• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Just Reported In Spokane

Ursus1 said:
dayday said:
Amie does an excellent job of detailing the code of conduct.

http://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/griz-safety-justin-strong-arrested-booked-for-felony-assault-in/article_58cc4dd8-e6d0-54c0-8b58-55d70889cbdc.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After reading that....looks very bad for his future as a Griz
"The Athletic Director or his/her designee shall take preliminary action to temporarily suspend a student-athlete from participation in practice, competition, and/or access to athletic department services when a student-athlete has been charged with a felony. The suspension is indefinite pending the outcome of criminal proceedings and disciplinary action by the ACT, which as soon as possible shall be informed by the AD or designee of the temporary suspension and meet to discuss the issue."

I'm sorry, but this is utter bullshit. Suspended based on CHARGES?

Knocking an individual to the ground is self defense to protect yourself or others. Hitting them again while they are trying to get up is assault! That is where you walk away...

Ursus1 said:
dayday said:
Amie does an excellent job of detailing the code of conduct.

http://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/griz-safety-justin-strong-arrested-booked-for-felony-assault-in/article_58cc4dd8-e6d0-54c0-8b58-55d70889cbdc.html

After reading that....looks very bad for his future as a Griz

he is toast.

BDizzle said:
AZGrizFan said:
BDizzle said:
AZGrizFan said:
Really? If he doesn't get charged he can't even defend himself without getting suspended? Guess he's just supposed to let someone whale on him...

Did you not read it? He approached the guy outside after the original altercation. Guy clenched his fists so he kicked his ass. He should have walked away. Not escalated the situation.

And I've been in fights before so I'm not acting like it wasn't a mistake. But my feeling is he will still get suspended just because he was arrested for assault.

OK, I read both links. NEITHER say anything about your version. Where are you getting that?

Shaun Raineys twitter. Sorry, I thought it was in the article as well.

Said there was a fight, Justin helped break it up and he got hit. Later on, Justin approached the guy outside. Guy balled up his fists. Justin swung and hit him, knocking him to the ground. Guy tried to get up and Justin hit him again. Knocking him unconscious and fracturing his skull.

Rainey also ended the summary of events with this....

Shaun Rainey‏ @ShaunRainey 34m34 minutes ago

Replying to @ShaunRainey
From what I'm hearing from a few sources they don't think anything will come of this

dayday said:
ordigger said:
Pretty bad senior leadership this year. First Strahm, now Strong. I would think that Stitt will take some serious action against him, if left in his hands at all. He has to to, to remain consistent in his handling of Strahm's DUI. I wouldn't be surprised to see him done for the year.

A killer with NAU coming up.
However, Strahm was at least CHARGED. Seriously we don't know enough to say this. The only thing we know is it's pretty telling that he was not charged today while in custody.
Agreed. However, as I said above, even if it's "all good," with no charges, etc. -- he's at least likely to be sitting on the bench to start the game. Just for being stupid. Reports do agree that the events happened after midnight, yes - no? I know these are "just" young college men -- but what was an athlete, during the season before a big game, doing at a late-night house party in Pullman?

If this was a mutual combat deal it will probably quietly go away, thing is Bob could very well sit him from a series to a game to make a point...not the best timing with Weber looming.

We will see.

Charges aren't needed according to Aime post....so the reasonable part comes in.....with police arresting him, 50k bond I am "guessing" that is likely enough for them to suspend until more decisions are made about charging. No way will they want the bad press if he plays after this arrest is my but feeling. Not what Stitt and team need at this time that's for sure

So why did we just build them a giant daycare center if they aren't going to stay in town and use it?

Does anyone know how this makes sense?:

"He was released on his own recognizance, according to the pokesman, on Monday morning and his bail was set at $50,000 . . ."

On a bye week a bunch of players go home to see family and friends. Think about it, it's like their only chance to see people in their lives because of their dedication to football all summer and fall. From twitter and the presser, a number of players went away for the weekend including our QB who went home to his family.

Kids still need to be smarter and stay out of trouble. Sounds like many reports are saying self defense and that he has his own wounds to back that up. Let it all play out before we freak out.

CDAGRIZ said:

"He was released on his own recognizance, according to the pokesman, on Monday morning and his bail was set at $50,000 . . ."

From my understanding, a lawyer will probably correct me, they do that for college students so they can get back to school, since a judge won't see it till Monday. On Monday a judge looked it over and set bail. Justin was probably cooperative and is known so they allowed him to leave. But since this is a felony, at the moment, his bail was set pretty high.

HookedonGriz said:
On a bye week a bunch of players go home to see family and friends. Think about it, it's like their only chance to see people in their lives because of their dedication to football all summer and fall. From twitter and the presser, a number of players went away for the weekend including our QB who went home to his family.

Kids still need to be smarter and stay out of trouble. Sounds like many reports are saying self defense and that he has his own wounds to back that up. Let it all play out before we freak out.

Agreed.

BDizzle said:
CDAGRIZ said:

From my understanding, a lawyer will probably correct me, they do that for college students so they can get back to school, since a judge won't see it till Monday. On Monday a judge looked it over and set bail. Justin was probably cooperative and is known so they allowed him to leave. But since this is a felony, at the moment, his bail was set pretty high.

If he got ROR, then bail was set after the fact, wouldn't he be a fugitive from justice right now (assuming he didn't go back and post it)? Seems more than a bit wacky, but who knows?

Fahque said:
It’s always house parties. Nothing good happens at house parties. Note to football players: stay the f*** away from house parties. f***
Spot on. Nothing good happens at these parties late at night. The kid who was beat up has a fractured skull. Very serious.

Back