• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Just Reported In Spokane

Innocent or not, this in front of four critical games is puzzling

The facts are still at play but wtf moment for Strong and any others representing UM!

HelenaHandBasket said:
... Actually he was booked by the police, he has not been charged.
There is a difference, of course, but do we now for sure that he has not been charged? I ask because I did not think bail was set unless charges had been filed.

IdaGriz01 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
There is a difference, of course, but do we now for sure that he has not been charged? I ask because I did not think bail was set unless charges had been filed.

My understanding is, as of now, he has not been charged.

IdaGriz01 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

As of right now, all reports say no charges filed pending investigation. Sounds like more and more evidence backing up his self defense claim.

HelenaHandBasket said:
ordigger said:
dayday said:
ordigger said:
Pretty bad senior leadership this year. First Strahm, now Strong. I would think that Stitt will take some serious action against him, if left in his hands at all. He has to to, to remain consistent in his handling of Strahm's DUI. I wouldn't be surprised to see him done for the year.

A killer with NAU coming up.

However, Strahm was at least CHARGED. Seriously we don't know enough to say this. The only thing we know is it's pretty telling that he was not charged today while in custody.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes he was charged. I read the article before posting, and bond was set.

Actually he was booked by the police, he has not been charged.

.One article says cannot be confirmed that he was charged. Another says he was. I also know something a bit more about this, but I will stop with this statement. I may have revealed to much already.

CDAGRIZ said:
dayday said:
BDizzle said:
His bond was set at $50,000. Need to read Amies article.

It also says released on his own recognizance. Which are conflicting things. Obviously termed wrong. Not totally familiar with how they do it in Washington. My guess is that it was initially set at that then after no charges filed they released him as they didn't have probable cause enough to restrict his liberty as the investigation continues.

That's the only way it would make sense. Statutory dollar amount upon booking based on the arrest, but then ROR after it became a non-starter. I don't see how he could be ROR, and have bail retroactively set, but I'm no Big City lawyer.

Makes sense that they would hold some money while this plays out, with possible injuries that might not show up until the alcohol goes away or a day later they need a hook to keep everybody within arms length if they need them...did anybody else have to post bond on the other side?

HelenaHandBasket said:
ordigger said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
ordigger said:
Not hard to do. I laughed at a guy once that hit me, so he hit me again. I laughed a little harder. My belittling him got him so flustered he sulked away. To this day he his reminded of it.....and its a source of embarrassment.

Not everyone can be perfect like you.

Not everyone wants to be a dick like you. You have yet to see anything positive on this board ever. For you I won't laugh dickhead.

OK pussy.

Hmmm. OK, I can see this escalating like a fight at a house party.

ordigger said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
ordigger said:
dayday said:
However, Strahm was at least CHARGED. Seriously we don't know enough to say this. The only thing we know is it's pretty telling that he was not charged today while in custody.

Good edit.

ordigger said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
ordigger said:
dayday said:

Just to piggy back off this if he is charged by information that will be a public document that the media will have access to as soon as it's filed with the court so yeah I would say he has not been charged. I am not sure if Washington uses grand juries though that is a bit different.

jodcon said:
CDAGRIZ said:
dayday said:
BDizzle said:

It also says released on his own recognizance. Which are conflicting things. Obviously termed wrong. Not totally familiar with how they do it in Washington. My guess is that it was initially set at that then after no charges filed they released him as they didn't have probable cause enough to restrict his liberty as the investigation continues.

That's the only way it would make sense. Statutory dollar amount upon booking based on the arrest, but then ROR after it became a non-starter. I don't see how he could be ROR, and have bail retroactively set, but I'm no Big City lawyer.

Makes sense that they would hold some money while this plays out, with possible injuries that might not show up until the alcohol goes away or a day later they need a hook to keep everybody within arms length if they need them...did anybody else have to post bond on the other side?

No he is a coma with a fractured skull

ordigger said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
ordigger said:
dayday said:

.One article says cannot be confirmed that he was charged. Another says he was. I also know something a bit more about this, but I will stop with this statement. I may have revealed to much already.

Not sure what article you are referring and your awesome inside info is, but he has not been charged as of now.

HelenaHandBasket said:
dayday said:
BDizzle said:

Unlike Digger, I am not perfect. Removed my comment after receiving some other info.

RayWill said:
jodcon said:
CDAGRIZ said:
dayday said:

No he is a coma with a fractured skull

Got that, just wondering if they're concerned with anybody else besides Strong and the guy he was fighting with. Must not be.

AZGrizFan said:
ordigger said:
Pretty bad senior leadership this year. First Strahm, now Strong. I would think that Stitt will take some serious action against him, if left in his hands at all. He has to to, to remain consistent in his handling of Strahm's DUI. I wouldn't be surprised to see him done for the year.

A killer with NAU coming up.

Again: no charges, no bond. Self defense is NOT a crime. Until they find/determine something ELSE happened, WTF do people think Stitt should "take serious action". This is still America, right? We ARE still innocent until proven guilty, no?

I swear, it's like the f***[*] Twilight Zone around here. :roll: :lol:

The other kid has a skull fracture tho and that’s the problem

George Ferguson said:
A lot to sort here. But I can assure you, Strong WILL NOT play Saturday.

I was just told that he may not play the rest of the year either. Some concern about other Griz players there also.

jodcon said:
CDAGRIZ said:
dayday said:
BDizzle said:

I googled it and found that booking and bail (or ROR) can, and does, happen routinely before formal charges are filed. As noted, it's a way to keep a handle on the booked and released person while the investigation proceeds.

From what little has trickled out, it sounds like the self-defense argument could hold up. However, depending upon the injuries to the other guy, they could invoke "excessive force" in some way, or find some other grounds for charges. I know (way back) professional boxers were usually convicted of assault if they hurt someone in a bar fight, and I believe it has also happened to experienced amateur boxers. Never heard of it happening to a "highly-conditioned" athlete against your random drunk, but in these days of "victim-hood," you just never know.

However it plays out, I'm thinking he won't be allowed to start, and agree that he could indeed be suspended.

ordigger said:
George Ferguson said:
A lot to sort here. But I can assure you, Strong WILL NOT play Saturday.

I was just told that he may not play the rest of the year either. Some concern about other Griz players there also.

JFC. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Back