• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz Football Coaching Staff

BigSkyConfFan said:
HookedonGriz said:
Paytonlives said:
BigSkyConfFan said:
I'm new here so please forgive my ignorance on this subject. With the recent shakeup on the Griz' coaching staff, who is the new special teams coach? My son will be looking to transfer somewhere after next season and he's looking to find out who to contact and send his video and info to to see if there's any interest. And, to find out if Montana even looks at JUCO players. Thanks

That would be Head Coach Bobby Hauck... Good Luck

And Yes UM averages about 2-3 Juco players a year.

I would add Hauck is a Jedi master with special teams by the way. Check this article:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/sd-sp-aztecs-special-teams-kickoff-return-touchdowns-20171004-story,amp.html

Great stuff! Thanks for the info on who to contact as well as the link to the article. It's also encouraging to know that Montana will look at JUCO transfers...the lone Big Sky school in our state apparently doesn't.

Hopefully your son is a DB, looks like we have room in our secondary.
You from Oregon or Colorado?

GrizLogger said:
BigSkyConfFan said:
HookedonGriz said:
Paytonlives said:
That would be Head Coach Bobby Hauck... Good Luck

And Yes UM averages about 2-3 Juco players a year.

I would add Hauck is a Jedi master with special teams by the way. Check this article:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/sd-sp-aztecs-special-teams-kickoff-return-touchdowns-20171004-story,amp.html

Great stuff! Thanks for the info on who to contact as well as the link to the article. It's also encouraging to know that Montana will look at JUCO transfers...the lone Big Sky school in our state apparently doesn't.

Or Arizona

AZDoc said:
GrizLogger said:
BigSkyConfFan said:
HookedonGriz said:

Or Arizona

Washington. And unfortunately he's not a DB, he's a Kicker.

BigSkyConfFan said:
AZDoc said:
GrizLogger said:
BigSkyConfFan said:

Or Arizona

Washington. And unfortunately he's not a DB, he's a Kicker.

Even better.

AZDoc said:
EWoo doesn’t take juco players? Huh

That's what he was told. He was being looked at by them but he ended up being a non qualifier so he decided to go the JUCO route down in California and look to transfer after getting his AA degree. They told him they don't recruit JUCO players so that pretty much ended that. I'm encouraging him to build relationships with schools at all levels of football, not just FBS and I keep trying to impress on him just how special a place Montana is. Hopefully it'll sink in and next June when he's hitting the various camps to show his stuff for the coaches, he'll be wanting to come to Missoula and check out University of Montana.

BigSkyConfFan said:
AZDoc said:

That's what he was told. He was being looked at by them but he ended up being a non qualifier so he decided to go the JUCO route down in California and look to transfer after getting his AA degree. They told him they don't recruit JUCO players so that pretty much ended that. I'm encouraging him to build relationships with schools at all levels of football, not just FBS and I keep trying to impress on him just how special a place Montana is. Hopefully it'll sink in and next June when he's hitting the various camps to show his stuff for the coaches, he'll be wanting to come to Missoula and check out University of Montana.

But can he kick? Hahaha it’s a requirement for this board to ask...

AZDoc said:
BigSkyConfFan said:
AZDoc said:

Well...I'm not sure how much I'm allowed to share here so there aren't any potential NCAA violations or anything but I'm pretty sure I can share this: he was 1st team all-conference last year and in the process he broke two school kicking records that were both set in 1996. He set a school record for booting 17 points in a game, old record was 11. That game he was 4/4 FG and 5/5 PAT. He also broke the school record for most points kicked in a season. Old record was 56 and he ended up with 66 and was the teams leading scorer.

BigSkyConfFan said:
AZDoc said:
BigSkyConfFan said:
AZDoc said:

Well...I'm not sure how much I'm allowed to share here so there aren't any potential NCAA violations or anything but I'm pretty sure I can share this: he was 1st team all-conference last year and in the process he broke two school kicking records that were both set in 1996. He set a school record for booting 17 points in a game, old record was 11. That game he was 4/4 FG and 5/5 PAT. He also broke the school record for most points kicked in a season. Old record was 56 and he ended up with 66 and was the teams leading scorer.
Longest FG?

Dillon said:
BigSkyConfFan said:
AZDoc said:
BigSkyConfFan said:

Longest FG?

47, and being JUCO ball it was kicked off the ground with no block and on college/pro width uprights.

MrG said:
Listen to this show on Saturday....
:?: What show is that :?:

They will be rerunning the Hauck Interview this week on FCS Nation.

11AM Central Time AM 1100 The Flag Fargo, ND
http://radio.securenetsystems.net/v5/WZFG

8AM Mountain Time KGRZ and KYLT Missoula
http://streamdb7web.securenetsystems.net/ce/index.cfm?stationCallSign=KGRZAM

10AM Pacific Time 1510 Spokane, WA
http://player.tritondigital.com/3151

[tweet]https://twitter.com/gftrib_smansch/status/943945955547713536[/tweet]

https://network1sports.com/radioarchives/kinx/kinx-12-21-2017-starting-at-08-03AM.mp3

Interesting tidbit in the story below that Hauck might bring one or two San Diego State coaches with him

www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/aztecs/sd-sp-azfoot-bobby-hauck-coaching-at-armed-forces-bowl-1222-story,amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

Paytonlives said:
Interesting tidbit in the story below that Hauck might bring one or two San Diego State coaches with him

www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/aztecs/sd-sp-azfoot-bobby-hauck-coaching-at-armed-forces-bowl-1222-story,amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

".....Salaries for the FCS school are lower than those in similar positions at SDSU, so any coach who leaves would likely do so to boost his career trajectory rather than his financial situation....."

Well yes and no. I believe Arnett is $140ish down there. Forget what Semore's base was? Pretty sure Bobby negotiated some raises or incentives spread around to new staff, minus Niekamp's salary (spread that around as well) figure in the difference in cost of living up here and in Southern California and he will do just fine, or at least not take a big hit.

It is cold up here though, and loud.

Side note: San Diego State stadium....

2015 21,000 attendance
2016 25,500 attendance
2017 28,500 attendance

...but that's with a capacity over 70,000 so ya, we got loud....and cold.

“Arizona State: Source tells FootballScoop San Diego State defensive coordinator Danny Gonzales will be ASU’s new defensive coordinator. Gonzales has served on SDSU’s staff the past seven seasons; but added the DC title just this past year. He also coaches safeties.”

This could trickle down to effecting how Griz staff plays out.

San Diego State's DC, Danny Gonzalez, is going to Arizona State and might be taking their DL coach as well. I would presume this means that it is less likely that we get Tony White or Zach Arnett off their staff as they are probably in line for a promotion there.

http://footballscoop.com/The-Scoop/

dayday said:
San Diego State's DC, Danny Gonzalez, is going to Arizona State and might be taking their DL coach as well. I would presume this means that it is less likely that we get Tony White or Zach Arnett off their staff as they are probably in line for a promotion there.

http://footballscoop.com/The-Scoop/

In addition, Herm is also hiring the Western Ill. head coach. I think you're correct day day, it could get interesting with that departure at SDSU.

I wonder if Bob feels he jumped the gun here. He was probably going to be SDSU's DC if he would have hung around. Now he has to figure out how to rebuild the fuzz balls and manage the unrealalistic expectations of a insanely entitled fanbase. Buyers remorse much?

The new early signing period hurt Bob pretty bad IMO. There are many signed individuals that he could have turned by February under the old system.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Back