• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Just Reported In Spokane

BDizzle said:
He just got his cast taken off and now he's fighting. Even if it was "self-defense", he needs to be smarter. Guessing if he doesn't get charged, he will probably get suspended a game or two.

And damn I have a love/hate relationship with bye weeks.

Really? If he doesn't get charged he can't even defend himself without getting suspended? Guess he's just supposed to let someone whale on him...

Not sure it is out of the Coaches' hands if he wasn't charged. Kind of goes from criminal to stupid???

AZGrizFan said:
BDizzle said:
He just got his cast taken off and now he's fighting. Even if it was "self-defense", he needs to be smarter. Guessing if he doesn't get charged, he will probably get suspended a game or two.

Really? If he doesn't get charged he can't even defend himself without getting suspended? Guess he's just supposed to let someone whale on him...

Did you not read it? He approached the guy outside after the original altercation. Guy clenched his fists so he kicked his ass. He should have walked away. Not escalated the situation.

And I've been in fights before so I'm not acting like it wasn't a mistake. But my feeling is he will still get suspended just because he was arrested for assault.

Regardless when a player gives the program a black eye the optics hurts his teammates, coaches and yes even the fans. With that said people should hold judgement until the police finish their investigation. This is very disappointing!

I just really believe in due process and innocent until proven guilty. He hasn't even been accused of a crime yet either by the filing of a information or grand jury indictment. If he gets suspended by the school without even being charged I'll be the first one to offer my services.

I am more concerned how the Spokane affiliate is getting a non-public record police report as Mr. Rainey stated. There's no way a FOIA request was put in and responded to this quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s always house parties. Nothing good happens at house parties. Note to football players: stay the fuck away from house parties. Fuck

BDizzle said:
AZGrizFan said:
BDizzle said:

Did you not read it? He approached the guy outside after the original altercation. Guy clenched his fists so he kicked his ass. He should have walked away. Not escalated the situation.

And I've been in fights before so I'm not acting like it wasn't a mistake. But my feeling is he will still get suspended just because he was arrested for assault.

Well, my dad always taught me, don't ever start it, but make sure you end it.

Amie does an excellent job of detailing the code of conduct.

http://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/griz-safety-justin-strong-arrested-booked-for-felony-assault-in/article_58cc4dd8-e6d0-54c0-8b58-55d70889cbdc.html

BDizzle said:
... Did you not read it? He approached the guy outside after the original altercation. Guy clenched his fists so he kicked his ass. He should have walked away. Not escalated the situation.

It depends (as usual). We still don't know the full story. Given the right circumstances and the fact that he was released so quickly and without bail, he might not get suspended. But, even with extenuating circumstances, I would almost bet he won't be in the starting lineup.

BDizzle said:
AZGrizFan said:
BDizzle said:

OK, I read both links. NEITHER say anything about your version. Where are you getting that?

Police looking for other suspects....lets hope he wasn't there with other players yet to be identified to even make it a bigger issue

Pretty bad senior leadership this year. First Strahm, now Strong. I would think that Stitt will take some serious action against him, if left in his hands at all. He has to to, to remain consistent in his handling of Strahm's DUI. I wouldn't be surprised to see him done for the year.

A killer with NAU coming up.

ordigger said:
Pretty bad senior leadership this year. First Strahm, now Strong. I would think that Stitt will take some serious action against him, if left in his hands at all. He has to to, to remain consistent in his handling of Strahm's DUI. I wouldn't be surprised to see him done for the year.

Again: no charges, no bond. Self defense is NOT a crime. Until they find/determine something ELSE happened, WTF do people think Stitt should "take serious action". This is still America, right? We ARE still innocent until proven guilty, no?

I swear, it's like the fucking Twilight Zone around here. :roll: :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
BDizzle said:
AZGrizFan said:
BDizzle said:

OK, I read both links. NEITHER say anything about your version. Where are you getting that?

Shaun Raineys twitter. Sorry, I thought it was in the article as well.

Said there was a fight, Justin helped break it up and he got hit. Later on, Justin approached the guy outside. Guy balled up his fists. Justin swung and hit him, knocking him to the ground. Guy tried to get up and Justin hit him again. Knocking him unconscious and fracturing his skull.

ordigger said:

This

dayday said:
Amie does an excellent job of detailing the code of conduct.

http://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/griz-safety-justin-strong-arrested-booked-for-felony-assault-in/article_58cc4dd8-e6d0-54c0-8b58-55d70889cbdc.html

After reading that....looks very bad for his future as a Griz

ordigger said:

Strahm was charged with a DUI. Strong hasn't been charged with anything (yet). Take a deep breath.

ordigger said:

However, Strahm was at least CHARGED. Seriously we don't know enough to say this. The only thing we know is it's pretty telling that he was not charged today while in custody.

Not justifying, but assault call and punches thrown someone has to go to jail. Then DA and court system sorts out details.
No bond waiting for charges with witnesses does give some credence to self defense.
Once again not justifying any of the decisions and actions that lead up to this.

Latest posts

Back