• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz Football Coaching Staff

PlayerRep said:
AllWeatherFan said:
You may be correct that many of the same players on defense will start playing more physically.

If they don't, they may not be getting playing time.

Agreed! I think the key is physicality within the trenches both sides. Zone scheme on offense vs man up kick azz scheme. Defense flying to the ball and destroying people. That will be a fun change of pace. Many coaches preach physical football, but many fail to produce it. The key is for them to remember you hit them!

I would love to see someone tell Buss, Shaw, Sandry, Banks, Sims, Strahm, Strong, Rodriguez that they “didn’t play physical last year” to their face. In fact I’d pay to watch that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting that Hauck tried to hire Kent Baer to Montana twice before. A lot of people (myself included) were scratching their heads about this hire. I admit that it seemed a bit like a desperate hire at first.

The fact that Hauck tried to hire him before tells me that's not so much the case. Time to put some faith in Hauck's decision and see how things go.

AZGrizFan said:
I would love to see someone tell Buss, Shaw, Sandry, Banks, Sims, Strahm, Strong, Rodriguez that they “didn’t play physical last year” to their face. In fact I’d pay to watch that.

This is overblown because of individuals. There's a difference in individuals playing physical and coaches scheming to be physical. The latter is what people (even if they don't know it) are asking for. The players you listed, and others btw, are more than up to the task.

grizd said:
AZGrizFan said:

This is overblown because of individuals. There's a difference in individuals playing physical and coaches scheming to be physical. The latter is what people (even if they don't know it) are asking for. The players you listed, and others btw, are more than up to the task.

I've talked to one or more of those players about this general subject, more about whether the team or any parts of it were soft. "No, but sort of coached to be soft." Comment wasn't directed at any particular group or position. This comment seems to fin with the prior post.

Jaredkuehn said:
Interesting that Hauck tried to hire Kent Baer to Montana twice before. A lot of people (myself included) were scratching their heads about this hire. I admit that it seemed a bit like a desperate hire at first.

The fact that Hauck tried to hire him before tells me that's not so much the case. Time to put some faith in Hauck's decision and see how things go.

I agree. Obviously I've been one of the harshest critics of this hire...the fact BH has tried a couple times before is definitely interesting....

garizzalies said:
Your back-pedaling is impressive. We could use a good CB. Got any eligibility left?

5 to play 4, in fact.

BTW, thanks for stalking me. Always wanted someone to follow me around like a puppy dog and hang on every word I said.

Other than the hold overs I see a huge improvement at every position. The Grizzlies will be a force from the first day of 2018.. This is not a three year plan! This an immediate contender!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Griz!

i_the_sky said:
Other than the hold overs I see a huge improvement at every position. The Grizzlies will be a force from the first day of 2018.. This is not a three year plan! This is an immediate contender!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Griz!
[/quote
]

Brent Pease has changed his twitter to Griz pics so I imagine a official announcement should be coming soon.

https://twitter.com/CoachPease

Hauck stated in presser there are 1 or 2 more coaches lined up and just going through the UM HR stuff and should be announced next week. He said they are all on board and ready to go.

HookedonGriz said:
Hauck stated in presser there are 1 or 2 more coaches lined up and just going through the UM HR stuff and should be announced next week. He said they are all on board and ready to go.

A couple I’ve heard about if they are the people would be solid hires.

dayday said:
HookedonGriz said:

A couple I’ve heard about if they are the people would be solid hires.

Sweet! I am always okay with that! Are we looking at a LB coach or what else?

Back