• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz Football Coaching Staff

I.M.O.#90-C.C. said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gftrib_smansch/status/943945955547713536[/tweet]

https://network1sports.com/radioarchives/kinx/kinx-12-21-2017-starting-at-08-03AM.mp3

Fantastic listen. Lots of good stuff here.

- Said the staff will be in place after the new year and then will be meeting right away to get things planned and organized ( I got the feeling a lot of it was already in place)
- said we can expect to probably sign another 9-10 guys
- they are working on getting Robbie officially transferred
- The offense will be whatever allows them to be balanced with both passing and running
- said his twins may be going to nursing school which would probably be Montana State and that he's not sure if he can write that check and if they do the twins are officially on their own :D

Dmontanagrizzlies said:
dayday said:
San Diego State's DC, Danny Gonzalez, is going to Arizona State and might be taking their DL coach as well. I would presume this means that it is less likely that we get Tony White or Zach Arnett off their staff as they are probably in line for a promotion there.

http://footballscoop.com/The-Scoop/

In addition, Herm is also hiring the Western Ill. head coach. I think you're correct day day, it could get interesting with that departure at SDSU.
Really? Well then I think we’re gonna beat Western Illinois next year then. Where’d you hear that at?

Griz til I die said:
Dmontanagrizzlies said:
dayday said:
San Diego State's DC, Danny Gonzalez, is going to Arizona State and might be taking their DL coach as well. I would presume this means that it is less likely that we get Tony White or Zach Arnett off their staff as they are probably in line for a promotion there.

http://footballscoop.com/The-Scoop/

In addition, Herm is also hiring the Western Ill. head coach. I think you're correct day day, it could get interesting with that departure at SDSU.
Really? Well then I think we’re gonna beat Western Illinois next year then. Where’d you hear that at?
In the same link day day posted. It's now been updated that football scoop has not directly verified it and credits the source that is reporting about Western Ill.

ABQCat said:
I wonder if Bob feels he jumped the gun here. He was probably going to be SDSU's DC if he would have hung around. Now he has to figure out how to rebuild the fuzz balls and manage the unrealalistic expectations of a insanely entitled fanbase. Buyers remorse much?

The new early signing period hurt Bob pretty bad IMO. There are many signed individuals that he could have turned by February under the old system.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Always great to see a state ag supporter putting your rodeo clown degree to good use.

Early signing leaves a lot of guys without spots once the music stops today. There may be another ten spots open for guys who thought they had a FBS or FCS spot & don’t. Once he wraps up the season @ SDSU tomorrow, we’ll see how charming he can be. On the other hand, Coach Quote may be the guy with the spent wad.

HookedonGriz said:
I.M.O.#90-C.C. said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gftrib_smansch/status/943945955547713536[/tweet]

https://network1sports.com/radioarchives/kinx/kinx-12-21-2017-starting-at-08-03AM.mp3

Fantastic listen. Lots of good stuff here.

- Said the staff will be in place after the new year and then will be meeting right away to get things planned and organized ( I got the feeling a lot of it was already in place)
- said we can expect to probably sign another 9-10 guys
- they are working on getting Robbie officially transferred
- The offense will be whatever allows them to be balanced with both passing and running
- said his twins may be going to nursing school which would probably be Montana State and that he's not sure if he can write that check and if they do the twins are officially on their own :D

Added info

- also said he wants a quarterback in every class from senior down to redshirt freshman. With two signatures yesterday in Sneed and graves they have accomplished that

“There’s a good chance we’re going to lose four or five coaches,” Long said. “That’s what happens when you win at a place you’re not supposed to.”

“I’ve got a head coach who’s leaving my staff. He’s got all kinds of positions.

“Now I probably have a new defensive coordinator leaving my staff that’s going to get to hire two or three guys.

New Arizona State head coach Herm Edwards, an SDSU graduate, also has openings on his staff for defensive line and defensive backs coaches.

Hauck retained three members of the Montana coaching staff, but will be looking to fill several other roles.

“In Danny’s case, he has not offered anybody on our staff a job yet,” Long said. “Coach Hauck has. Several. None of them have officially taken it yet.”

SDSU linebackers coach Zach Arnett is among those who have been rumored to be leaving.

bgbigdog said:
ABQCat said:
I wonder if Bob feels he jumped the gun here. He was probably going to be SDSU's DC if he would have hung around. Now he has to figure out how to rebuild the fuzz balls and manage the unrealalistic expectations of a insanely entitled fanbase. Buyers remorse much?

The new early signing period hurt Bob pretty bad IMO. There are many signed individuals that he could have turned by February under the old system.

Always great to see a state ag supporter putting your rodeo clown degree to good use.

Early signing leaves a lot of guys without spots once the music stops today. There may be another ten spots open for guys who thought they had a FBS or FCS spot & don’t. Once he wraps up the season @ SDSU tomorrow, we’ll see how charming he can be. On the other hand, Coach Quote may be the guy with the spent wad.

Haha. Nice. Of all the things to come back with, you lead with degree programs offered and how much value they have. I'll bet 16000 kids vs 9000 that you're wrong.

Let's face it. Bob coaching this bowl game so he can make some extra $$ is really idiotic. Not a good start for the savior.

ABQCat said:
bgbigdog said:
ABQCat said:

Haha. Nice. Of all the things to come back with, you lead with degree programs offered and how much value they have. I'll bet 16000 kids vs 9000 that you're wrong.

Let's face it. Bob coaching this bowl game so he can make some extra $$ is really idiotic. Not a good start for the savior.
Has not hurt recruiting at all... Kicked you ass all over the state.

Paytonlives said:
ABQCat said:
bgbigdog said:
ABQCat said:

Heard that before. Like in 2015 before our guys kicked your ass all over the football field the next two years. Nice try.

Don't make VIM come in here and remind you grizidiots how amazing you thought your 2015 class was until the wheels fell off (minus Simms of course).

ABQCat said:
Paytonlives said:
ABQCat said:
bgbigdog said:

Heard that before. Like in 2015 before our guys kicked your ass all over the football field the next two years. Nice try.

Don't make VIM come in here and remind you grizidiots how amazing you thought your 2015 class was until the wheels fell off (minus Simms of course).

Dude... You are delusional. My quote was about recruiting, so yes UM kicked msu ass in in-state recruiting this year!

ABQCat said:
Paytonlives said:
ABQCat said:
bgbigdog said:

And Bingham and Sandry

ABQCat said:
bgbigdog said:
ABQCat said:

You know Choate did the same thing and coached in Washjngtons bowl game right? Maybe that's why he has a losing record in his first two years??

Paytonlives said:
ABQCat said:
bgbigdog said:
ABQCat said:

I guess you like to dream that. MSU had a an excellent early signing day. The Montana players MSU recruited are just about interchangeable with the UM Montana recruits as far as State rankings. There wasn't much of a difference. The proof will be in a few years and then we will know for sure who had the best class of Montana kids this year.

bigsky33 said:
Paytonlives said:
ABQCat said:
bgbigdog said:

I guess you like to dream that. MSU had a an excellent early signing day. The Montana players MSU recruited are just about interchangeable with the UM Montana recruits as far as State rankings. There wasn't much of a difference. The proof will be in a few years and then we will know for sure who had the best class of Montana kids this year.

Again Delusional... but what does this have to do with Griz football staff? Get back to subject or will be closed...

ABQCat said:
Paytonlives said:
ABQCat said:
bgbigdog said:

2015 the griz kicked your ass instate recruiting and on the field ,2016 and 2017 dead even recruiting on the field close victories for you guys,2018 griz win recruiting battle yet to be determined on the field!!!!

catsack said:
ABQCat said:
Paytonlives said:
ABQCat said:

2015 the griz kicked your ass instate recruiting and on the field ,2016 and 2017 dead even recruiting on the field close victories for you guys,2018 griz win recruiting battle yet to be determined on the field!!!!

What do fans of a 5-6 football team do after winning their last home game of the season?

Answer: They storm the field as if they won a national title.. :lol:

No news this week on coaching staff hires is killing me! Can't someone manufacture a rumor that we can all get excited about?

Back