• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz Football Coaching Staff

AllWeatherFan said:
Paytonlives said:
Interesting...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MFerriter/status/941024058069549058[/tweet]

Wait, so he got a coaching job at Nevada? :lol:

Look @ his other twitter posts. Nothing like this, so it had to be a comment on how he feels about things. & good for him, if things truly happen for a reason, he’ll find a new pack & do very welll for himself.

dayday said:
Griz1 said:
dayday said:
grizpack said:

Well that kind of tells me that was poor negotiation and management by Haslem to not make their contracts just go to December if that is the case. A month is a big difference right now. I kind of think that can’t be the case but have no direct knowledge to refute it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a simple question. If we were playing for a National Championship in January wouldn't it be a good thing to have coaches under contract through that period?

That is the logic behind the decision and it certainly isn't poor negotiation and management by Haslem.

Yeah that makes some sense but if you can’t pay out a month of lame duck coaching salaries to get others in to be able to effectively get the job done in year 1 than we may have bigger problems than trying to get back to the chipper. Most ADs plan for this contingency even at other FCS schools. It’s either clear in the contract language that it ends when football season ends or you have some money saved for this. So that is why I think that is either not the case or poor drafting of the assistant contacts.

LOAs expire on Jan. 31....I'm not 100 percent sure of this, but it is my educated guess that based on how Montana likes to do things, you're not gonna hear an official announcement one by one, it's going to be done all at once. Rosenbach is already in the office working, yet the school hasn't said anything about his hiring. It's my best guess this won't be done until all LOAs for new assistants clear HR

kyle_sample said:
dayday said:
Griz1 said:
dayday said:
Well that kind of tells me that was poor negotiation and management by Haslem to not make their contracts just go to December if that is the case. A month is a big difference right now. I kind of think that can’t be the case but have no direct knowledge to refute it.

Just a simple question. If we were playing for a National Championship in January wouldn't it be a good thing to have coaches under contract through that period?

That is the logic behind the decision and it certainly isn't poor negotiation and management by Haslem.

Yeah that makes some sense but if you can’t pay out a month of lame duck coaching salaries to get others in to be able to effectively get the job done in year 1 than we may have bigger problems than trying to get back to the chipper. Most ADs plan for this contingency even at other FCS schools. It’s either clear in the contract language that it ends when football season ends or you have some money saved for this. So that is why I think that is either not the case or poor drafting of the assistant contacts.

LOAs expire on Jan. 31....I'm not 100 percent sure of this, but it is my educated guess that based on how Montana likes to do things, you're not gonna hear an official announcement one by one, it's going to be done all at once. Rosenbach is already in the office working, yet the school hasn't said anything about his hiring. It's my best guess this won't be done until all LOAs for new assistants clear HR

This would make some sense on the reasons why. However, if Rosenbach is in the office working it makes little sense to not just make it official. Same if there’s others we don’t know about. HR can turn around background checks and other paperwork around fairly fast (my mother worked in HR at the university). So I just kind of think, like Kyle said, that the athletic department is waiting for everyone to get hired before making any announcement. I just disagree with it.

I think it’s a question that should be asked by skyline or other journalists to the department because this has been a bit unorthodoxed to other hirings from this university and for sure other schools around the country.

dayday said:
kyle_sample said:
dayday said:
Griz1 said:

This would make some sense on the reasons why. However, if Rosenbach is in the office working it makes little sense to not just make it official. Same if there’s others we don’t know about. HR can turn around background checks and other paperwork around fairly fast (my mother worked in HR at the university). So I just kind of think, like Kyle said, that the athletic department is waiting for everyone to get hired before making any announcement. I just disagree with it.

I think it’s a question that should be asked by skyline or other journalists to the department because this has been a bit unorthodoxed to other hirings from this university and for sure other schools around the country.

No sure how unorthodox it really is, nor that it’s really a problem for Rosenbach or any other new hire to be working without a contract or public announcement.

bgbigdog said:
dayday said:
kyle_sample said:
dayday said:

No sure how unorthodox it really is, nor that it’s really a problem for Rosenbach or any other new hire to be working without a contract or public announcement.

I follow college football scoop pretty close, and I would definitely say its closer to the vest than it should be. I just don't get why UM has an affinity for controlling the narrative to the point that they choke all good coverage away from them. Publicly announcing new staff members sooner rather than later: (1) gets the fan base excited; (2) gets new recruits excited because these coaches can actually recruit; and (3) creates clarity and stability for current players and recruits.

dayday said:
bgbigdog said:
dayday said:
kyle_sample said:

I follow college football scoop pretty close, and I would definitely say its closer to the vest than it should be. I just don't get why UM has an affinity for controlling the narrative to the point that they choke all good coverage away from them. Publicly announcing new staff members sooner rather than later: (1) gets the fan base excited; (2) gets new recruits excited because these coaches can actually recruit; and (3) creates clarity and stability for current players and recruits.

Exactly. I get they may have their reasons...but not knowing who you're playing for can be a problem. Don't say that "maybe the players already know" because something would leak in this era of social media. Does seem odd to me, but we'll see. Maybe it'll be a Grizmas present!

dayday said:
I just don't get why UM has an affinity for controlling the narrative to the point that they choke all good coverage away from them. Publicly announcing new staff members sooner rather than later: (1) gets the fan base excited; (2) gets new recruits excited because these coaches can actually recruit; and (3) creates clarity and stability for current players and recruits.

If I were UM SID and had to deal with the shit being constantly slung at the University by the two local rags in town I would certainly WANT to control the narrative, and I believe that's why they're ATTEMPTING to control the narrative....they're just not doing a very good job of it.

I'm new here so please forgive my ignorance on this subject. With the recent shakeup on the Griz' coaching staff, who is the new special teams coach? My son will be looking to transfer somewhere after next season and he's looking to find out who to contact and send his video and info to to see if there's any interest. And, to find out if Montana even looks at JUCO players. Thanks

BigSkyConfFan said:
I'm new here so please forgive my ignorance on this subject. With the recent shakeup on the Griz' coaching staff, who is the new special teams coach? My son will be looking to transfer somewhere after next season and he's looking to find out who to contact and send his video and info to to see if there's any interest. And, to find out if Montana even looks at JUCO players. Thanks

That would be Head Coach Bobby Hauck... Good Luck

And Yes UM averages about 2-3 Juco players a year.

Paytonlives said:
BigSkyConfFan said:

I would add Hauck is a Jedi master with special teams by the way. Check this article:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/sd-sp-aztecs-special-teams-kickoff-return-touchdowns-20171004-story,amp.html

HookedonGriz said:
Paytonlives said:
BigSkyConfFan said:

I would add Hauck is a Jedi master with special teams by the way. Check this article:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/sd-sp-aztecs-special-teams-kickoff-return-touchdowns-20171004-story,amp.html

Great stuff! Thanks for the info on who to contact as well as the link to the article. It's also encouraging to know that Montana will look at JUCO transfers...the lone Big Sky school in our state apparently doesn't.

Listen to this show on Saturday....Hauck confirms Rosenbach and says he won’t be hiring more staff right away from what he has learned from past...he feels the three he has hired now can get done what needs to through dead period in early Jan.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/fcsnationradio1/status/941731399236833280[/tweet]

BigSkyConfFan said:

Contact Justin Green he is the recruiting coordinator. The contact info should be on gogriz.com.

MrG said:
Listen to this show on Saturday....
:?: What show is that :?:

8am Saturday at kgrzmissoula.com Fox Sports 1450 and 92.7 KGRZ and 1340 KYLT.

podcast at bettssportsbeat.com and click on podcasts. (As it should be up late tonight or early tomorrow.)

I.M.O.#90-C.C. said:
MrG said:
Listen to this show on Saturday....
:?: What show is that :?:

8am Saturday at kgrzmissoula.com Fox Sports 1450 and 92.7 KGRZ and 1340 KYLT.

podcast at bettssportsbeat.com and click on podcasts. (As it should be up late tonight or early tomorrow.)

I listened to the on line stream this morning. Good listen and thanks for the heads up on this. I wasn't familiar with this program.

Back