• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz Football Coaching Staff

Another thing Colter mentioned on the Friday show was that Hendricks and Semore were lobbying for positions on the staff. I think Semore as a linebacker coach or something wouldn’t be all that bad. He’d keep that Arizona and Oklahoma pipeline going for recruiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dayday said:
Another thing Colter mentioned on the Friday show was that Hendricks and Semore were lobbying for positions on the staff. I think Semore as a linebacker coach or something wouldn’t be all that bad. He’d keep that Arizona and Oklahoma pipeline going for recruiting.

Agree as long as NOT coordinators and would be loyal. Neikamp on the other hand no way

Semore does not need to be on our staff he was the poison for stitt I feel like if we had a different D-Cordinator stitt would still be here and we would have had a few more wins

Semore gets crapped on here a lot. I think his play calling was suspect at times, but also think his struggle was largely due to the scheme that Stitt expected from his defense.

Despite some of the obvious weaknesses, Semores defenses did put up some great stats. He also has a pretty good resume as a coach.

Remember how excited we all were when the reigns were handed from Gregorak to Semore mid-way through the ‘15 season? Also remember that Gregoraks defense in ‘15 did not look like world beaters either. Under a defensive minded head coach, he seems to doing just fine at MSU...better than his year under Stitt.

If Semore is indeed interested in staying on staff, I like the loyalty that shows. I don’t see him staying on as DC, but I would have no problem with Semore as a positions coach under Hauck. Let him see what he can do under a coach who prioritizes defense.

Semore may have been the scapegoat but I don’t honestly believe that he, alone, was the issue. I think DC’s under Stitt were always going to be a dime a dozen.

Jaredkuehn said:
Semore gets crapped on here a lot. I think his play calling was suspect at times, but also think his struggle was largely due to the scheme that Stitt expected from his defense.

Despite some of the obvious weaknesses, Semores defenses did put up some great stats. He also has a pretty good resume as a coach.

Remember how excited we all were when the reigns were handed from Gregorak to Semore mid-way through the ‘15 season? Also remember that Gregoraks defense in ‘15 did not look like world beaters either. Under a defensive minded head coach, he seems to doing just fine at MSU...better than his year under Stitt.

If Semore is indeed interested in staying on staff, I like the loyalty that shows. I don’t see him staying on as DC, but I would have no problem with Semore as a positions coach under Hauck. Let him see what he can do under a coach who prioritizes defense.

Semore may have been the scapegoat but I don’t honestly believe that he, alone, was the issue. I think DC’s under Stitt were always going to be a dime a dozen.

I agree with what you said. I believe he was a LB coach at Okla St for some time as well. If he wanted to stay and coach LBs I don't think that's a bad deal.

HookedonGriz said:
Jaredkuehn said:

I agree with what you said. I believe he was a LB coach at Okla St for some time as well. If he wanted to stay and coach LBs I don't think that's a bad deal.

Semore was highly regarded for his bright defensive mind. Unfortunately, he wasn’t ready to be a defensive coordinator yet. He would have made a great contribution as a position coach where he could have provided insight to his boss.

Jaredkuehn said:

JK: what leads you to believe that Semore may have been the scapegoat ? :?:

Proud Griz Man said:
Jaredkuehn said:

Because it was his defense that couldn’t stop good teams (and even some mediocre teams—MSU) when it counted.

I think new faces are needed. Especially on defense. Bobby has to have plenty of names that he’d rather plug in.

AZ = I get that.

I was asking JK about why he believes that Semore is being scapegoated in this situation.

scape·goat ˈskāpˌɡōt noun
1. a person who is blamed for the wrongdoings, mistakes, or faults of others, especially for reasons of expediency. synonyms: whipping boy; More
2. (in the Bible) a goat sent into the wilderness after the Jewish chief priest had symbolically laid the sins of the people upon it (Lev. 16). verb
1. make a scapegoat of.
:eek: it is an interesting hypothesis that Semore is scapegoated, and I would like to hear more detail.

AZGrizFan said:
Proud Griz Man said:
Jaredkuehn said:

Because it was his defense that couldn’t stop good teams (and even some mediocre teams—MSU) when it counted.

JK: what leads you to believe that Semore may have been the scapegoat ?

I’m referring more to fan sentiment than anything. He obviously was not Stitts scapegoat. I believe if Stitt stayed, he would have stuck with Semore for the foreseeable future.

However, in talking with people and reading all the “fire Semore” comments on egriz, the finger of the fans was pointed right at Semore as the problem. Just read through the comments about him in this thread. He’s taken a beating from the fans, but I don’t think plugging in a new DC in Stitts system was going to magically fix the issues on the defensive side of the ball.

Oh OK. Overall, I feel safe in telling you that the eGriz posters have strong personal opinions and relatively limited football information.

Jaredkuehn said:
JK: what leads you to believe that Semore may have been the scapegoat ?

I’m referring more to fan sentiment than anything. He obviously was not Stitts scapegoat. I believe if Stitt stayed, he would have stuck with Semore for the foreseeable future.

However, in talking with people and reading all the “fire Semore” comments on egriz, the finger of the fans was pointed right at Semore as the problem. Just read through the comments about him in this thread. He’s taken a beating from the fans, but I don’t think plugging in a new DC in Stitts system was going to magically fix the issues on the defensive side of the ball.

Kraig Paulson just retweeted a recruit thing for Southern Illinois so I personally feel better.

grizcountry420 said:
dayday said:
Kraig Paulson just retweeted a recruit thing for Southern Illinois so I personally feel better.

Hopefully we dodged a bullet.

Fingers crossed but I’m getting the feeling we might not get an official announcement on OC, DC or other staff until after early signing period, maybe even after the 1st of the year. I suppose it makes some sense to a degree but sure makes it tougher for Hauck and Green with recruiting. Maybe they have guys and are telling the recruits but not sure why. Maybe Colter or Kyle might be able to update us more on this.

Back