in the hospital, hurt pretty bad. Big huh-hah to start with, but the knife wound could have been lots worse (like maybe fatal) ... so no big deal in the end. Tough guy ... he played a game four days later. They didn't freak out about blood back then, so when he bled into the pool, trainers applied a fresh bandage and a rubber cover, and he went back out.

jm2142 said:

That can hopefully shed some light on it being self defense or not. Either way I'm guessing he'll be Suspended until it gets ironed out further.

ordigger said:
Spanky said:

Not hard to do. I laughed at a guy once that hit me, so he hit me again. I laughed a little harder. My belittling him got him so flustered he sulked away. To this day he his reminded of it.....and its a source of embarrassment.

Not everyone can be perfect like you.

BDizzle said:
His bond was set at $50,000. Need to read Amies article.

It also says released on his own recognizance. Which are conflicting things. Obviously termed wrong. Not totally familiar with how they do it in Washington. My guess is that it was initially set at that then after no charges filed they released him as they didn't have probable cause enough to restrict his liberty as the investigation continues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dayday said:
ordigger said:
Pretty bad senior leadership this year. First Strahm, now Strong. I would think that Stitt will take some serious action against him, if left in his hands at all. He has to to, to remain consistent in his handling of Strahm's DUI. I wouldn't be surprised to see him done for the year.

However, Strahm was at least CHARGED. Seriously we don't know enough to say this. The only thing we know is it's pretty telling that he was not charged today while in custody.

Yes he was charged. I read the article before posting, and bond was set.

dayday said:
BDizzle said:

It also says released on his own recognizance. Which are conflicting things. Obviously termed wrong. Not totally familiar with how they do it in Washington. My guess is that it was initially set at that then after no charges filed they released him as they didn't have probable cause enough to restrict his liberty as the investigation continues.

HelenaHandBasket said:
ordigger said:
Spanky said:

Not everyone wants to be a dick like you. You have yet to see anything positive on this board ever. For you I won't laugh dickhead.

Spanky said:

You obviously do not know me in anyway or have not met me to ask this question?

ordigger said:
dayday said:
ordigger said:

However, Strahm was at least CHARGED. Seriously we don't know enough to say this. The only thing we know is it's pretty telling that he was not charged today while in custody.

Yes he was charged. I read the article before posting, and bond was set.

Actually he was booked by the police, he has not been charged.

ordigger said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
ordigger said:
Spanky said:

Not everyone wants to be a dick like you. You have yet to see anything positive on this board ever. For you I won't laugh dickhead.

OK pussy.

dayday said:
BDizzle said:

That's the only way it would make sense. Statutory dollar amount upon booking based on the arrest, but then ROR after it became a non-starter. I don't see how he could be ROR, and have bail retroactively set, but I'm no Big City lawyer.

Back